So true

So true

Other urls found in this thread:

themiddlespaces.com/2015/03/31/humanity-not-included/
supermegacomics.com/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are some consistently good Veeky Forums webcomics?

Hark a vagrant

Also, this one

And this webcomic strikes me as quite Veeky Forums

I fucking love oglaf

That is an accurate depiction of your average free will believer.

YES

that made me legit uncomfortable

qqqqqqqqq

This seems like obvious bait. On the other hand, determinists do love limits.

NABOKOV BTFO!!!! PEDO ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!!

LOL

>le Nabokov can't tell a story meme
His novels have a greater focus on plot than any of Dosto's major works.

>ywn be tuberculosis, systematically destroying Poe's life and everything he loves until all that remains is a worn out shell of a man

>Not knowing that free will exists
How did you get that rod so far up your ass?

"Prove it"
With these words the continental philosopher freezes up, realizing their conceptualizations are intrinsically worthless. They break into a cold sweat and begin yammering about "necessary axioms" and that "they wouldn't want to live in a world where my idea isn't true". Deeps down though, they already know they've lost.

i dont think focus on the plot is the criticism here...

lol

themiddlespaces.com/2015/03/31/humanity-not-included/

So what's missing in Nabokov's storytelling? Clarity? Depth? Emotional engagement? Aesthetic value? He has all of those things.
"You speak three languages but you can't tell a story" is just a rephrasing of the classic misconception that Nabokov cares more about language than content.

kek p good

he does care more about language than content... i like nabokov plenty, but his desperation to be seen as the eminent public intellectual was a bit annoying. Dostoevsky was a better novelist

What are these called?

Existential comics is pretty fun

>being a sperglord analytic and posting this masturbatory shlock

supermegacomics.com/index.php

This strikes me as shallow reading. Nabokov is a really masterful crafter of stories. The problem is that it's very surgical and almost always designed in a specific way to show cracks that point to some poignant deficiency or failure on the part of the narrator.

Dostoevsky wrote messy, incredibly psychologically realistic people. Nabokov's non-narrator people are stylized in a way that we have to acknowledge is too ideal in order to meaningfully engage with the text.

>tfw not even analytic, just shitposting

i agree with a lot of what you are saying, and keep in mind I've only read Pnin and Lolita as far as his main works go. And i DO happen to be a huge Dostoevsky fan, but I dont think nabokov has ever written a real novel. sure both Pnin and Lolita contain beautiful writing, at times breathtaking, and of course it has a plot and i agree with what you are saying about him, but don't you notice that theres just something missing from his works. i dont know if i would call it a 'humanness' but it is something hard to put a finger on that prevents his works from really becoming novels. and Dostoevsky is on the opposite side of the spectrum where he was so unbelievably good at what Nabokov couldnt do and i think it ate Nabokov alive

X, therefore y. No. You didn't prove anything. I don't like him for personal reasons, and that's why the other guy is better

you can't prove one author is better than another, dipshit. Some people think JK Rowling is better than Joyce, and you know what? their vote counts just as much as yours in elections

Nabokov looks like Sir Wilfried Laurier and Dostoyevsky looks like a midget rabbi. This person is a terrible artist and the comic doesn't demonstrate any knowledge of literature besides the title of Crime and Punishment and a random piece of trivia about Nabokov.
0/10, you and the author can go jump into a grave

All unfunny shit
All brilliant new media masterpieces

I don't like you.

The feeling is mutual. I don't like myself either. Yet here I am all the same

But Donkey Lord is necessarily good otherwise he wouldn't permit us to know that we are blind.

Cute.

Is this the true comics Veeky Forums thread?

how do i interpret this?

Jesus, I haven't thought of this comic in years.
I remember fucking loving it, too.

I don't think I've ever met anyone more wrong before

kek, CaH was so far ahead of its time.

You should go look in a mirror sometime you fat faggot

objectively correct.

>how do i interpret this?
Lacking sight, the other person's true nature was unclear to him. He could therefore be deceived into thinking that they had a cat for an arm. These are the dangers of relying too much on the senses and not enough on that thing we call "common sense"

LOL

Shit, normie taste.

>the second guy wants to play a prank on Dave by switching his hand with handcat's human hand
>Dave accidentally grabs handcat's cat face
>Dave erroneously believes the second guy's human hand is in fact a cat face

Last panel made me laugh, but then again I'm kind of drunk so the bar's set pretty low as far as comedic value is concerned

Not funny imo

lol, totally incoherent but lol

sameb tb h

overwrought gasligting cliche

Almost interesting, maybe I just don't like the style, idk

thorki is the worst fucking pairing.
wait, I lied. wincest is the worst pairing.
no wait. luna is the worst pairing.
I hate fanfiction.

can easily tell this guy didn't read multiple, if any, of nabokov's or dosto's books

Garfield... easy on the pipe

first of all, you should say "easy on the lasagna" because he's a fat fucking cat who likes lasagna. Second, stop trying to force a shitty meme.

easy on the l a s a g a

user... easy on the faggotry

Crime and Punishment has superb prose, and Nabokov tells good stories.

unless you read russian it's hard to judge Dostoevsky's prose, unless you mean Constance Garnett has good prose

fat autist detected

A+ in taste.

This is one of the greatest comics of all time

She does and is unfairly maligned 2bh

this shit reddit af

Nabakov was at least american english. Reading any writer that isn't american or Shakespeare is pointless.

>So what's missing in Nabokov's storytelling?
>Clarity?
No.
>Depth?
Yes.
>Emotional engagement?
Yes.
>Aesthetic value?
No.

have any of you been to /r/comics? I think it might be one of the lowest IQ subreddits. Sort by upvotes and look at what they vote to the top

I am bumping this thread because soapfoot.
>respect your neighbours

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
Obligatory.

It's impossible to judge poetry in translation, but prose can be more or less so long as it isn't too poetic in the original and the translation is faithful. Cultural idioms, slang, puns and formalism can be very tricky though, and that is where the talent of the translator really shows.

Garnett has "good prose" is a very conventional sense, but she is hardly reflective of Dostoevsky's "talkativeness". Dostoevsky strives to write like one talks (obviously not 100% because that would have a lot of "lint"), to make reading a very human experience as opposed to an artificial abstraction of feelings and description for aesthetic tasting. He wants to share live butterflies as opposed to a collection prepared and pinned.

what the fuck did just I watch

Since no one bothers to even provide the source of these comics, despite praise for them, here it is: supermegacomics.com/index.php

>This runs for over an hour

Reminds me of those annoying fucking comics that used to get posted on /b/ (maybe /mu/?) that made absolutely no sense. Anyone remember those?

Jerk City is the greatest webcomic ever you fuckin pleb

>dialectical materialism
>thinking this is what Descartes said
>thinking Marx was some base realist

You will never be anything;)

bump

Jerk City is "holds up spork"-tier