YOUTUBE LECTURES

I'm 20 years old and I've never studied philosophy. It's difficult for me to read books, I understand lectures more easily. Tell me about the good channels on YouTube or courses on Coursera/etc.

I know about these guys:
youtube.com/user/gbisadler
youtube.com/channel/UCYSW6ZTG8orrna1zJdl5wTQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1A_CAkYt3GY
oyc.yale.edu/philosophy
youtube.com/watch?v=gh-6HyTRNNY
youtube.com/watch?v=efVM0jaJ7Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=rEgKC0npXIg
edx.org/course/subject/philosophy-ethics
youtube.com/watch?v=kBdfcR-8hEY&t=3s
youtube.com/user/godlogicscience/playlists
youtube.com/user/PhiloofAlexandria/playlists
youtu.be/az-JR9_GOoA
youtube.com/user/PhilosophicalTechne
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwxNMb28XmpfEr2zNKQfU97eyEs70krSb
youtube.com/channel/UCvQECJukTDE2i6aCoMnS-Vg
youtube.com/channel/UCX6b17PVsYBQ0ip5gyeme-Q
youtube.com/channel/UC4a-Gbdw7vOaccHmFo40b9g
youtube.com/channel/UCEBb1b_L6zDS3xTUrIALZOw
youtube.com/channel/UC-98P1HknuXGxDYNwlxsKwQ
youtube.com/channel/UCYeF244yNGuFefuFKqxIAXw
youtube.com/channel/UC88lvyJe7aHZmcvzvubDFRg
youtube.com/channel/UC4EY_qnSeAP1xGsh61eOoJA
youtube.com/user/egsvideo/videos
youtube.com/user/RoyIntPhilosophy/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jordan B Peterson
>inb4 autists

Jay Dyer/Jays Analysis.com is great and heaps on geopolitics and film among the theology and philosophy lectures and essays.

if you're anything like me you probably have NVLD (Non-Verbal Learning Disorder). It's not on the autism spectrum.

You read things, but they dont stick no matter how hard you try

You know you're smart, but everyone thinks you're stupid. You consider your thinking logical, but everyone says you're being too literal. You spread an unnecessary amount of information, just like I'm doing now

I wasnt diagnosed until 21

youtube.com/watch?v=1A_CAkYt3GY

How is this different from dyslexia?

You certainly came to the right place. Seeing as how you're asking for videos and that you're not interested in books you definitely did good by coming to the literature board. Genius, really. I never would have thought of it.

Yale courses, e.g:
oyc.yale.edu/philosophy
youtube.com/watch?v=gh-6HyTRNNY
there's heaps of free stuff iTunes U - Marianne Talbot is good, e.g:
youtube.com/watch?v=efVM0jaJ7Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=rEgKC0npXIg
edx has stuff on it too:
edx.org/course/subject/philosophy-ethics
Sandel's Justice lectures are entertaining and informative, the book is good too:
youtube.com/watch?v=kBdfcR-8hEY&t=3s

learn to read.
spend 10 minutes a day and work up from there.

avoid meme "philosophers" (land, peterson etc)

This idea that people learn better using one method over another is a myth. It's difficult for you to learn by reading because you're stupid. You're not going to learn anything with videos either.

This is the smartest place on the Internet.

The Yale lecture series on Paradise Lost is on point.

>implying people on Veeky Forums actually read books

Idk about youtube but i had a teacher in college show me a presentation by eckhart tole (google the shit i dont think i spelled it right.) it envolved time. Shit changed my life

I thought the exact same thing.

In a nutshell: Unlike Dyslexia, those suffering from NVLD (no cool word for us yet) simply cant retain information. This includes social cues, like body language (which is why people think its a form of autism). We also have little sense of space and direction. People like me are constantly bumping into stuff and getting in people's way. Im more conscious of it now, But I used to literally run into polls, like a old cartoon. We also share a lot of information, even if the other person has no need for the information.

I dont tell people about it. I dont want to use my disorder as a crutch. If I lived with it until I was 21, Ill live with it until I die. I just gotta work extra hard to meet social norms.

youtube.com/user/godlogicscience/playlists

Gregory Sadler. He's currently doing a complete section by section analysis of Hegel phenomenology of the spirit.

Semen demon?

> it envolved time. Shit changed my life.

>tfw you will never be a wizard capable of manipulating time while everyone thinks you're a pseud new-age quack who only influences people that can't distinguish 'evolve' from 'involve'

peterson does not even qualify as meme philosopher

Audiobooks
Podcasts (history of philosophy without any gaps is nice)

Daniel Bonevac is one of the few actually worth your time.
youtube.com/user/PhiloofAlexandria/playlists
His course on the analytic tradition is a great intro to analytic philo
His Ideas of the Twentieth Century course is less about philo per se, but still great fun.
He's a great lecturer

Lectures are superficial introductions. If you can't or won't delve into many many many books, philosophy isn't for you. I mean yeah you can watch some lecteres and learn stuff, go ahead for sure, but don't pretend to be into philosophy or know much about it.

I suppose you could read academic articles but usually they require backround knowledge.

Rick Roderick.

Some dude uploaded a series of Deleuze lectures on YouTube. They're all in French though and the quality is a bit shit.

youtu.be/az-JR9_GOoA

Read some books you fucking retard this is Veeky Forums not /youtube/

Who is the chick in the picture OP?

Read the Book out loud record it and listen to it. The lectures online are mostly mediocre. The Problem with secoundary sources is you have to trust on others, who give things their own spin and nearly always if they talk about the works of geniuses bring them down to a level even below mediocre especially, if they believe in the Myth of the philosphy that isn't postmodern to be written "complicated/cryptic" on purpose.

I second this, the "History of Philosophy without any Gaps" podcast is definitely a great place to start learning philosophy

This
And also, Mark Thorsby's channel is god-tier for philosophy.

youtube.com/user/PhilosophicalTechne

I lIkE tHe ScHoOl Of LiFe

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwxNMb28XmpfEr2zNKQfU97eyEs70krSb

Name? or is it just a random person?

>The Problem with secondary sources
If you actually study philosophy you spend far more time reading secondary texts than primary ones. There is nothing wrong with secondary texts per se.

Sasha Martynova

youtube.com/channel/UCvQECJukTDE2i6aCoMnS-Vg

youtube.com/channel/UCX6b17PVsYBQ0ip5gyeme-Q

youtube.com/channel/UC4a-Gbdw7vOaccHmFo40b9g

youtube.com/channel/UCEBb1b_L6zDS3xTUrIALZOw

youtube.com/channel/UC-98P1HknuXGxDYNwlxsKwQ

youtube.com/channel/UCYeF244yNGuFefuFKqxIAXw

youtube.com/channel/UC88lvyJe7aHZmcvzvubDFRg

youtube.com/channel/UC4EY_qnSeAP1xGsh61eOoJA

>Big Think
>CrashCourse

Stopped there. You are memeing right?

>Stopped there.

thanks

for some continental feels:
youtube.com/user/egsvideo/videos

for some analytical reals:
youtube.com/user/RoyIntPhilosophy/videos

Do you have Esoteric Hollywood? Could you post a pdf of it?