Was it really coincidence / physical debilitation that caused Nietzsche's madness?

Was it really coincidence / physical debilitation that caused Nietzsche's madness?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Wolf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How does one overcome the tendencies underlying slave morality?

Following my academic failure, I find myself increasingly disdaining the academic fixtures of research and medicine I once aspired to find myself in.

Yeah, I heard he hit him in the back of the head with a cudgel.

Fuckin' Coincidence, man, that guy was out of control. Fun to drink with, though.

Ah, Nietzsche. I got some of his books.

Never had the time to return them to him. He passed away before i could.

'Nervous exhaustion' gets tossed around. No doubt akin to the blanketing of Sancho Panza....

>Following my academic failure, I find myself increasingly disdaining the academic fixtures of research and medicine I once aspired to find myself in.
I think the problem is probably that you just have a low IQ. Succeeding in medicine isn't exactly rocket science.

Not so.

I won't expect an answer.

Well, what caused it then? Doctors are widely considered to be lamebrained regurgitators by scientists. How do you fail at something even a parrot can do?

A discussion of the circumstances which led me here was neither my request nor my interest.

I mean only to escape the resulting mindset.

madness is a common theme within philosophy. plato's phaedrus famously called philosophy a form of divine madness. this makes sense as the ancient conception of philosophy sought knowledge of the whole and the only way to know the whole is to be mad enough to place oneself in the place of gods. its a literal self-deification

nietzsche's madness stems from his "reversed platonism", where he foregoes the eternal, unchanging ideas for perspective and ultimate becoming. in platonic terms, philosophical speculation is replaced with poetic innovation. in championing the poetic spirit, nietzsche places himself firmly in the realm of becoming and bodily genesis, where the old is constantly thrown away for the new (the philosophers of the future). nietzsche even brings the gods down into becoming, hence his tragic remark that even the gods too philosophize, (BGE 294) which means that even they are not wise.* all we are left with are perspectives. without a trace of stability in his life (which necessarily should be of the psyche/soul), it is no wonder that nietzsche went mad. that being said, nietzsche is the single man who truly followed the poetic spirit. for that, he is worthy of admiration but not of too much admiration. i think that if a person wanted to be a true nietzschean, then he should dispose of nietzsche's work thereafter

*this is a direct reference to plato's symposium. iirc its somewhere in diotima's dialogue with the young socrates in describing the birth and parents of eros

Are you exercising and meditating 30 minutes a day? If not, you should start by doing that.

Interesting how he glorified the body and mind so much, and taxed his body (forcing himself to harsh exercise regimens, walking very long distances and such when disease didn't debilitate him) and mind so much, but in the end his mind became mush, his body practically paralyzed, and all he had left were his completely mute, animal-like, docile emotions twinkling out of his senile eyes like the eyes of a sentimental horse.

Like 1/6 of ecce homo is about his health

Not read a single word of him or even really got the gist of him from others but I've finally conculed that he was simply an obsessive faggot.

>Not read a single word of him or even really got the gist of him from others but I've finally conculed that he was simply an obsessive faggot.

good satire

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Wolf
happened often back then
>Though he had several bursts of extraordinary productivity, particularly in 1888 and 1889, depression frequently interrupted his creative periods, and his last composition was written in 1898, before he suffered a mental collapse caused by syphilis.

Not a single word was meanr in jest.

Meant. Shit.

he wasnt drinking

if you didn't know it, in that pic you posted Nietzsche was already completely retarded and couldn't take care of himself. his sister propped him up the parade him around guests and stuff like that

Very interesting perspective

what a disgusting little man

Deal with your authority issues. Some people are better and more powerful than you. It's a bit of a paradox, slaves are obsessed with their masters.