What's your book about, user?

What's your book about, user?

which one?

Its about a telephone conversation that becomes increasingly convoluted as the various people involved demand to speak to others in opposing parties if that makes sense. It starts with a man calling the call center of mid level pharmaceutical company and spirals out from there. I have no goal other than 1. Making it very funny and 2. Ranting against healthcare/doctors/big pharma. It's personal

This honestly sounds hilarious. You better actual start and finish this book user, I'm holding you to it.

Kid who takes off a year from college to be a music journalist. Surfs couches and gets involved with different scenes only to find out how vain and insecure almost all scene goers are and ends up hating ego and vanity in music.

A 50,000 word answer to the question "what if people had waifus in late 19th century London?"

what would be the short answer?

Faggots

Three New York City kids and a Japanese pop star are guided through an urban manifestation of the Inferno-as-collective-unconscious by Dante Alighieri

Meant to reply to OP

I second this user. Get to it.

I posted this on /b/ for some reason...
I have a book idea, so hear me out.
My story would revolve around five or so main characters who are given powers by different gods from different regions of the world (Nordic, Asian, etc.) who were weakened by a demon named Malthrof (original name, I'll probably change it.) who has taken powers from God himself (many changes will happen) to try and fuck up the human timeline into his own twisted world (think apocalyptic.). It would feature things like time travel and multiple universes and stuff like that. If I were to make this a thing, would you guys read it? Also can I get just general feedback on my ideas for it? Thanks!

Is it a YA novel? Also, why mix monotheistic and polytheistic worlds? Seems messy af.

it's about an unhappy man. The story gets more surreal as it progresses.

A scientist uploads his brain into a computer then ends up wiping out most of humanity in a ego filed rage and then has to live out eternity alone and regretful.

Why should the audience care about your main character? Who do you expect your audience to be? Or is your goal the useless approval of Veeky Forums browsers?

I wrote the plot outline of a novel like this a few years back. Though the scientist was being punished for something I cant remember, and was being sentenced to work as a satellite/way-station/observatory. The universe around him undergoes a biological attack that resembles cells being destroyed by cancerous growths. The people on the observatory watch with him as the earth is destroyed, then he watches as their lives unfold into chaos, and, after trying everything to do something to save these people and himself, he gives up hope for thousands of years. But the remainder of the book then turns into an affirmation of life, or of the will, as he begins to realise that life flourish in inanimate objects. It finished with some italicised prose poem that obscurely suggested something on earth was pulling the satelite down, and at the last moment he notices life all around him.

Once I worked out that plot I started feeling better and decided to get on with my life, though.

my second series: first book is 1/4 done

Premise:
In 2086, a UFO appears instantaneously just outside Earth's atmosphere. It crash lands in Central Park Manhattan. upon being surrounded, the airlock opens and and a man steps out of the ship with long unkept beard and hair (like a castaway). The man falls to his knees, screams in agony and collapses dead on the spot.
2131: due to the reverse engineering of the technology on the ship, the earth no longer has an energy crisis and mankind now has the resources to explore space and utilize discovered wormholes to search out other planets capable of being colonized. Long distance probes return from the wormholes reporting extensive coverage of 9 habitable and accommodating planets for colonization.
2144: after studying the information from the probes, an initiative is created to send 9 shuttles through the wormholes to start colonization.
2156: the shuttles are ready to leave:

The main story follows brothers Joseph and Adrian Thompson and four other selected gifted and trained young adults (ages 21-25) as they battle against 3 other groups in contests of wits and science to be selected as the engineering group who will be responsible for manning the "RIG" a floating repair and monitoring station that will ultimately follow each of the shuttles to their destinations and ensure each arrives safely at their destination.

the genre is hard science fiction and the story is not teen or YA. The candidates have to be young so that they're still physically capable of performing their grueling duties across the 20 year mission.

Plot twists involve:
The backgrounds and skeletons in the closets of the other candidates, the rumored "militarized" ship to follow, and the intentions and motivations of the candidates older mentor who is being "put out to pasture" and will ultimately be their superior for the duration of their travels.

Tldr:
interstellar
MEETS
Hard scifi of The Martian
MEETS
the character process of Walter white to Heisenberg, (from Breaking Bad)
MEETS
The armor of DEAD SPACE
MEETS
The man vs nature vs nemesis of Moby Dick
MEETS
"wheel of time" scale project

You better post that here

Thanks. I am stealing these ideas for my own books.
I already published three books so that makes it easy.

oh my...

Percy Jackson 2.0

If you're married, is it wrong to flub a ghost?

Did he get to heaven? Afterlife?

no you won't you stupid frog

Seven Samurai-esque character study about a group of mercenaries hired to kill a feral giant attacking a remote village.
As the story progresses the town itself becomes more and more character-like as the individual characters struggle with their own ambition and relationships within the group. The power-balance of the crew's hierarchy becomes central to their struggle - all the while the giant looms in the background as an overarching threat.

I had this weird urge where I hoped a wild predator mounted and raped you the second you were done typing this

Me desu

A case study Freud did but lost in his desk drawer and never bothered to publish

Heh, j-jokes on you nerd, I was never going to actually get off Veeky Forums and go write something!!

meant to quote

Find a way.

The movie Frank already did this but much better

also
>who the fuck wants to read about that

It's about a neurotic air-conditioning repairman with an identity disorder who makes a deal with the devil in order to capture the heart of a UPS driver. As he's about to seal the deal, another devil shows up and tries to cut him a better deal. This shortly spirals out of control. It's probably going to be shit so I doubt I'll ever actually publish it but I'm quite fond of the concept.

the lost war against yahwh.
the true history of earth and the evacuation of atlantis.
pic related.

Also stealing this idea by the way

I'm not scared. Thanks, though. If you ever publish it, could you put the name Cal somewhere in there? I'd appreciate it. I won't sue. I probably would never finish it anyway.

Not sure what audience I would like desu
I thought about mixing and d coded that I would have the character travel around the world which would involve the different deities
Oh my what?

this has the potential to be utterly hilarious.

Thanks. I originally intended it to be a screenplay, but I can't write screenplays for shit. Rest assured I wont release it until it's fully ready. The other user who said he's gonna steal it is probably going to post it on his shitty amazon account so I'm not too worried about competition.

In my book, everybody is in fact just the personification of a world war 2 tank/plane/gun and the school is world war two, except it's mentioned nowhere and doesn't allude to that whatsoever.

A pair of beta males arguing on Veeky Forums. Imagine the narrative has Vox's intimacy and Rant's time bending, but the characters are NEETs.

fuck you

UPS here. If you don't feature the GODLY THIGHS each and every one of us have earned I will not be giving you my money.

It is a parody of Don Quixote, in which the main protagonist reads too many christian books and turns into a believer. He observes sin and denegeracy everywhere, and whenever something doesn't fit into his ideal he will think in a way to explain it with the bible in mind.
Is the kind of book that writes itself, but probably it will be a short story.