I want to ask for a recommendation...

I want to ask for a recommendation. I don't read many self-help books but I was wondering if any of you stop caring what other people think, after reading a book?

I realised when I was in town a week ago, drinking a coffee, and my hands were shaking from the thought someone could see me drinking a coffee alone, that I need to change this.

I have no trouble with people once I know them, but this anxiety of being judged by others just takes me over. I can't go outside unless I look and smell my best and I constantly worry about my appearance and speech.

I don't want to care anymore. So, any recommendations?

Weirdly enough, The Sun Also Rises did that for me.

That sort of feeling started to come back recently after a break up. I was shitting on myself a lot, re-read it and for some reason reading about a chill ass dude with no dick always gets my head right. Maybe its a "hey! could be worse!" kind of thing.

Ahh damn, that might not work for me cause I already don't have a dick

Go out in your sweats without showering/doing your hair and realize no one even notices.

If you are a girl ignore my advice () we don't want to see you like that.

My particular cocktail was Myth of Sisyphus>Spinoza's Ethics>Kierkegaard's Concept of Anxiety and several grams of psilocybe. Essentially I convinced myself that I'm just another schmuck and my more noticeable idiosyncrasies have their counterpart in everyone else, or to put it more simply, everyone is just as fucked up as you are so fuhgeddaboudit.

Read The Meditations and realize how pointless is it to care.

Start by posting your tits for us.

Sun Also Rises might still work if you focus on Brett. Bad bitch, takes what she wants, but also doesn't care much about societal expectations.

u have to admit ops pic does give a little feeling of sadness that hitler didn't win, the world could have been so comfy

It would probably be pretty much the same just with white people instead of the full rainbow.

nihilism

I remember being this way in highschool. One day our water was cut off (my dad forgot to pay the water bill, or couldn't) and I refused to go to school because I wasn't able to take a shower that morning. My mom drove me to my aunt's house and I showered there, then I went to school. That was 3 years ago and I don't care about that sort of thing at all anymore, I guess sometimes your subconscious mind sorts itself out. I did end up moving away to go to college though and remember day's going to class not showering, I didn't smell or anything, but I wasn't worried about smelling either.

>my dad forgot to pay the water bill, or couldn't

meanwhile some dude who's dad is an african accountant got affirmative action points on college admissions lol

What's the reasoning behind this post?

i'm just saying the kids failed proletarian dad couldn't even keep the water on but he has white privilege because white

He never said he was white though.

non-whites get their bills paid by welfare tho unless his dad was like one of those hardcore koreans who's too proud

also he said his dad was in his life, so definitely not black

>I refused to go to school because I wasn't able to take a shower that morning. My mom drove me to my aunt's house and I showered there, then I went to school

That's about as white of an anecdote as you will find.

yes, thank u

it's a suspect story tho because it's illegal to cut the water off in an occupied dwelling, they can cut off your electricity and gas, but they can't cut off your water pretty sure

>didn't have enough cultural intelligence to intuit the race of the poster
>tries to play it off with /pol/ baiting

kys brainlet

Here

I'm not this fag

you should get some meds