He reads for the prose

>he reads for the prose

at least I can read

i read for fuck

>he reads for the plot or for the information contained in the book

>he reads for the cons

>not reading for the font

>he reads

>he reads because he was neglected as a child and began to hear a voice that over the decades has brought so much luck and fortune he's convinced others have been affected so, and he reads to find where the muses have hid in whose mind

>he reads to impress strangers on the internet

Is there any other reason to read instead of the beauty of the words being putting together to get a magnificent painting of the world?

Literature is about the form not the message.

>not reading only the front and back cover

>she reads cuz she thinks she knows how

lmao just read the last page so you know what happens, its what i do

>dualists

pure ideology

Friend I don't think you have grasped the purpose of this board.

I read for prose and themes.
Plot is meme shit. If you read for plot you might as well go back to high school.

>he hasn't gone through his entire English degree by reading cliff notes exclusively
Must suck to be dumb.

Amidst this sudden dawn of high technology, books are pretty much only read for prose nowadays. If you want plot, go watch a film or read some YA.

Reading literature for the prose is like eating soup because you like spoons

Reading for prose is like going to an art museum for the colors. This is something only the most extreme of faggots do.

That's a dumb analogy.

Soup is the content, spoon is the delivery method. Plot is the content, prose is the delivery method.

Why else would you consider a spoon's existence, if it weren't for that fact?

Color is to visual arts as vocabulary is to prose.

>Plot is the content

Best thing is, nobody asks you to choose. Reading for the whole experience, plot, prose, message, characters, and everything included, is the only patrician way.

positively absurd