Some of the greatest libraries in the world burned down and were lost to time like sand

>Some of the greatest libraries in the world burned down and were lost to time like sand

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyr_play
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Cycle
youtube.com/watch?v=PCGPhzWWgco
goodreads.com/book/show/313011.How_the_Catholic_Church_Built_Western_Civilization
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And now liberals are destroying the white world

I'm glad those pieces of rags with scribbling drawn on burned away like the mass of chemicals they are. Who cares about a bunch of ramblings of white old men that was transfered from their drunken, ignorant brain farts to the ink on the poop-touched cloth from thousands of years ago? Literally as useful as my brainlet first draft essays I wrote in high school while distracted by boobies, not even useful for wiping your arse with.

We could have prevented this.

yea yea we got by after the greeks you just have latent hoarding tendencies and a fetish for order. I don't care, the universe doesn't care everything around you can come crashing down at any moment.

Your mother will die, remember that mama's boy

Yes soon us whites will be dead and destroyed. Funny thing is once we are all dead the asians will just enslave blacks as they have no regard for human life of their own race let alone some race they view as 100% inferior.

if only we hadn't given women the vote, then this white world would've been great and we would be better off instead of shunted and genocided by hateful idiots who don't understand virtue, whiteness, or masculinity

Stop crying white boi.

What bothers me the most is the loss of the majority of the works on Greek mythology. To think that the Iliad and Odyssey represent just the tip of the iceberg. Fuck, there's an entire genre of Greek satyrical comedy of which we have just one (1) surviving example.

There are like, three threads up where you can be retarded in good company, and several boards. Can you please off?

Source on that?

The white world is pretty gravy imo but capitalism, as a direct product of the white world, has leapt beyond sustainability. Which is a problem since the white world is in the rigor-mortis grip of dead men's distant dreams.
Cocaine and coffee build a powerful world but marijuana and mushrooms imagine a unified one. The white world lost light of spirit under its pseudo-God's shadow. Not that Christian morality is wrong, but the fractures between practice and preach stem too rapidly.
There's too much intentional keeping in the dark in the white world.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyr_play

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Cycle

Wow thats alot of words to say nothing of value.

please differentiate between progressives liberals and classical liberals. You're literally lumping people who have opposing views together. It's like the what they do when they encompass the entire right as nazism

probably a liberel

You clearly don't understand the white world and its products. More than established several points there.

I want more Sappho so fucking badly. I'm still holding onto the fantasy that we'll eventually discover some hidden trove with her collected works preserved inside. We did find new stuff of hers a couple years ago.

Friendly reminder that we're inviting the group of people who burned down the Library of Alexandria into our own societies my the millions. There's something darkly poetic about that.

We hardly got by after the Greeks. We had a horrible dark age that was finally alleviated when we re-discovered them.

what will you do when your HDD crashes and you lose everything?

No you actually established nothing of value. What are you some first year college student whining about capitalism with no good arguments so you just spew words?

Is this satire?

Renaissance humanism was spurred on by the rediscovery of Greek philosophy. This isn't a controversial interpretation of history.

>"dark ages"
>not controversial
Have you deluded yourself?

I think you're reading comprehension is poor and you couldn't formulate the thoughts presented.

>muh non-judgemental historiography
The period after the decline of Rome and prior to the Renaissance was intellectually barren and parochial when compared to other periods in European history.

The great works stand the test of time. Only subpar books are susceptile to flame.

>intellectually barren
is this even possible? So people just gave up all intellectual pursuits, all of them?

Yes, no one living in Europe between 500 and 1200 AD never had a single thought in their lives. That's obviously what I mean.

I am reading comprehension. Nice kid keep trying. This is why you need to actually think before you spew your shit.

I'm ignorant of this. Can you provide a source on the "dark ages," in the pejorative sense, that happened for 1000 years? I'd like to read about it.

/pol/ getting edgier by the day

that feeling when you are on Veeky Forums catalogue with the tomorrow theme and you're F5ing waiting for a miracle and there just isn't one

If you want to be pedantic, they were really the Western dark ages. Eastern philosophy was chugging along just fine, but we (Westerners) tend to only care about Western history/philosophy as it more directly influenced our culture.

Literally just google it.

I did but it doesn't match what the person I'm speaking to is saying which is why I asked for his source. Do you always rudely butt into people's public anonymous conversations on an informal anime forum?

Islamic philosophy went into the crapper after Al-Ghazali, though, and Chinese philosophy just sort of stagnated for millenia after the Warring States period (the greatest flowering in China of philosophy) ended. India progressed by fits and starts (probably the fault of Buddhism), and Rome also experienced some of the same stagnation of China excepting Christianity and some mathematical achievements during the Empire.

>I am reading comprehension

The fucking irony

Comes from Petrarch and his view of the era between the fall of Rome and his own time. It's a simplistic reading of history, but roughly speaking the era was marked by relative stagnation. The flourishing of Greece and Rome lay behind it, and there was a loss of knowledge, especially with regards to architecture and mathematics, that occurred after areas that were once under the domain of a great central authority like Rome became backwaters and playthings for squabbling feudal lords.

So your source is literally one poet from 700 years ago view on his description of an "age of darkness," that is defined as literally not Greek/Roman, not modern scholarship... Jesus Christ.

The concept of a "dark age" comes from Plutarch, but our historical knowledge of the distinction between feudal Western Europe and Western Europe during the height of the Roman Empire is clear and supported by contemporary scholarship.

So where's your source? That's what I've been asking for.

>not like tears in rain
swing and a miss, user

Most of what I know about medieval history comes from George Holmes and Norman Cantor. I don't claim to be an expert on the topic, but if you haven't even heard of the arguments that compared the relative intellectual poverty of feudal societies in comparison to the rich culture shared among Greek city-states, then you need to read more history.

>just go read more history, ignoramus
o-ok

Thanks a lot, Christianity.

You sound like a teenage girl

Why does it matter its not like you would have read them anyway?

is this a post ironic shitpost

It was my understanding that the Christians burned down the library of Alexandria.

All is vanity.

It's all dust in the end.

It all burns up, or dissipates like a cloud of smoke.

All of it.

Except, mayhaps, your soul, user, and mine.

It was Caesar. It doesn't take too much time to google the facts and look after them yourself. Where did you get the idea that it was christians who burned the library, anyway?

Supposedly Theodosius had something to do with the destruction of part of the library, really there seem to be four different explanations for its destruction.

Ceasars civil war being cited as one of them.

>>WAAAAH ALL MY MYSTICAL TREATISES ON THE RITES OF PAGAN IDOLS AND VARIOUS BULLSHIT GRIMOIRES!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=PCGPhzWWgco

First Caesar, then Muslims

good. kill all knowledge forever and man can finally be free

>the greatest library in the entirety of human history exists
>we use it to call each other niggers anonymously

Most information is useless information.

Then why cry over the past?

>B-b-b-b-but we don't know what we forgot!! :(

This, to some extent.

Glorification of the past, more than an effort to be better is whats holding us back.

How the hell is glorification of the past holding us back now?

>HOW DID THE EGYPTIANS BUILD DA PYRAMIDS???
>HOW COULD DEY MOVE ROCKS????
>THEY NO HAVE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IN HISTORY!!!

Ayy lmaos, DUH.

The issue of how the pyramids were built is really interesting, but I don't see how it really affects our lives in any really substantial way.

Not just the pyramids, but almost all of the technological "marvels" (which are pathetic by our standards) of the past are regarded as some sort of wild, earth shattering moment. Yet, things like AI and VR advances in the modern day are forgotten like sunday funnies. Do you really think there is any difference in human ingenuity between then and now?

The Agricultural revolution was just a bunch of people who got tired of constantly moving.

Again, how do some folks drooling at how cool the Antikythera mechanism is affect your life in any way, or discovering what the causes of the Bronze Age Collapse were? No one's denigrating VR and AI in favor of those things, it's just that they're going to take a while to mature after the initial enthusiasm (even though AI has been a fixation of research for about 60 years now).

I'm not the user you were originally responding to, so I don't know exactly what he meant by a glorification of the past.

HOWEVER, there is a great amount of people who glorify THEIR past (the good ol' days, back when I was your age, etc.). Only nerds, LARPers, and muh heritage fags bring up ancient civilizations when making arguments, but they honestly do believe it is a legitimate point.

yo nigga
how were people building crazy shit thousand years ago without modern construction.
like even the taj mahal is 17th century and was built by primitive street shitters. something like that flat out could not be built today in the western world without relying on modern technology. thats it is quite mind boggling.

Ingenuity and tenacity.

Not to mention all of the free time and people at your disposal.

hehe

>and muh heritage fags bring up ancient civilizations when making arguments, but they honestly do believe it is a legitimate point
dumb shit.
timeline a: modern civilization with no understanding of anicent civilizations shit, this is where we at right now
timeline b: modern civilization that knows all the shit ancient civilizations knew, we'd be advanced as fuck. yes.

deal with it

>if only we had the technology to build pyramids we'd be colonizing Mars by now!
Lol

we would be colonizing another dimension, pleb

>Implying we aren't already

I look at you all and I realize. Here you are, day and night, bitter as ever. You never left, you're here, still trying. And you hate it. You hate having to come here. You hate limiting the discussion to fucking books! But that's the stage. It's set. You have to act on it, or not at all. Having fun, are we?

The problem is all this thecnologia make ur (west life )and my (east Europa )life even harder day by day in this fucking agly shity good for nothing world I fucking hate the human race I want it gone as soon as possible i wana kill and Nuke this half of this world !!!!!!

Hackers
Robots
Computers
Smart fhones
Americans
Muslims
Rapers
Nigers
Jews
Turks
Christians

We all fucking pagans humans remember thet we come from nothing

Read Books is dead hubby all ready

I wish all this was gone I wish just mother Russia nuke Amerika and the west in to the air all ready and Iran nuke Israel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus son of god want evrey thing to be free in this world but the fucking jews want us to pay for evreything (the jews win in the end and we paying for evreything makin them even More richer since they are the original subhumans thet control our bankas our mount of mony)

And thet why they ((((globolist zions))))) killed jesus on via dolorosa jerusalim :(

And even now we fight just like old greeks who look at the sky and other look at the fucking cave !!!!

>Burning of Alexandria
>Sack of rome
>Sack of byzantium
Feels bad man

I would have liked to read Julians book in defense of Paganism. Although I guess it didn't get destroyed in some library fire instead Christians just destroyed them all one by one.

Are these "OH MY GOD LET ME BE MOVED BY THE VASTNESS BY OF LOST WISDOM OH MY GOD I AM SO MOVED RIGHT NOW LITERALLY IN TEARS HOLUP LEMME QUOTE BLADE RUNNER" threads just virtue signalling for socially inept pasty dorks who have hardly read more than 400 books anyway? Not even trolling, just curious.

Feel realy bad us East Europian this thread just killed Me :(

And who showed the turks how to siegh My constantinopolis ???

The jews the fucking jews with the fucking vatikan jewish cardinal teamin up with turks and vatikan chatollics subhumans they told the turks there is a place whan the byzantinium gurds take Water :( we can sigh it from there

Who made Europa cristian from pagans ?? the fucking jews who hide now us chatollics fags and control the west

Our pepole never was in rome or outside of rome we was fucking barbarians rus dakia rus goths Celtic tribs

But the fucking jews was inside rome and controlld rome even back then

They get mad whan emperor trajan borned there holy shity place in jerusalim now we pay for it and the fucking jews think it Will be coming from the sky

Why hitler hate jews ??

BcoZ he workd with a jewish aligarch half of his life he try to merry his dotter

But the jew Said no

Also hitler mother was a jew scum to since hitler name is from jewish names

Fuck jews brothers lets team up and borns them all in fire for all the shit they do and still doing

The only Belive thet can stop this subhumans jews is the real old Belive of rome whan katechan was in power of East rome and west rome and we was united like a black strong metal !!!!!

Come home brothers

>greatest libraries
Stop tipping your fucking fedora you r9gaylord.
It was all garbage.
Humanism is the most disgusting ideology to ever exist.

>intellectual poverty
Get the fedora off of your head, /mu/tard

intellectualism is disgusting.

No, and if others didn't we would have. Paganism reduces to 'wow look how fuckin smart and pretty i am im so fucking awsom im better than all thos dumb ugly ppl'

And even now on this fucking good thread this subhumans jews hide and try to manipulatie us to fight eachother to Death :(

They are here guys watch out i can feel this subhumans !!!!!!

You sould not fall for there antihrist tricks !!!!!

I don't think virtue signalling really covers it, it's to a greater degree virtue signalling to oneself in order to reinforce one's fledgling identity.

Keep in mind many young ones lurk here.

>lost to time like sand

goodreads.com/book/show/313011.How_the_Catholic_Church_Built_Western_Civilization

Chapter 3 and 4 will tell you all of the great things that occured in Europe throughout the 5th to 13th century. Chapter 5 will illustrate some from the same period, but more from the latter period leading up to renaissance.

Do you think Thomas Aquinas just wrote his entire Summa Theologiae on the basis of nothing? That he didn't study? If he did study, what could he possibly have studied if such a period was intellectually bankrupt?

>It doesn't matter at all since basis reality, human nature and morals are still the same

So what was the biggest JUST? Baghdad, Alexandria or Aztec/Mayan or maybe something I forgot? I bet you Grecoboos pick Alexandria

I feel like Aztec/Maya works would have been more interesting.