What was this board's consensus on free will again? I forgot

What was this board's consensus on free will again? I forgot.

what was /pol/'s consensus on jews who attack christianity again? i forgot

The fact that the soul exists proves that free will exists.
The exact mechanism of free will is a mystery that God has hidden from us but it's within the soul so there's literally nothing you can do to refute free will.
Any attempt to do so is blasphemous.

>soul exists
>fact
Oh boy. We're gonna need a bigger fish.

Veeky Forums is socially compatibilist but metaphysically incompatibilist.

At the social level, determinism and free will coincide, and it's part of our mission as human beings to make people and ourselves as free as possible. At the metaphysical level, we are completely primordially free in a way we can't understand (either yet or at all).

it depends on what interpretation of free will you are talking about.

The movie with the whale

it's a spook and a reddit one at that.

/thread

check the archive

I have it. You other plebs are too limited to have it.

>At the metaphysical level, we are completely primordially free in a way we can't understand (either yet or at all).
what did you mean by this?

what about me? Am I as cool enough to have it and at least choose to brown-nose great men like you?

You can kill yourself. That's ultimate free will. Every other living being is enslaved to its instincts. We're not. And we perservere, in spite of the grueling suffering we'll endure, because of virtue.

Veeky Forums is a catholic board, you can guess our stance from there

>because of virtue

No, because we don't have free will. If we had free will we would stop fucking altogether. The fact that sex is a thing is a total refutation of free will. We enjoy this grotesque merging of extraneous physical parts and why? Because it will make more people. By doing it we wont be conquering the ego but perfectly fulfilling its goal, self-perpetuation in the absence of a justifying telos.

you mean the one i made with your mother?

threading your own post is bad form my friend

>Cartesian dualism
>2017
c'mon guy

It's a hodgepodge of beliefs and rationalizations based on Dennett and Dawkins.

Descartes and everyone after him was a mistake.

The eye that sees the worlds has free will.