What is Thomas Ligotti's problem?

What is Thomas Ligotti's problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wIZG1IcpR-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Panic anxiety disorder, bipolar depression and severe agoraphobia. It has left him in a state of suffering where he can do nothing but reflect on the nature of suffering.

He sees the futility of existence and the nobility of suicide but also sees it as a meaningless act that neither alleviates nor overcomes the hollow condition of life. So, he contents himself to be an observer and artist in the face of the all-encompassing void within the human heart. That is, until one day when he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and immediately retreats into his closet to tie his belt around the doorknob and his throat and say the last goodbye.

he THINNKS life is VERY BAD and that WE SHOULDN'T - live BECAUSE we SUFFFER

He tries very hard to be the Lovecraft of our times, but cannot as he does not possess the secret to Lovecraft's genius.

Not disagreeing with you, but can you elaborate?

He's a little too perky

He looks like an old Adam Lanza

I always find it funny how these pessimistic fucks somehow manage to reach a ripe old age.

Racism

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=wIZG1IcpR-4

Being completely repressed/unreflective of the contents of ones subconconcious.

Doesn't he have some sort of gastrointestinal issue? Someone around here said as much.

I cba to find the relevant quotes but yeah, google 'ligotti stomach problems'. Maybe he has a worm or IBS or whatever. Something.

So life is suffering because he shits himself and must wear a diaper?

Yeah I guess that helps

Is there any counter-Ligotti?
Book, thinker, whatevs

He has IBS and has been hospitalized several times as a result. He also dabbled in drugs and rock music in his late teens / early 20s before settling down as a wageslave editing academic books and writing spooky stories about disgruntled wageslaves. He now lives in Florida with his elderly parents and spends his days surfing, hitting on babes and rollerblading along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.

Facebook Dot Com.

This is true. Suicide without full contemplation is not only meaningless but might actually have negative value - purgatory, oblivion, eternal return.

I bet he plays a sick game of bingo.

Tony Robbins. Awakening the Giant Within.

being in possession of consciousness

He's a hedonist who has failed a few too many times. He badly needs Nietzsche.

He's probably a virgin desu

>thinking ligotti didn't read through freddy

no one wanted to fuck him in high school so he came up with the radical idea that consciousness was a mistake and 'everyone suffers' therefore life is bad and shouldn't exist

fedora as fuck desu and if you agree with him u must kill ya self ;)

If he did he wouldn't think suffering is so bad.

Lol he lived his life in reverse

Nietzsche isn't all that convincing desu. His defence of life didn't amount to more than drug induced pseudo-poetry.

source?

Pseudointellecual douchebag

Nietzsche is full of shit and the Nietzsche tradition only shows how biased everyone is and how readily they will dismiss pessimism