Top 5 Russian authors?

What are they?

>Tolstoy
>Dostoevsky
>Solzhenitsyn
>Chekhov
>Turgenev

Refute this.

Also Russian lit thread. What are some lesser known or under appreciated works that you would recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

samisdat.com/3/311-314.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Pushkin
>Tolstoy
>Gogol
>Chekhov
>Turgenev

Dostoyevsky was not a very good writer and there's no reason for Solzhenitzyn to be above Bulgakov

Where the fuck is Gogol OP you worthless piece of shit

Anyone that ranks Russian authors and leaves out Lermontov can immediately be discarded.

What are some lesser known or under appreciated works that you would recommend?
Bunin had some really good stuff. How come he's never discussed here?

>Dostoyevsky was not a very good writer
Care to defend that statement which is considered almost universally false?

>No Gogol

LMAO

lenin and stalin the only two that matter

As Russian myself, my personal list would be like:

>Fyodor Dostoyevsky
>Andrei Platonov
>Mikhail Artsybashev
>Anton Chekhov
>Leonid Andreyev

What about Merezhkovsky, Rozanov, Bely?Andreev, Platonov, Karpov? You must read them after Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.

Also Galkovsky is good.

For those who speak Russian - samisdat.com/3/311-314.htm

I read a hero of our time. It was nothing above average. It just became a boring romance,

Solzhenitsyn's prose is clunky, not on par with the others. Put Pushkin in there, or Bulgakov if you only want novelists.

>under appreciated works
I liked Moskva-Petushki. And The Foundation Pit. And Mandelstam and Mayakovski and Blok. And Kharms.

We need some Bely love in here. Definitely check out Petersburg, Kotik Letaev, and the Silver Dove. His poetry and other works are worth checking out too. If you do read Petersburg, please get the original, longer text. Bely had a thing for making massive cuts on that book later on in his life.

Avvakum
Pushkin
Bely
Rozanov
Zabolotsky

Just look at this book

With a shock wave in my ears,
A cold moon in my soul,
I am a shot to insanity. I am both check
And mate to myself. I am mute. Now I
Am nothing and running toward nothing.
Now I am no one's and rushing to no one.
A shock wave in my mouth,
A cold moon in my dark,
A leg in my corner, an arm in my ditch,
The eyes that fell out of my sockets,
A finger forgotten in one of the clinics,
An unneeded moon in my dark.

Tell me, do you think that the Russians are Europeans or at least Westerners? I'm from Russia and there's a lot of controversy about this.

Yes, Erofeev.

And Pelevin, and Gorenstein. And Limonov too!

you know what Napoleon or de Maistre said about scratching the Russia, right?

Don't forget about muh nigga Mereshkovsky

What else would they be? Asians? Near-Easterners? Eskimos? Ayyliens?

>Asians
This. Or eurasians.

Aleksandr Dugin
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Ayn Rand
Boris Pasternak
Ernst Niekisch

>Solzhenitsyn

Seriously? I mean, SERIOUSLY? Your Cold War Propaganda indoctrination is showing. The only reason anyone remembers that imbecile is because muh gulags are bad mmmm'kay.

Of contemporary authors, I love Gorchev. And also Masodov, there's something very delicious about his prose.

monsieur, i was not indoctrinated during the cold war, but during the siege of stalingrad, where, to warm myself in the bitter russian cold, i cut open the stomach of an obese russian woman, and lived inside her for three days, whom i later found out, was a doctor

>Its another commie revisionist episode.
>"Gulags are bad m'kay" is supposed to make me not want to read TGA.

I'd like to read Golovanov eventually.

No. You are churka.
Any other questions?

What are some good post-ww2 russian writers?

>obese anyone
>in USSR
This is Russian literature thread, not Modern Ayymerican one.

HAHA! monsieur, resist! resist the communist's sly tactics. even now they are filling up this board, so proximate to our haven /pol/, with their judaeobolshevik mendacity!!!!!

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Boris Pasternak
Mikhail Bulgakov
Svetlana Alexievich

All won the Nobel Prize. Alexievich won it in 2012 for Voices From Chernobyl - supposed to be really good.

>churka
People from the Caucasus region of ex-Soviet Union (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, etc).

Churkas are usually seen as loud, pushy, insolent, and just generally repulsive.

>*2015, not 2012

No we are not gayeuropa and not Asia and will never be in your fucking category

We are mother Russia for mother Russia we live for mother Russia we die we serve the orthdox empire we get our belive from byzantian empire just like Serbia Bulgaria and makedonia not the chtollic Jews

No one came even closest to conquering mother Russia :D and never will

Hitler lol fag die in his bunker whan half of Germania get raped by big Russian dick and we put our soviet flag on your vormacht bilding

Napolion fag lol died whan runing Bcoz we doomd all the euros with there franch fags do die after we burn Moscow :) hahaha how das it feel ??? To join a war and to know thet you die in our lands and never come back to your fucking franch mother hahahahaa

Hahah how das it feel to be a franch soldiers who doomd to die with 5000000000 of his gayeuropuan fags together whan they are runing from mad us he'll russians wifs who one by one the Russian killed all gay European fags in cold blood hahah hahah

Hahahahaa swedan lol we take from swedan Finland and Estonia hahahahaha after our win of poltova swedan empire was forever gone and weak hahahahaa

Turkia lol we almost take constantinopolis but the fucking franch and englos helps the Turks and we retrite from take in constantin cari grad :)
Fuck you Europa and America don't even put us in your back stab category your history is shit and every Russian kids look at you all us sisi fuckes

We are Slavic people Not englos not chinks not Nordic we have our on history stay the fuck oway from ukraina or Belarus and our batltics oldish clays

Death you the gayeuropa death to Amerika death to NATO

Pic related this contrys are belong to us now !!!!!

DEUS VULT

No, these are hachi. Churkas are people from Central Asia: tajiks, uzbeks, kyrgyzi and so on.

Mikhail Sholokov

Monsieur, whilst you trample over the valour of my noble country, i cannot help but resist to correct your oversight: not only did the russians defeat Napoleon on the western front, but at the time they were at war with the Persian Empire in the Caucasus. stay well, russian friend, and may you ever keep the Jew and Homosexual from your Noble Kingdom.

Bonjour,

Monsieur Guy

LARPing as a Russian: every Russian knows damn well that there's no such expression as Mother Russia in Russian.
Ivan and Serguei can weigh in on this one.

Too bad Platonov cannot be translated.

There's an expression "Poдинa-Maть", and there's even a statue of the same name in Kiev, but no one in Russia would say that without irony when referring to the country. "Motherland", "poдинa",is the most common.

Spasiba.

Why is Veeky Forums so good today

"The foundations on which our country stands are so deep, so firmly rooted that its wonderful, beautiful future is inevitable." - Vladimir Putin

Bad LARP, 2/10. Nobody Russian considers Russia as "mother". Rodina-Mat "Motherland" statues and images were made by Bolshevik Jews badly larping as Russians 70 years ago.
Don't do that, it's like Japs larping as Americans.

Russian 101 below.
Rodina is from Rod. "Tribe, family, race, kind, sort, fruit". Suffix -in generally means possession, but here it means "smth/smbd belonging to [the mentioned] community".
Like anglichane (the Englishmen) - anglichan-in (an Englishman).
Rodina means "where my tribe/family/kind is". Is, not "holds something".
Rodina-Mat is a Bolshevik meme, it never existed before. The Jews probably confused the pagan goddess Mother-Earth (Mat Syra Zemlya) with XIX century meme of personification of countries as women, fudging some lesbian personification of USSR and making fugly statues of it.
Otechestvo is semantically similar to Fatherland, but only slightly. Otec means "Father", yes, but -estv- means either "somebody practicing the mentioned job/occupation" or "somebody belonging to a community doing something specific". It's more like -ity suffix.
Human/Chelovek - Humanity/Chelovech-estvo.
So literally translated Otechestvo would be Father-ity, compare with Fraternity. As in "Men sharing the same fathers/ancestors and continuing their fathers'/ancestors' work".
Both war with Napoleon in 1812 and Stalin's re-branding of WW2 used Otechestvo to mention that all kin-men, not just professional soldiers, participated in the war to protect their common ancestor's ways and property.
There are no Russian equivalents to word Motherland, probably never were.
Actually Great Russians and most White Russians aren't really focused on -land at all, that's why they have so much of it. Any land can become Russian, but very few people can rightfully share the Otechestvo. Some land is considered Russian by folks mostly because their Russian ancestors put work to get it or do something cool on it, and they would pretty like to continue the work there and fuck anyone else's opinions.

>Dostoyevsky was not a very good writer
This is what leftists actually think

Best is Tolstoy. Probably the greatest novelist of all time.

Worst is Goncharov. Perhaps it was my translation, but Oblomov was simply not funny.

Odoevsky's Nights are a comfy read.