Just got this as a present for a friend. Anyone interested in seeing a specific chapter?

Just got this as a present for a friend. Anyone interested in seeing a specific chapter?

[Spoiler]It's actually pretty good. Penelope was a letdown, though.[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_de_Dokuha
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just scan the whole thing please

this pic was the only screenshot I can find online. The cringely anime dialogue and the over prettified characters (That's not a very plump Buck Mulligan) make this seem hilarious.

I'm working on a few chapters now, and i'll post them later. Some parts are definitely funny. And some parts are emotionally touching. They did a great job with Dedalus.

>doesnt show buck mulligan's cock as clearly implied in the original
i mean they could have at least put a pixelation down there if they were worried about censors

Cool thanks for sharing. I want to ask in advance if they do anything stylistically to reflect the novel's changing styles, or if it's all pretty straightforward.

They did in proteus, and they do subtle things every now and then. But it's mostly straightforward, which is understandable.

Just tell me if the first page of the comic has the fall of man thunder onomatopoeia. If it doesn't, trash it.

poseur get out of Veeky Forums

tfw this is real

Pseuding this hard

It's part of a whole series of manga adaptations of classic lit, user.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_de_Dokuha
Only a few have English translations and OP is one of them.

>I can't appreciate a humorous post

It may not have been this series but all the weebs in high school loved the Odyssey manga. They unsurprisingly had the worst reading scores of almost all the students, even the gangbanger black kids did better.

Here's the first few pages of Proteus. The last few are bad quality pics, so I'll get better ones when I get home from the gym.

Why must weeaboo's ruin everything?

>'
t. brainlet

>ruin
Nigger it's not like the original Ulysses is destroyed forever now. If this comic helps kids want to read more then what's the problem, and if not then whatever.

>helps kids want to read more then what's the problem

They're not going to be reading some shitty, old boring book from the 1800's. They're going to be reading some type of YA fiction or some comic book and you know it.

The explicit purpose of this manga collection is to introduce people to the classics. It says it in the back. It's pretty good for a manga, don't be such a pseud about it.

I didn't expect the authors of manga to alter the text. I didn't exect anything though.

I like that this thing exists though.

Can we get an animeish drawing of Joyce himself?

Stephen may as well be Joyce

I saw this in my B&N and wanted to burn the store down

>entering barnes et noble

Yeah, but I want him with his usual mustache, glasses and hat.

I could draw it myself some time

In my anecdotal experience, the intention may be to help people transition but they don't. They're reading it for the manga part and not the classic part.

I've also got one.

Im that case they're not going to be reading Ulysses anyways. At least with this they become familiar with the story, and MIGHT read it in the future, where they otherwise would not at all.

m8 you've got the wrong book

Oh yeah. Shit. Guess I'm retarded after all.

No :)

>achieves the same goals as the original but without 5 billion obscure references bogging it down

Why do people hate this?

Here's the rest of proteus.

Nausicaa

will he masturbate?

Of course

This is all moving very fast. If I were the writer I would have added some of the backstory inner monologue stuff to this. But I guess they couldn't make it too long. How many pages are there?

lol he's really gonna do it

Only 384 pages. They add that for some chapters, but cut back on a lot of them.

Oops

>come watch them with us

I've got a 20% discount across the whole store, sometimes it's cheaper than amazon

>I'm so fucked up...

You know, when I first was reading Ulysses, I got to the part where he jerked off on the beach and thought "this would make a really good manga"

>being this delusional
Nigga, people who know Joyce would never read this nonsense, and people who haven't heard of him would pick a completely different title than this shit.

Joyce is my favorite writer and I still read it. Lighten up and learn to enjoy things in life, user. These aren't meant to be taken seriously, but at least they remain faithful to the series and sincerely try to adapt the book to a different medium.

If anyone wants to see a specific chapter let me know. Sending it out to my friend in the morning.

lol

holy fuck they ruined ch3
>stephen believing he will meet his mom in heaven

kek

ulysses is from 1922