Have you ever been so Veeky Forums you frightened and disturbed someone?

Have you ever been so Veeky Forums you frightened and disturbed someone?

I quoted Shakespeare a few times to the girl that I date raped. I've always wondered if it soured her on Shakespeare.

We got a wubermensch in here...

I met this girl a while back, we got along well enough and eventually she invited me to her place one night after work. I mentioned that i liked to read and she beamed "Me too!!" and asked me if I had read "The Alchemist". Needless to say that was the end of that... She called me a few times and I remember that she was hurt and confused, and not too sure what had happened. I sure dodged a bullet there.

i feel that my perceived literary excellence and patrician tastes prevents anyone from even approaching me with anything remotely Veeky Forums related. all because i have a bookshelf full of books ive never read displayed in my living room

Drunk girls in my room at a party: Hey user, why do you have 2 copies of Yiddish Policeman's Union?
Drunk me, with theatrical flourishes: Because I plan to read it twice!
Girls: awed silence
In B4 chabon not lit

Pretty much anytime I answer the question "what are you reading?"

Well my wife sure doesn't understand novelists. She hated my working in the middle of the night over three books.

>be me
>walking through Barnes with a qt
>point out Crime and Punishment
>Hey I just finished this last week
>Really? Who's it by?
>Fyodor Dostoyevsky
>she just walks off
>maybe she didn't hear me
>Fyodor Dostoyevsky
>She looks at me funny
>Fyodor. Dostoyevsky.
>user why do you keep making that sound
>...that's the name of the author. he's kind of a big deal.
There wasn't a big enough trashcan for me to throw her in so I just had to suck it up

I was too harsh with my criticism at my college lit mag and I received a weird "mass email" saying that nobody should be that harsh

I apologized in a very Kafkaesque way, owning the insult fully and even overloading it, making appeals to the chancellor out of weird self-condemnation... worked on it for like an hour. Left the club soon after that

If I had a nickel for every girl that I know who looks through me like I was a ghost or literally fucking dead. I'd have like 2 dollars

lol
post it

Man, I've been here a while, and while I'm no moralfag, I should at least say I don't say this often:

Fucking kill yourself, loser

lol

Agreed

>getting this triggered by Shakespeare
How does it feel to be this much of a pleb?

Someone once quoted Carlyle out of context near me. I think I legally own him by his own consent now, not that it's worth much.

fucking roasties, cant handle reality

I spent 24/7 in my room reading on the computer in the dark, and my parents thought I might end up murdering them since I don't feel empathy or show emotion. Now I live with my grandparents.

that's actually funny. Congrats

No, in the past I've only annoyed them so I just don't talk about it.

Gb2 plebbit

Epic win

Please share

>date raped
What does it mean?

happened to me but the third time i said it she told me she heard me the first time and it hurt pretty bad

EcksDee

>If I had a nickel for every girl that I know who looks through me like I was a ghost or literally fucking dead. I'd have like 2 dollars

The Veeky Forumsbro struggle we all know all too well.

Bloom... easy on the carrots.

It means she regretted it after because she didn't enjoy it.

can we turn down the var that makes women like insanely irresistible?

you're a fool

When I was 17 I quoted a Peter Hitchen's monologue almost ad verbatim while discussing politics with my parents

you irl

user.. easy on the chabon

>The Alchemist
Like the Ben Jonson play?