Has anyone else reached the point where they still read for pleasure but are no longer in awe of books?

Has anyone else reached the point where they still read for pleasure but are no longer in awe of books?

It took me ten years to realize that all literature is, in the end, just entertainment, and a distraction from life in excess.

total opposite, really

Same desu

Indeed. The more you read, the more you are able to appreciate the greatness of great books. OP's problem is mainly caused by the meme that every book you read has to be some groundbreaking existential experience.

Give it another ten years and the cycle will be complete

Nah, I can still feel elation if I am concious of a book REALLY MAKING ME THINK. I cant explain why, but it almost feels mechanical, I know it sounds edgy but the gears turning and clanking are a pleasure.

That is the correct answer. My expectations are more measured now but I still regard it as the best source of knowledge.

Is that "realization" a feeling of yours or something or can you back it up with rational argument?

What books Do you read?

I've come to that realization after about 1 month in of reading.
It's just entertainment, nothing to be proud of.

Once you have a good grasp of a broad range of thinkers (i.e. an education), experience is the best teacher.

its not if you frame it the right way, reading by the window as its raining and you're all alone is an amazing experience.

wtf are you reading?
>reading for pleasure
oh

I read non fiction but it's a pleasure for me

Perhaps it's your cue to write.

I am really turned off by contemporary literature due to the fact so many authors are attention-whoring anti-Drumpf and pro "Love & Kindness" (TM) cucks

When reading non-fiction and especially topics of a specific vein, the content is naturally so referential that the more you read, and the more you understand the influences playing into the hand of a chosen subject, the more weight every proceeding piece will carry, and the more weight the pieces before will carry when you go back to read them with more acquired knowledge. So, to the contrary, literature carries more profundity for me as time goes on.

Perhaps you should put down your storybooks.

>contemporary literature
back to r/books you go!

The more you read, the more you know is all about illusio.

Unless you never step on

>reading for pleasure

Why don't you just watch tv pleb

Is Kant a pleb then?

I had this experience about a year ago that I can only describe as "becoming literate" - I finally read enough to reach this critical density of understanding that has worked to light up everything I've read subsequently in a way that I never experienced before. Since then, reading has actually been deeply enjoyable, such that I don't have to deal with the internal struggle of forcing myself to read literature anymore. It just happens.

Highly recommended.

>It took me ten years to realize that all literature is, in the end, just entertainment, and a distraction from life in excess.
This is true. Glad you can admit it.

no