Is Michel Houellebecq /ourguy/?

Is Michel Houellebecq /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T1YzH4nA6qs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've never been able to read Submission as an implicit endorsement for sharia law in the west simply because he tailors the novel to everyone who goes online to post tfw no gf with the arranged marriages

He's really more like sluthate's guy Tbh, Veeky Forums is too bluepill to appreciate him.

*as anything other than an

Great writer, but a bitter little man, scared of life and rationalizing his fear through "tfw when to intelligent to go out there and try stuff."

so yeah, probably our guy

this

> D&D bridge goblin
> our guy

> be handsome parisian
> refugee crisis, hip-hop and malcolm x literally turns you into urak-hai

Yes.

Submission was great.

I always wondered how Houellebecq could change so much in appearance. He looked like a good looking guy back in the day. Now he looks like an (ex) drug addict or (ex) alcoholic or both. What happened to him?

He seriously looks like someone who enjoyed amphetamines and hard liquor a bit too much.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the three of his books. Looking forward to reading the rest of his ouvre.

Well he aint no Houelle Becq girl

Michel your skin looks awful... eat a few carrots

> Living outside Dublin, where Houellebecq moved from Paris last year, helps: he knows almost no one in the city and doesn't like to speak English. When I rang the bell of his suburban town house in June, I was the first person to have done so in quite some time. Houellebecq answered the door in stocking feet, blinked at me with his sad brown eyes and ushered me into the living room. He curled up in a chair with a pack of Silk Cuts and a bottle of Jim Beam and hardly moved for the entire weekend. He murmured obligingly in response to my questions, but finishing a sentence often proved beyond him. Whatever energy he had seemed mostly consumed by the quiet labor of existing. Houellebecq's wife, Marie-Pierre, came and went, refilling liquor glasses and emptying the ashtray. By late afternoon, the room was choked with smoke, and Houellebecq was no longer sober. Through a door, half hidden behind some drapes, was a balcony and directly beyond it the gray expanse of the Irish Sea. When I asked Houellebecq when the tide came in, he seemed taken aback. "I know it moves," he reflected, "but we shut the curtains."

That was 17 years ago.

>I am listening an interview of him right now
so yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=T1YzH4nA6qs
( in french tho)

I was probably his youngest french fan for a while. A very ugly female teacher borrow me his poems in high school. Then I read all this books, then I was smoking like him like a retard.

I'vs also seen the Palais de Tokyo exhibition, and the room devoted to his ex dog. Submission is his worst book.
Idk if you can easily find subtitles but there is a few movies with him as an actor, like l'enlèvement de Michel Houellebecq and NDE.

For french lecturers the "cahiers de l'herne" about him is a must.

Submission was a great utopian novel

i havent read 'submission' but what i've heard about it sounds like /pol/ fan fiction, is it actually any good? is it well written or just controversial

He's not that great, its just that Veeky Forums and /pol/ tourists don't read much. To them he's an outstanding prophet

MGTOW for intellectuals

BTFO

it's ok, but the huysmans stuff are actually great

> refugee crisis, hip-hop and malcolm x literally turns you into urak-hai
>he doesn't know

user...

Yes, women must be brought to heel

He literally looks like a Goblin; people would take him more seriously if he didn't look like a Disney villain.

More just atomisation senpai. Men have been warped by post-1968 sexual mores just as much as women

I ain't no Houellebecq girl

No I ain't no Houellebecq girl

you mean ?

Tried to read it when I was younger. Got bored by his prose and didn't finish the book. I might give it a second chance.

There isn't a single French author that's "that great".

Desole, quoi.

It's far from /pol/ fan fiction and would probably outrage some of the less self-aware ones due to its depiction of the right wing parties of France eventually allying themselves with the Muslims. The backdrop of an Islamic France is just used as a vehicle for the "submission" of the title. It isn't used as a dystopian SHTF scenario.

>i've heard about it sounds like /pol/ fan fiction

None of the people who say that have actually read his shit. They're just belching out whatever histrionics they read on /r/books.

Most of his works relentlessly mock the shit out of the dickless nihilism that has overcome western Europe.

I've read Atomised and Submission (the latter in French and the former in English, though the prose seemed to have been translated well since I got the same feel from it as I did the French of Submission).

After reading both novels, both of which I have found insight in and enjoyed, I'm worrying that he may be a bit of a one-trick pony. Both are very similar in terms of the characters and their predicaments, and theme wise their takes on modernity are similar. Houellebecq has got a fixation on middle-aged depressed men with sexually disappointing lives, perhaps because he writes about what he knows well.

houellebecq's themes of sexual frustration are literally impossible for normies to understand but something hardly anyone else writes about. he's very good and perceptive.

I often see Houellebeck being mentioned on this board, are you guys serious ? Here in France this guy is considered a bestselling author for dirty normies and pseuds. He's like a meme people read at the beach. He's the marketing embodiement of our long lasting tradition of "trying to look like intellectuals". Don't be fooled, please

*left

France is a nation of pseuds and their posturing literati can't be expected to identify literary talent in their own country. The fact that the French literary establishment looks down on him is an unintentional endorsement

It's up to us anglophones to decide which French authors are good as the French themselves are aesthetically incapable

t. never read Houellebecq

So much this.

It is a nation of pseuds, that was my point. But you're wrong if you think that the literary establishment is looking down on him. The whole parisian ""intellectual"" elite is sucking his micropenis at every cocktail party (maybe less since his last book, it triggered some people). The sexual frustration discussed in this thread is just a posture. That's what he sells.

Still, he's also the author your mom would read at the beach, and this is not paradoxical because France

No, he's a Roux de Poux

He only got the wives because he was a successful professor. Most of y'all ain't getting shit

Has anyone read platform?

Yes. Top tier.

J'ai lu Lanzarote, was pretty weak desu