Recently bought this. What should I expect?

Recently bought this. What should I expect?

Shit basically.

Shakespeare

rich jew telling you what to like

The Western Cannon.

Namedroppings that will sound nonsensical unless you know the subject. More than half of the book is about semi-obscure German/French critics citating something or someone.

I've had it for a while. I just read the intro and Bloom seems as based as the threads on lit lead me to believe.

Phenomenal unless you're a Christian

>citating
what did he mean by this?

Why not just read the books in the canon

Why not just build a a Western Cannon

Is this just a list of books to read? How thick can this book be? Are there really 500+ pages filled with books to read?

Because you need the ideology to tell you if they were good and what you thought about them

How much money you think Bloom made off this?

big joke

The Eastern Kanon is superior

Explosive levels of discernible talent

Ezra Pound moved to Italy, not Japan.

No, it's about what books should be canon and why Bloom likes them. He doesn't give a definitive list.

It's a good book, prompts thought. Youll agree and disagree. I remember wondering at some (for me) notable exclusions. Huysmanns, for instance.

For you

>semi-obscure
Literally mostly Jonson and Hazzlit.

If you're talking about the list at the end, keep in mind the editors made Bloom put that in, and to create it he just put down anything that came in from the top of his head in a couple hours. It's a fine place to go for recommendations, but you shouldn't take it seriously at all.

That's just what Bloom kept telling the media and himself after he was exposed for his infernal plebery.

Didn't know that. I read it some time ago and liked it, but remember being puzzled by the list.
His latest The Daemon Knows is his best in years. Strong rec if (you) haven't read it yet.

yes he does it's at the end

he later claimed that it was at the behest of his publisher and he did it offhandedly and wishes he could revoke or revise it

Crap. Bloom is an pretty boring and awful critic tbqh

Well then who do you suggest I read for information regarding the canon?