Does anyone get rid of books once they've read them?

Does anyone get rid of books once they've read them?

the increasing gentrification of my neighbourhood and the surrounding area means there's a shit load of "book exchanges" opening so when I'm done with a mass market paperback piece of shit I can swap it for some idiots copy of Nathan Hill's The Nix.

That said, I don't do this for every book. Just the shit.

no. maybe if they took up more memory space on my computer I would have to delete the ones I wasn't too fond of. but since they are small files I don't mind keeping the stinkers as well

>tfw no minimalist asian milf to give you handies on the bare floor

y tho...
I was trying to ignore tf

Unless I really liked them or thought they were important (read: look impressive on my shelf) I donate them to charity. Ironically enough these charities sell the books and then use the money for (ostensibly) charitable purposes, so if you buy used books on the internet you might be getting one of my cast offs. Pretty neat huh?

I switched to e-reader completely.

Don't read much 2rare4internet stuff anymore desu.

No. Who does this?

you

Only if they suck. Pic related

I'll only "get rid of it" (sell/donate it seems more appropriate) if I know I'll likely never read it again, or if I can comfortably deem it a waste of real estate. Books I will read again/just enjoy having around are stored and put away. Out of sight, out of mind.

My exgf was obsessed with this book. She must have read it 20 times now. I hated it.

:'(

It's true though

wishful thinking + survivor bias = truth

No, but if I strongly disliked the book then I would probably give it away to someone who might enjoy it more.

Go home, Haruki.

Yes and no. Do alot of trading with two exceptionally good used shops in my neighborhood. That said, I own at any one time between 800 and 1000, 250 of which I'll keep by me till I die.

fuck you, ryu!

Sometimes I throw them away. (If they are paperback)

Every few years, I pare down my collection and donate a bunch of books.

In the era of ebooks, it doesn't make much sense to hold on to lots of physical books, just because maybe one day I'll reread it, or it looks nice on my shelf.

if the books are reading does not deserve to be re-read your taste is shite and you should go back to r -eddit

Nah, I keep them in case I ever want to re-read them. Its probably why I've been banned from all the libraries in my county.

I have a small bookshelf so once it's full I donate a big chunk to my library.

I do this probably once a year for the last 5 or 6.

beavers actually enjoy chewing on old books.

Something I found out.

they're certainly on the chopping block if I have no reason to revisit them.

>Does anyone get rid of books once they've read them?

About 70 or 80% of the time, yes. The one's I keep, I generally box up and store in the closet. It's a mistake to display books, I think, though sometimes it's convient to stack the ones you go back to and frequently consult somewhere out in the open. I don't even let anyone into my apartment, but I'm still hellbent on not displaying titles like a fucking curated museum.

Really though, it's best to think of most books as common property, and just give them away when you're done.