The most unenjoyable book you have ever read

God this fucking book was a slog, I cannot fathom why it's so fucking revered, I have never read a book more grating and arduous to get through

:(

It has a war in it.

That's enough for me.

agree
>MUH WINE

The Iliad.

>here's a list of every ship that came to the Trojan war
>here's a list of all Troy's allies
>introduce a character with a page, whomever is on God mode at the time kills them on the next page, repeat for multiple chapters
>the weird as fuck sports chapter

The ending was good though.

Wow I just started reading this yesterday. 19 chapters in. Is it that bad?

For perspective, I've only read The Old Man and the Sea, and that was pretty good.

what a shit book

Agreed. It took me a month to read that shit and I don't even remember one thing.

That was the point tho m8, the mundanity of war is a central theme in all of Hemingway's war-related works.

You remember that sickass shield.

As a kid I read through most of the Left Behind series because I wanted to read about sick ass Demons killing heathens. I stopped around book seven when the Anti-christ was hanging out in a plane somewhere while the world went unburned.

1/10.

So the point of the book is large parts of it being terrible?
Not op but I'm almost done with it and every chapter involving Catherine is a fucking pain to read. It's just boring and uninteresting
>I love you
>I love you too dear

Repeated for whole fucking chapters. Like what the fuck

Stephen King's IT
1200 Pages of shit, no idea what the appeal of him is

Agreed. Reading this book has put me off Hemingway forever. An absolute drag and while I think I get the points he's trying to make, the time and effort is just not worth it.

this is truly the shittiest book of all time

its fucking easy to read. And its brilliant...

The Odyssey was a lot more memorable.

>Whomever

don't use this word if you don't know how.

pleb

pleb

pleb

pleb

For whom the bell tolls is so much worse though

The Poisonwood Bible
Feminist, liberal trash.