I want to become a better writer; how do I suffer more?

I want to become a better writer; how do I suffer more?

go experiment with drugs until you find the one you're addicted to

Correlation=causation?
You wil. Just let time pass

Hmmm, im no so sure about that, friend.

ok fine, just sit around and continue playing video games and doing nothing. I'm sure you'll suffer and become an interesting person by doing and risking nothing.

>implying I play video games like some kissless virgin
>implying consiming drugs makes you interesting

Be born an ugly manlet so you may constantly and fruitlessly rail against the ineluctable modality of being

>I want to become a better writer; how do I suffer more?
Infect yourself with AIDS.

(Shouldn't be too hard for an OP who's a fag.)

Read Kierkegaard. Exile yourself from the woman you love.

No, no, he's right.
You can't write pain until you see it. Watch a kid shoot heroin on new year's eve. Find out he was in a coma for a year and died only a few years later. Become best friends with a junkie, then watch him burn his brain out. Sit around with your friends, crying, remembering the guy who is still alive, but died years ago. Miss him. Sit in the dark, alone, with a bottle of vodka and fantasize about not just killing yourself, but destroying your self. Utterly and without mercy. Smile and go through the motions, but feel that itching in your teeth- that creeping, nameless feeling that you're dirty. That your soul is filthy. That you can't be saved. Go outside at night, lay on the grass and watch the stars. Pretend you don't have a body.

Get this tumblr faggotry off my board

>Sadness is inherently interesting

Everyone knows sad shit is out there. I don't give a fuck about what's happened to you or your friends, nobody does, or at least we don't wanna read about it, might give you a quarter or two if you asked. People read because they're looking for a mirror. Describing circumstances is for pictures. Stories are supposed to show us something about the human condition (as in our condition) that we haven't paid enough mind. Scratch the itch of a sort of instinctual feeling to bond with characters.

Being interesting makes you interesting. If pain made people interesting then junkies wouldn't fucking suck at conversation and people wouldn't stop cutting after 12 years old.

Good post

>Go to 'diverse' area
>Pretend to have tourettes
>Start yelling all kind of racial slurs

Life will be suffering, but it will make you a better writer.

Projecting much, laddie?

Waste your youth being a NEET and watching anime.

My sister killed herself and it did nothing to make me a better writer. It just made me depressed.

You know what made me a better writing? Writing.

Actually, you know what -- I think it was getting in constant arguments with internet strangers because I was a rage filled adolescent. I had to come off pseud, so I improved my vocabulary and practiced the art of argumentativeness, so I could look smarter than the person on the other side of the monitor. That has taken me a long ways in academic writing, though storytelling is another beast entirely.

Yes. I'm going to write great literature utilizing this pain

my point was suffering is somehow romantisized later, because everyone wants what suffering gets you, which is sometimes becoming a much better, much more interesting person.

I suggest getting addicted to drugs if you want to suffer, and your reaction is, "no way buddy, fuck that, that sounds like suffering!"

Well, there you go. Get the stupid romantic notions out of your head.

thread

There are other ways to suffer, you absolutist faggot.

Ruin your life with alcohol and drive your friends and loved ones away, it's the only way.

Yeah, exactly. You're looking for the easiest way to suffer, and hoping it will somehow make you into a superman.

Oh god you must be young. Lol. Just wait. Pain and suffering will find you. And when it does it won't be "enlightening." If it is, it isn't pain. What it will do is unmask you. It will trash all your ideals. All your reason and beauty. Until all that's left is a stupid brutal selfish beast. A hypocrite of titanic proportions. Then when it's all too late to take it all back. To regain innocence or freshness or health or youth. Then you'll get wisdom.

I'd call this cynical if it hadn't already happened. ;(

>How do I suffer more?

What the hell are you doing, OP? How can anyone be so confused?

you should have been a special ed class. I was in a special ed class and it fucked me up for life.

Fall in love. Break up with her. Write about it.

>implying

Every artist must suffer.

Keep trying to be a better writer

Download a whole bunch of CP from your home Internet connection and wait for the van to arrive, you will suffer plenty.