the Orwell guy ain't got glasses

Three anglos and a kike.

Huxley worked for the CIA

King's photograph is colored.

Orwell, Huxely and Asimov look like normal human beings

Huxley

Asimov, Orwell and King look smug as fuck

>those sailor sideburns and pepe pose

It's Orwell. Respectable people actually study Orwell, particularly the nonfiction. Of all the titles that all of the other three have ever published, if I saw anything besides Brave New World on a course's reading list, I would walk out.

King has FAS.

Orwell, he's the only semi-talented author in that group.

I'm not a Brave New World fan but I'd rather read anything by Huxley over Orwell. Orwell is just moralistic screeching.

>I won't read King, Asimov, or Huxley
>I'm a fedora
ok, fair enough, but I think you're ignoring a significant irony

I read Orwell and Huxley as a child and haven't gone back to them since, so I couldn't really say, but I know from studying English that Orwell is much more widely studied. Actually I've never even seen one paper about Huxley or heard any academics talk about him.

>Actually I've never even seen one paper about Huxley or heard any academics talk about him.
He wrote a lot of non-fiction and criticism. If you read a lot of stuff about or around his time period he actually shows up a lot.

All but King were engaged in sociopolitical issues and devoted a lot of their writing to it, if not all.

King is a talented entertainer, a gifted craftsman, a bulk writer of genre fiction. If not plain pulp. But none of his work will ever have the sociopolitical impact on society the triumvirate had.

Also this

When you say time period do you mean before 1945? And maybe just in Britain as well? Because I study postwar American lit and like I said, I've never really encountered him or his work

>A British writer active primarily before the war doesn't come up much in discussions of postwar American literature
Sure is strange

I usually associate him with the interwar years but I just found out that The Doors of Perception was published in the 1950s.
Anyway, you don't need to be snide about it, you said yourself that if you read stuff from around his time period his name shows up a lot. I wasn't just stating the obvious, you didn't qualify what time period or what country you were talking about, so I did it for you.

good work detectives

Asimov didnt write horror.

asimov is degrees of magnitudes worse of a writer than anyone else there
there's a completely different standard for how shitty you can be if you're writing sci-fi

king doesn't write about philosophical themes. he knows how to draw you in and spin you along and there are great moments along the way, but the biggest theme he can handle is mythical pure evil