How do you organize your bookshelves, if you even organize them?

How do you organize your bookshelves, if you even organize them?

Fiction alphabetical, non-fiction divided by category and then either alphabetical or chronological by topic, depending on subject.

i make your mom do it

I arrange my books according to the author's dick size.

By topic, duh.

/thread

Authors nationality/cultural circle/cultural subject.

by color

goat compilation

>girlfriend wants to do this
>conflicts with my alphabetized autism

By Non fiction and fiction.

Fiction is sorted by country, then author's last name.

kek

If you scatter your books through your shelf without any organizing principle, the ladies must EXPLORE your shelf and thus take in more of your ecclectic personality.

Genre > alphabetical within genre
Although the genres themselves are haphazardly arranged

To describe how I order my bookshelf would be like describing how squeezing a plastic bag of dyed sand feels like to my dad. The sand is dyed green.

Lame post.

I'm telling you the Truth. My ordering of the bookshelf is by a way that I don't know myself, as I'm unable to explain the feeling. How can I explain what I don't understand? Just like in Meno's paradox, but my immortal soul must've never experienced this as it's created by myself without knowledge of what I was doing. So, there's certain things unknowable since our immortal soul hasn't experienced. Creating something without knowing is creating something unknowable.

>not a 'post your bookshelf' thread
ruined

Hows your book coming along?

*Know* this: Socrates would reveal you a fool.

by use.

bottom: comics/manga
lower: information (dictionaries/ reference books/ religious books/ how-to books/ biographies etc)
middle: entertainment (novels/autobiographies etc)
top: extra tall (books that don't fit anywhere else, usually magazines and photobooks)

left: cookbooks

bedroom left: "deco" books? (I honestly have no idea what my thought process was. It's just a random assortment, but with more old books, but not old enough to go into my special old books box)

Bedroom right: random assortment. a complete clusterfuck.

Wherever it fits by size. I cover mine up so that no one sees them, books are very intimate to me. Sharing a book to me is on the same level of intimacy as sex to a Mormon