Why does plato.stanford have, in multiple pages...

Why does plato.stanford have, in multiple pages, these retarded typos that they make once and then keep repeating all throughout the article? Is it some kind of elaborate troll?

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/fatalism/
plato.stanford.edu/entries/incompatibilism-arguments/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the FUCK did they mean by this?

plato.stanford.edu/entries/fatalism/
plato.stanford.edu/entries/incompatibilism-arguments/

Premise can also be spelled premiss. That's not a typo.

what about the iff shit?
dont tell me thats legitimate too

I don't know what it is but it's probably legitimate.

If and only if, maybe?

yes
yes
brainlet

ffuck
m-maybe i should just delete this thread...

I wouldn't care if it were actual spelling errors

what the fug

lmao /it/ fags don't know about iff

You've never opened your calculus textbook?

I seriously hope he's trolling.

No wonder so many people here think philosophy is useless.

I'm done with this board. Reddit is better.

FUCK OFF I NEVER GOT TO GO TO UNIVERSITY YOu F̟̪̯̪̫̩U͝C̪̕K̢̺̬IN͔̪̪͍̰͢G̩͉̫͝ ̛͕̖̤B̬͓͖̝̯̰ͅO̝͇̺̙͙͝ͅu̙̜̟̘̫͇͈U̩̖̱͚̰̦ͅU̙̖R͡r̵̖G̰Ḛ̖̞O͍͉̺̼̬̦̫I̬̭͇̳̘S̖͚͔͎͍̝͎͟ ̘̰̟P̝̱̩̠̟͜Ro̭̣̺̖̕I̶ͅC̯̺k̴̭̪͙͖̥͕S̫

I mean you could just read a book about logic or w/e. Kind of weird of you to try and read philosophy without even a rudimentary grasp of formal logic. I never went to Uni and I know what iff meant.

Doesn't really strike me as weird user. The articles on there are pretty easy to follow and I can pick up the terminology as I go along. Don't condescend to me again or I'll take you to the lice torture chambers.

embarrassing thread

I'm not , I'm I'm surprised you didn't know that regardless of whether you studies any philosophy or mathematics or logic at the college level (iff is not college level). I am surprised that anyone with any interest in philosophy wasn't intellectually inclined enough to SOMEHOW have gotten familiar with the concept of iff. It appears everywhere and I knew what it meant in high school, how bad were you at math exactly?

Make sure Veeky Forums doesn't see this, they look down at you guys enough already.

>the terminology
Iff is more than a "terminology", see 's pic.

This is beyond appalling OP, I hope you feel ashamed of yourself.

I struggled with maths since I was a little kid. Apparently my tutor said when I put the effort in I soared, but I could never concentrate very well and I still count simple sums with my fingers. I saw murricans talking about calculus all over the internet since an early age and I still don't know what the fuck it is.
I was in the second lowest level maths classes from Year 10 (aus) onward.

No doubt. I'm aware that reading philosophy with a poor understanding of the words used leads to poor readings. At the same time, I'm already starting with the Greeks and reading basic philosophy, but I'm avoiding falling for memes too hard. To preserve my interest, I suppose, I'm approaching the field with a level of insouiance, trying to read things I'm interested in and pad out my knowledge intuitively and over a broad spread of time, rather than following a strict routine.

Sorry.

>Apparently my tutor said when I put the effort in I soared

Huh, I've never heard that before.

Hey, be kind. I'm being vulnerable before you. If it's any excuse, I was receiving the tuition during the early onset of my OCD. It was horrific.

Pfftt sorry user.

Just unusual for a guy to be so mad at math.

all is forgiven... iff you let this thread die and spare me more embarassment ;)

I luaghed so hard. Thank you