Why are all aliens just

why are all aliens just
>le super advanced race of biped humanoids
did 'lesser' aliens even exist as a concept until alien?
im so sick of every alien race being humanoid and technologically more advanced than humans
where are the stories/movies/shows/games with savage animals aliens, or like what about some aliens that are gaseous, or non-carbon based? i feel like writers are just lazy uncreative fucks.

E.T.

Stanisław Lem's aliens are mostly swarm-like penetrating everything insects or plasma using telekinesis and psychology.

Hahahah what? How little SF have you read OP?

i dont read :^)

I guess you don't watch films either.

like what?
alien is the only thing i can think of that has savage aliens, literally everything else is more advanced aliens that come to bully earth

Banks' Culture series has some weird alien races (though everything is still mostly human-focused given the nature of the Culture).

I also remember China Miéville's Bas-Lag series having some weird ass creatures too.

District 9 (maybe), Five Million Years To Earth, Geonosians, the Arachnids from Starship Troopers 1, 2 and 3, Alien Apocalypse, Astro Boy, The Gorg, The Host, Galaxy Guest, a bunch of shit in Men In Black, Evolution, Solaris, Warning from Space, The Thing, Dark Star, the Na'vi, Edge of Tomorrow, anything based on Lovecraft, even A Trip to the Moon (1902) has insect aliens.

In the majority of SF novels or series that feature multiple alien races, they tend to be anywhere along a spectrum from bestial uncontacted aliens to almost godlike, and the humans can be anywhere in there at all. Lots of Golden Age SF novels and short stories explore different sorts of alien lives and how they might manifest, all the ones you've mentioned otherwise you'd not have thought of them. PKD, Niven, Banks, Wyndham, Lem, loads.

Usually the triumvirate of beasts, humans, angels is popular cross-genre, so you have Zerg-Human-Protoss, Xenomorph-Human-Predator, Orc-Human-Elves, Blacks-Whites-Jews/Asians, Arachnid-Human-Skinnies. I think it's just how the basic format of we're accustomed to perceiving the world around us.

>/pol/ says whites are the master race
>cites how white culture and iq is superior to blacks
>ignores the facts that the same things they apply to blacks apply to them when compared to jews or asians
>they REEE out if you bring it up.
lmao

>or like what about some aliens that are gaseous, or non-carbon based?
The Colour Out of Space

Blindsight kinda focuses on your problem, OP

>jews
>literally horrible genes because of inbreeding
>asians
>theorically have higher IQs but did nothing

>perfect organism
>'lesser' alien

What board do you think you're on, pleb?

"Nobody wants a magical passport to a world full of talking slugs." - Brian Aldiss

real aliens would either be incredibly boring, non-confrontational or just unimaginably other, to where your average reader couldn't identify with them. SF is about entertainment, not realism.

you two - out of the fucking pool, and if i see you around here again, i'm calling your parents.

That would be obviously racist

Portraying aliens as lesser than human is speciesist, and akin to racist depictions of blacks in the past. You should be ashamed, there's nothing special about being human. Fucking pig.

>he prefers Alien to Aliens

aliens are fodder m8 :^)

Literally any warhammer 40k novel.

Literally just about how humans are destined to rule the galaxy over inferior xenos.

In fact humans in this universe overthrew all other forms of religion to worship the god emperor of mankind. Hence how its a mortal human.

>implying Aliens did not showcase their most intelligent and complex behavior patterns
>falling for the Cameron and his dumb bugs meme

watch the movies again lad