Husband divorced his wife after looking closer at this picture

Husband divorced his wife after looking closer at this picture.

He wouldn't have to look particularly closely

I want to divorce that girl and I don't even know her name

That's a lot of shitty books in one photo

What do you think the wife thinks of the books the husband reads?

That copy of Gone With the Wind actually looks pretty cool.

>implying he didn't rape her out of spite, and then told her he'd kill her if she told anyone

>Who even is this?
>Wow, boring...
>Eww, the author is like, so creepy

My main issue with this picture is the christmas lights. Why people do this? Lighting looks like shit, it's overdone as fuck and those lamps burn by the lot.

For fantasy it's better to watch the movie then to read a book.
People who read fantasy are fucking low IQ goyims.

>implying Dunsany isn't one of the all-time masters of English prose and that his tales aren't both literary and comfy as hell

>raping your wife
Literally impossible

Black man behind the bookcase, found him

Tell that my dad

I not even a feetfag, but those are some ugly ones

>brisingr
whats Veeky Forums's opinion the Eragon series? I read that shit in my preteens it was pretty comfy.

How many editions of Harry Potter does someone need? ffs

>ughh user, why are you reading those boring books all the time? You're so lame!

>(At least) 2 copies of the entire harry potter series
For what fucking purpose?

this

i would never marry a girl like this. i know every girl is "like this", but i mean i would never marry a girl who will regularly spend $20/volume of my money on paperbacks intended for children. I'd rather she spend it on clothes; at least there's a return on investment there.

Perhaps it's too read with her children or nephews or something.

Is it the Minotaur erotica, I'd probably divorce her too

I never read the last book, but I remember liking the series a bit. Even as a kid the plot seemed way too convenient, though. And the world made very little sense. I remember the only thing I really cared about being the qt elf girl that the protag kept failing to get with. I remember losing interest after the third book. Maybe I was getting too old for it, or maybe it was really just shitty enough for my YA obsessed mind to completely disregard it.

Is it because she is a pole?

Her bed or couch looks comfy but why the lights? It seems like it'd be hard to not touch the lights when trying to grab a book.

>burn by the lot.
what does this mean?

It seems it is a book store

The last book was a fucking mess. He makes the bad guy kill himself by making him feel remorse for all the terrible things he had done.

Protag just leaves at the end to never return and doesn't even get with the elf, they don't even fuck.

why? because of all of the books lit consider sub par and inferior?

She can have a taste in books you find questionable and still be a nice/good person anons

ahh shit, you just made me remember that. I was pretty pissed at the ending at the time, but if you've seen the author IRL it explains a lot.

Bed and books Tokyo

Holy shit that sounds awful. I mean, it's obvious to me now that the protag (and author) are absolute cucks, but he still could have given the protag some sense of masculinity. It's kinda sad when your protagonist is the least interesting person in the novel. I feel bad for the king who got cucked by the author in the end though. Having him commit suicide because he suddenly feels bad is the worst ending you could have. The guy gave everything he had to pursue the pure source of magic, and suddenly he wants to sudoku? I don't buy it.

It's a little sad. As if she values the spines of these books more than the pages. Just comes across as really smug and arrogant when anyone with an amazon account and a few bookshelves could achieve the same thing

The irony of your post is that the girl in OP is probably far more judgmental than most of us on Veeky Forums. I could accept a girl that loves YA, but you better believe that she's going to judge you for loving a classic book that she considers pretentious and boring.

Not sure if I understand you, she just values the books as objects to display and not to read, how do you know that? Is she some sort of e-celeb I should have heard about? Smug/arrogant how did you get that from the picture, she is just laying down and reading, she doesnt look particularly smug or obnoxious
Again how do you know she is judgmental or obnoxious? It is only an image unless you know her from youtube or real life or something how can you know what she acts/thinks? True her shelf lacks any of the so called classics but that doesn't mean she doesn't have them on an e-reader or that she'd shit on you for liking them., which is what you are doing, pre-judging her before she apparently does the same to you

I said "probably," not that she definitely is. My experience with women like the one in the OP is that they are generally very judgmental when it comes to books. Their opinions on literature are completely different from you and I. They like good stories, not good writing. And that's perfectly fine, but let's not pretend that it isn't true. The only classics she is going to have on her e-reader is something that she was forced to read for one of her community college literature classes, which is only still on there because she forgot to delete it.

I've personally dated a girl similar to this. I asked her if she had read any Virginia Woolf while she was in my bedroom and I had a copy of The Waves in my hand, and she gave me the strangest look.

>women pretending to read

Makes me laugh everytime desu

Christmas Lights are everything.

well, I don't know about christmas lights, but there are a lot of chain lights on the market specifically for this purpose. I mean, there are some nice ones with like... leaves? Bleached leaves? Anyway, they are nice, if you have something worth putting lights on.

Okay user I spent two minutes looking for the IJ copy just tell me where it is.

and the irony is that you just proved yourself to be as judgmental as you supposed her to be, your old girlfriend isn't proof that all girls of 'her' sort are alike.

So judgmental, snooty, elitist, looking down your noses at everyone, any wonder why your girlfriend gave you a funny look, or is that the moment you broke as a human being?

Maybe you shouldn't try to judge people based solely on 1photograph

They're not hot to touch.

Again: it is from a bookstore
Do the image search

i just wish my gf would read more. I feel like I'm not able to have any conversations about literature with her because she's one of those "I never read" types

The irony of your post is that you're being at least 10 times as judgmental to me as I was to the girl in OP. You also missed my point entirely: i never said that ALL YA obsessed girls are like that, just that a large number of them are. And I can tell you now that having two sets of harry potter books and christmas lights in the background gives me a very high chance of being right. I'd even bet good money on it.

>Projecting
Don't just say what I said back at you.

You looked and judged that lady, at least I had your writing to judge you off, all you needed was a picture.

Look just admit your biased/frightened by women who like tor read, I'm sure someone hurt you to make you like this, possibly a woman but don't take that out on a anonymous, internet female.

>white knighting this hard for a girl you don't even know
Everybody looks at someone and judges them, it's human nature. At least I don't pretend that I'm above that in an effort to defend some random girl on the internet. Also, have you ever heard the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words?" You can tell a lot about someone from just one picture.

I'm also not sure how I could possibly be frightened by an average female who likes to read YA. I don't even mind girls that like YA, but I definitely don't pretend that they're some hidden literary genius who just enjoys a good story. If you've ever visited goodreads you will know what the average female YA reader thinks about classic literature and people who read it. And again, are all women like that? No, but we can get a general idea of the average.

>>white knighting this hard for a girl you don't even know
>bitching, insulting, judging a girl you don't even know and devoting this much effort to it as well
>judging all women like this based off their image and goodreads reviews, letting it inform your opinion of women in general
Right?

You sure are one dense motherfucker.

Your failed attempts at signalling are so obvious, Veeky Forums. True patricians just smile at what 100 IQ brainlets read. It's only because you're so insecure about your 110 that you have to furrow your brows through trash like Infinite Jest.

Only the middle class buys expensive cars and clothes and shits on how the poors dress. Note that the really wealthy are also the least snobbish.

Cant stand to be shown as a woman hating he-man who thinks women should be in the kitchen or having children instead ofreading YA?

You know your losing the arguments online when you have to stoop to swearing you know that don't you?

I get it, that image of a woman enjoying herself with a book triggered you, get over it

Reading in poor light is bad for your eyes~

>She can have a taste in books you find questionable and still be a nice/good person anons
But there are thousands of girls with better taste that are also nice/good person.

loving someone isn't about how many boxes they check off on your waifu list, you know.

dont ~ me, skank