Why were the ancient Greek so hung up on mathematics and geometry? Did they fall for the STEM meme?

Why were the ancient Greek so hung up on mathematics and geometry? Did they fall for the STEM meme?

you are the meme here

Please explain.

/g/ are hung up on procedure oriented programming
Veeky Forums are hung up on single variable calculus
Veeky Forums are hung up on the Greek

The difference between them and you is that they actually struggle while you comfort yourself with hubris and self pity. Anything you do in life is just a cowardly escape from your responsibilities.

>Project much?
Yes. I got some bad grades on a couple of my engineering exams and came here for comfort. Now I recent you.

there is nothing higher than Geometry

>browsing /g/

Remember when /b/ was still good?

I went looking for a place to waste some time, but it seems as if everyone here is either undergrad students of children.

*or children.

>/reddit/

That's what you get for choosing a low-tier academical field.

We need more geometry and theology.

As alternative to what? Self pity?

▲▲

The Greeks inherited much of the ancient Egyptian system of magic, which knew the secrets of cosmic geometry. Unfortunately the Greeks fixated on the external trappings of the system and went down the rationality rabbit hole, losing sight of the original purpose of the geometric formulas, which was attaining wisdom/spiritual perfection.

I would rather chop off my clit than date a mathematician

I'm sure most mathematicians would rather it happen that way, too.

Excellent point. I always wonder "how much" has truly been lost to history.

I believe Kenneth Grant has done the best job of putting the pieces together through the scant evidence available through a myriad of sources across space and time, a keenly developed intuition through mastery of the occult arts, and sheer insanity.

His works are understandably rather inaccessible to the normie mind.

I'd rather not have a mathlete bf thanks

You would be disappointed to realize that the pyramids are just giant piles of stone. The size is what makes them impressive.

The old Cathedrals in Europe are some of the most impressive constructions ever built, but still they only require what is now considered elementary knowledge in mathematics and mechanics. The people that maintain the cathedrals today are still only stone masons, and not engineers.

It is very easy to create symmetry in giant constructions. By close inspection both the pyramids and the cathedrals have quirks and errors all over.

Pascal makes the argument that you will find the truth from intuition. That the truth rests within you, as if it can be reached by searching within yourself and not examining the external world that surrounds you. From modern neuroscience we know how the brain reconstructs our perception of reality from the signaling received from our peripheral nervous system. It is proven, without doubt, thus there are no fundamental difference from what we experience, and what we would experience in the Matrix. For instance, color is not a property of the external world, but something constructed in your brain, so is most of your experiences, regardless of if we live in a simulated reality or not, there is no principal difference anymore.

This gives merit to the old religions, as there is no required knowledge to have these forms of revelations. What you need is a language to communicate it. Other-vice it will all be forgotten. But still, it is difficult to discriminate between truth you find within yourself, and psychological drifts, call it inner programming, that makes any human gravitate towards certain ideas.

Mysticism is not a blind road. But to believe that there ever existed such a science if just fantasy. OP.

Why are you so fixated on that? If your life is a mess then nobody will want you regardless of your interests. The idea that you will find someone as lost as you, and that you will accept each others shortcomings are just fantasy. In such a reality you could all meat up with each other, but you don't want that.

Oh wow, another intellect completely lacking in the direct experience of wisdom. Please do go on.

I'm not proficient in English. Do you want me to go on, or was that just an ironic statement?

are you schizophrenic? what?

Yes. How is that relevant?

No, I'm sure you have nothing interesting to say about the subject of wisdom in any language.

This this thread was made as a joke on you for being pretentious cunts. And here you are with no substance or any arguments on your own. Just condescending rejections of my ideas.

You don't have to read Plato to understand an idea. There's no required knowledge to understand an argument.

What a stupid way to ask a question that could have been interesting to read. A usual, OP is a

Ok, the Pyramids are just a gigantic pile of stone. Mind blown. You win the internet.

>what we would experience in the Matrix
Holy! tell me more

It is not intended to be interesting. It's just a mockery of you for romanticizing Greek philosophy while rejecting a principal part of it because you think math is hard. Then you pat yourselves on the backs for giving up on degrees in science or engendering, because for you responsibility is just a distraction.

>I'm a shitposter that thinks I'm superior intellect

I am an engineer who fixes cathedrals for a living and you are a retard.

If you don't read my rant in the context of the post I responded to then fuck you both.

This:
>The Greeks inherited much of the ancient Egyptian system of magic, which knew the secrets of cosmic geometry. Unfortunately the Greeks fixated on the external trappings of the system and went down the rationality rabbit hole, losing sight of the original purpose of the geometric formulas, which was attaining wisdom/spiritual perfection.
Is not intelligent.

Whatever my shit is, I don't care.
>I'm a shitposter
Correct. And you participate in a book club that derives from /b/.

Seriously, please tell us more about the Matrix.

Do you have anything to say yourself?

>I speak from authority
I don't care.

It's not a logical fallacy when the authority in question actually *IS* an authority. You shouldn't even have to go beyond 101 to know that.

You are an anonymous poster on the internet.

I already answered the OP in another post. I just wish I could understand the subtleties of the Matrix as well as Veeky Forums does.

That's what shitposters think.

>That's what shitposters think.
And they are correct.

gotta be right sometimes, am I right?

I don't think math is very hard, I have a degree in Econ. I'm far from a mathematician, but took three calc courses and linear algebra. It's a fun hobby, but there are much more direct paths to true wisdom to be found in life. And the scientism/rationality trap many STEMmies fall into is soul destroying--literally a waste of a life denied of gnosis.

Mathematics is the most objective, most rational language man has. Just like other forms of pure thought exercise, mathematical thinking has the power to uncover universal truth via pure abstraction. Also, the ancient Greek philosophers were ultimately attempting to understand the universe, and, in a sense, many of them were essentially primitive physicists or engineers (like Archimedes, Heraclitus, or Lucretius).

I'm certainly no expert, but this is my point of view on the matter.

You never took a real math course