I'm 53, I'm not a gamer, I'm not the right demographic for who this book is aimed at...

I'm 53, I'm not a gamer, I'm not the right demographic for who this book is aimed at, but it's so good I don't want to finish it. I've got 62 pages left so I'm pacing myself - I urge you, if you havent read it, you should. And even better I just saw the post about Spielberg making a film!

>"Willy Wonka meets The Matrix"

I guess keeping the "faints with pleasure" would make it insultingly obvious.

How is this shit different to Ulysses, except for the fact that references in Ulysses are more high-brow?

So, what is the point of this book? I'm too patrician to waste my time reading it, but i could use some review ala Veeky Forums

It's the equivalent of a 3 a.m. kebab after a night out. Satisfying in the very short term but painful afterwards.

Obvious b8 but made me think so here's a (you)

Ogden Morrow here.

My virtual reality world is in danger of being co-opted by a bunch of murderous corporate tycoons who will ruin it, which is something the founder James Halliday would ABSOLUTELY NEVER WANT TO HAPPEN.

Rather than actively assist in preventing this, I will let some NEET virgin from a trailer try and stop them, despite the fact that he and his friends are being actively hunted by this corporation for assassination.

I have a plan though. Rather than using my epic mod powers to help Parzival, as I did when I saved him and Art3mis that one time, I will unrealistically fly them all out to my mansion for the most epix goggles and haptic gloves, which is surely of more use to them than my god tier in game ability.

And lastly, I can confirm that I absolutely did not molest Aech in my garden. Never trust somebody who lies about their race.

It's only satisfying in the short term if you're a retard.

I will just watch the movie.

>Hip To Be Square starts playing.

it's the twilight of middle aged gamers.

What a shill.

What happened? What went wrong?

Wow this is some new kind of shitposting.

>people who say they're pacing themselves

That's really cute but I don't understood this logic. It's like they can't accept the book will end, or is, in fact, actually just a book.

If that original post wasn't a troll then this guy is a serious man child. Nay, a man teenage girl.

It is flattering that the Veeky Forums bait is less easy to discern.

It's fucking dogshit.

I'm 52,and found it akin to masterbating:self indulgent pleasure with a tinge of self embarrassed guilt after it was finished. I "got" most of the references,even played Tomb of Horrors and Joust,but ultimately it wasn't enough there to recommend to anyone else.

OP may be b8ing but there are people who would say this unironically. I don't want to be around them.

He'll turn it into a masterpiece
Stupid shit like this is perfect for the Berg
Jaws for example. Retard idea. Trash novel. Haunting, exhilarating, ambiguously allegorical blockbuster masterpiece film.

If RPO were realistic half of OASIS would be covered in swastikas and /pol/ Jew memes. I personally cannot wait until Veeky Forums is VR and we get to see what antics people get up to.

>Satashi, I heard about your mother.
>Yes, the kikes got him.

Ulysses is very much about the pacing of time, the human perception of time, and its ephemeral nature, and it's very aesthetically ambitious; Ready Player One seems like a retro-gaming circlejerk that panders to the modern nerd. At least based on the page someone posted here like a year ago.

It is a really apt description desu.

Ulysses is sentimental garbage, too.

DAE remember arcade games, 80s movies, Nintendo, pop culture, being a kid??