Is this the greatest comic ever written?

Close enough

Nah, From Hell is
(Also )

It's good but i think either Corto Maltese,
Sandman or Miller's Daredevil get the cake.

That's not Devilman

He's right you know.

there are people on this website who think superhero anything is the pinnacle of comic books

Nice taste.
But let's be real: the greatest comic ever is pic related. Nothing can even compete.

/co/ mostly talks abour cartoons or superhero shit. Veeky Forums should discuss more graphic novels imo

I read the firs two Devilman volumes. I'm sorry to say I found it shitty. Does it get better?

I want to see the /pol/ reactions to a Maus I&II thread

Comics are bad, watch anime instead. The best anime is better than any literature, ever. Veeky Forums is too filled with brainlets to even begin to understand it.

I had to read it in college during our unit on the shoah in my western civ class.

Only if your shit taste does.

Ironically this

Is there a chart or list of recommended reading for comics/graphic novels? I'm interested in it but don't want to have to dig through shitty generic weeb/superhero shit.

Alan Moore's 'Saga of the Swamp Thing'.

Moore was a fucking hack, Watchmen is way better.

I respectfully disagree.

Well then just ignore the weeb/cape shit. I don't know of any charts, but I'll post some comics - both the ones I've read and ones that I haven't but that are highly regarded and influential.

Little Nemo in Slumberland
Krazy Kat
Prince Valiant
Tarzan (particularly Burne Hogarth's)
Mœbius' work (Incal, Blueberry etc)
Corto Maltese (start with In Siberia - if you want more realistic stories, read The Ballad of the Salt Sea, Sous le signe du Capricorne and Corto toujours un peu plus loin; the other tomes are increasingly surreal; the last tome, Mû, should be read last, but the reading order doesn't matter much otherwise)
Osamu Tezuka
Keiji Nakazawa - Barefoot Gen (influenced Spiegelman a lot)
Will Eisner - A Contract with God
Sergio Toppi - Sharaz-de
Hayao Miyazaki - Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Alan Moore - Watchmen (he did a shitton of stuff but this one is indisputably his masterpiece)
Art Spiegelman - Maus (might seem boring at first glance, but it's executed masterfully)
Jiro Taniguchi's work
Chris Ware - Jimmy Corrigan
Marjane Satrapi - Persepolis
David Mazzucchielli - Asterios Polyp

There are also some highly regarded works that I find very overrated - Gaiman's Sandman, anything by Frank Miller, Charles Burns' Black Hole and Dylan Horrocks' Hicksville
You should still read them and come to your own conclusions, but I have to shove my opinions in the list somehow.

Also, Transmetropilitan is pure reddit garbage. Don't touch it with a ten foot pole.

I digged the first volume but the second sucked ass, should I go on with this?

Yes. I also disliked the second volume but the rest was worth it. The art change was jarring.

The Maxx is great

Read more manga.