/HPG/: Harry Potter General

/HPG/: Harry Potter General

1. Who is your favorite Harry Potter side-character?

2. What is one part of the story that sticks out in your memory for whatever reason?

3. Which Hogwarts school subject do you think you'd do best in?

4. Are you personally excited for the upcoming school year?

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.bloomsbury.com/uk/fun-stuff/name-generator/
youtube.com/watch?v=gVaD6yFOqSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you will NEVER sit in a train compartment with your qt crush and travel through the British countryside on your way to Hogwarts
>you will NEVER walk around the grounds of Hogwarts on a frosty winter morning with your qt Hermione-esque crush who clutches textbooks to her chest as she walks
>you will NEVER win a game of Quidditch in the pouring rain and run laughing back to the Gryffindor dormitory to shower and get warm and eat hot pumpkin soup in front of the common room fire
>you will NEVER attend a grand feast in the Great Hall with candles hovering overhead and the long tables stuffed with food of every kind
>you will NEVER escape your dreary prole-tier lonely muggle existence to go study at Hogwarts with fellow wizards and witches
>you will NEVER walk along the crowded Hogsmeade highstreet with your pure intelligent girlfriend at Christmas time and press your noses against the glass of each store while stocking up gifts for your family and friends
>you will NEVER lie in your four-poster bed at night in Gryffindor tower and hear the wind howling and the thunder breaking outside and pull the duvet up to your chin for maximum warmth and comfort
>you will NEVER sneak around the corridors of Hogwarts at night on some exciting adventure with your small group of friends in an attempt to solve mysteries and defeat evil plans
>you will NEVER have your qt Hermione-esque gf cry as you hug each other on the train platform at the end of the school year, knowing you are unlikely to see each other until the new school year begins in several weeks' time
>you will never muster the courage to ask your Hermione-esque crush to the Yule Ball and have he react to your blushing and stuttering with a shy smile and a little nod that tells you she would love to

>Who is your favorite Harry Potter side-character?
Let me think. It has to be the big guy with the beard, love him lol
>What is one part of the story that sticks out in your memory for whatever reason?
The one when the big guy hiding the dragon
>Which Hogwarts school subject do you think you'd do best in
None XD
>Are you personally excited for the upcoming school year?
I'm not sure what this means lol

>you will NEVER nervously put on your formal robes in a spare compartment of the Hogwarts Express feeling so out of place and unprepared to be around people who have known about magic their entire lives and many of whom know each other already and feel your heart thudding in your chest as you get on a boat to cross the Great Lake and have the kids around you talk and laugh and have one blonde-haired kid stare at you menacingly the entire time until you step off onto a stone platform and follow Hagrid up a flight of winding stone steps towards the main entrance, where Ms McGonaghal introduces herself and reminds you of procedures and tells you to wait there while you hear the sound of hundreds of people talking and cheering in the Great Hall and feel a tap on your shoulder and see the two people you sat with in the train, Hermione an Ron, who you didn't think liked you that much, standing there and hear Ron say "blimey, we thought you'd fallen in the lake or something" and hear Hermione say "where the heavens did you disappear to? and why do you look as if you've seen a ghost?" and have Peeves the ghost fly in through a wall at that moment and swoop down over the hears of your fellow students-to-be and look up open-mouthed as he performs a loop then dissapears through another wall and have Hermione say quietly "really user, you don't need to worry, I'm sure you'll end up in the right House. I'm sure we both will!" and have her smile and blush a little and avert her eyes as the doors open and Dumbledore shouts for the older students to stand and welcome the new yeargroup

I read Harry Potter when the books came out, but personally I think it's cringey for any adult male to still be a big fan. Women are different and get a pass, only if it's just acceptable yet still a bit cringe-inducing.

>the big guy with the beard
Hagrid! Great choice! :)

>hiding the dragon
Norbert!

1. Malfoy because he's dreamy

>he doesn't intend to cling to the Harry Potter aesthetic his entire life

Pleb.

Luna obviously. I wish I had a girlfriend that was like her or that I WAS her.
The mirror where people can see what they desire, I remember finding that scene to be very melancholic and profound as a kid.
Botany/plant based potion making? idk what that's called in the universe but it's what's inspired my third largest hobby, plant collecting which i've spent nearly 3 thousand dollars on.
What upcoming school year?

Haha so nice you remembered it well! So what are your picks

poop

I don't understand why you hate these children's/YA books so much.
Most people who like them on the internet are teenagers anyway.

The Mirror of Erised (Desire in reverse!)

And Herbology is what I think you're referring to. Please report to Madam Sprout!

Your upcoming school year at Hogwarts of course. You *are* a wizard, right?

I don't understand what you're trying to insinuate here, look at the posts in this thread, they're all positive.
And yes harry potter is a kids book but it's appeal is wide and powerful and adults love it.

>Your upcoming school year at Hogwarts of course. You *are* a wizard, right?
Ouch
I've spent 15 years wishing every night that i'd get an invitation to hogwarts but I never received any ):

I agree with you :)
Harry Potter has brought a light into my life

Be strong and be yourself, I am certain your day will come!

So hard to choose, but my pics are:

1. Ginevra "Ginny" Weasley

2. Harry's bath in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire when Moaning Mytrtle helps him with the egg and he's almost caught by Filch after sneaking back to Gryffindor Tower afterwards.

3. History of Magic.

4. Yes! I'm heading to London early this year to get all my things ready from Diagon Alley and have a week's work experience at the Ministry!

And you never will

When did this meme start on Veeky Forums?
I haven't posted here for about a year but I'm really loving it, it's like I'm on tumblr without all of the bitchiness.

>mfw when Potter and his friends think they can defeat ME

Am I the only one who dislikes Harry Potter despite enjoying the books as a kid? I think it's because I dislike children and especially dislike teenagers. I'm 23 by the way.

reported

OP here. Since this thread has absolutely taken off I would like to invite everybody taking part to do the following for current and future /HPG/ threads:

Make A Name For Yourself!

Invent a suitable wizarding name or create one using the HP name generator: harrypotter.bloomsbury.com/uk/fun-stuff/name-generator/

Sort Yourself Out!

The final two digits of your initial post in these threads dictates which house you belong to:

0 - 2: Gryffindor
3 - 5: Ravenclaw
6 - 7: Hufflepuff
8 - 9: Slytherin

Add this to your namefield on all posts, e.g. Harry Potter (Gryffindor)

Let the magic commence!

Pleb

No. Get fucked.

>not hufflepuff

Rolling

Yass ravenclaw

>Invent a suitable wizarding name or create one using the HP name generator:
It gave me Ptolemy Peakes
>Hufflepuff
Hoping this one

Pardon me! I absolutely will not!

Yeah you are hufflepuff too how awesome

Yay. Remember to tap the barrels outside the common room correctly I was covered in vinegar recently when I was in a hurry and knocked the wrong ones by mistake!

Bunch of fagolas in this thread.

I don't know but it makes the pseuds on this board very angry so I'm glad for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=gVaD6yFOqSU

why

OP here. I'm just brainstorming right now, but should I create four different threads so that each House can have its own thread?

Or should I create several threads each day for each lesson and break period?

Let me know your thoughts!

>Or should I create several threads each day for each lesson and break period?
I like this one the best
Maybe if we find more people we can have the four different threads in the future!

Great idea Ptolemy. We should get everyone sorted first!

this is some high concept shitposting

Thoug it is elaborated -too much i will say- it end ups being a little cheap because of it

Sup bitches.

Harry Potter wouldn't say such a thing

Hello Harry! How's Ginny and the children? Are you still working at the Auror Department?

I hate to point it out but it looks like you entered Slytherin and not Gryffindor in your namefield! I bet there's a Slytherin around here somewhere fooling around with the mageware.

Based poop poster

Fuck you
Frodo Baggings showing up

bump

this thread is epic win