What music do you enjoy listening to whilst reading?

What music do you enjoy listening to whilst reading?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5UJOaGIhG7A
youtube.com/watch?v=YOe0d0VhAgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Y'know, it'd help if you polsted a link or namedropped it bc I genuinly have no idea what that album is.

Y'know, the title of the album and the artist's name are right there in the file name "eluvium-false-[1]...", and there is that little dark arrow pointing right, next to the [Reply] button that allows you to image search that pic with google

Y'know?

My apologies

It's "False Readings On" by Eluvium

>Being a user in Veeky Forums
>Implying I can read

u avin a giggle m8

brown noise on youtube or ambient at a stretch, maybe a fan on too. i don't know why anyone would listen to actual music while reading because you're splitting your concentration between two art forms

>listening whilst reading

If you're listening to something with lyrics then you're probably one of those bullshit artists who think multitasking makes them more efficient.

I generally don't. There is already music in prose. Not in some pretentious neopagan hippie bullshit sense, but technically.

Reading enough poetry should, I think, lead anyone to the same conclusion. If you're listening to music you leave very little room for listening to what you're reading.

Having said all that, you might enjoy pic related if you don't know it already.

>Having said all that, you might enjoy pic related if you don't know it already.

Yes indeed I do. A lot of the music released on Erased Tapes is good background music for reading imo.

Do you always listen to music when you read? Obviously you disagree with my sense of it.

>Do you always listen to music when you read?

Not always, no. If I'm reading in a sufficiently quiet place and feeling calm and unstressed I won't listen to music as I read fiction.

However if there is noticeable ambient noise I find music helps. I live in London so this happens a lot. For example when I'm reading on the tube or train, I'll have my headphones in and listen to something like Niels Frahm, Olafur Arnalds, AWVFTS, etc.

I also like having music in the background when I'm reading non-fiction like a history book.

I typically avoid music with lyrics.

Very occasionally, if a book has put me in a certain mood, I'll use music to enhance it. E.g. recently I was reading Three Stigmata by PKD and I felt the need to put some Godspeed You, Black Emperor! on in the background.

>Godspeed You, Black Emperor!
*ahem* its Godspeed You! Black Emperor now

>Chon

S-sorry

Fair enough. If it helps you in certain situations (or even enhances your reading, who am I to say?) then I can't fault you for it beyond what I've already suggested about the musicality of writing itself.

I like your idea of non-fiction background music. Sometimes I get sleepy reading topics that don't naturally compel me/I'm just shit at, but that I want to understand nonetheless. Maybe it would perk me up.

You might enjoy pic related too.

Chill electronic shit
Piano
Neoclassical

Some of my favorites:
Peter Broderick
Dustin O hallaran
Johann johannsson
Tyondai Braxton
Tim Hecker
Aiden Baker
The Flashbulb (Benn Jordan)
Ben Frost

Musical acts I'm a fan of
Stars of the Lid
Nadja
Winged Victory for the Sullen

I also love instrumental hip hop too, so stuff like RJD2 Bonobo, Blockhead, Gramatik, and Bibio all take a reasonable level of talent to create.

Thanks I'll check it out

that album pictured fucking rocks

youtu.be/5UJOaGIhG7A
I've read 1984 to this on repeat
best feel ever

16 hour playlist of cliff racer audio from TES III: Morrowind.

Something droney,low and repetious

Stuff like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=YOe0d0VhAgA