Who's the bigger meme?

Who's the bigger meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JA60L_NQYm0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ims9qUURMYI
youtube.com/watch?v=tgSN5WykNz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YESH
Here I claim we see two sides of the same coin, ah yesh, both have a dedicated fanbase, and so on and so on. NO, I do not mean to see, you know, blah, blah, blah, and so on and so on NO my gott, what I mean to say is that essentially they are the same perverted beast, but, this I think is important, only one is funny

Define bigger meme. If funnier, Zizek. If more of a pseud, JBP.

*neurosciences behind you*

heh...

Definitely Peterson.

*Collapses in front of you*

>everyone that doesn't like peterson must be a brony antifascist
back to /pol/, faggot

Why does Zizek have more prestige among intellectuals than Peterson? He's not any more insightful than Peterson.

lmao

>among intellectuals
Which intellectuals do you speak of?

And Zizek ironically worships Stalin. They both occasionally do and say retarded shit, and occasionally say something insightful.

Remember that time Zizek got away with plagiarism because he's a leftist and therefore isn't subject to the same levels of academic rigor?

did you need a trigger warning

>And Zizek ironically worships Stalin
[citation needed]

Ironically worshipping someone you despise is nowhere near as bad as saying something as stupid as Peterson just did.
He has a poster of Stalin.

youtube.com/watch?v=JA60L_NQYm0

He doesn't, it is a joke, but what irks me that if he had choosen third reich moustache man, his reputation would tainted. I can agree that communism is not ideology of hatred but Stalin was a murderous leader, and could very well deserve the same treatment as Hitler

>is nowhere near as bad as saying something as stupid as Peterson just did.
Zizek says stupid shit all the time. Peterson is saying that in order to act in the world without being inhibited by nihilistic feelings of meaninglessness and uncertainty, one needs to have faith that God exists and that life isn't just a byproduct of random mechanical processes. The will to seek useful knowledge requires the assumption that that knowledge isn't just being dumped into the void of time, and that it won't just be meaningless once human beings become extinct.

I don't agree with this reasoning, but it's not retarded.

I think Peterson is smart, but he tries to stray into fields he knows nothing about and then he looks like an idiot

>clothes in the kitchen

that is genuinely the most bizarre thing i've ever seen. how do you even come up with that? a lot of shit in this word is weird but this is some next level trolling i am so fucking confused

can we have a meme meetup? Get thunderfoot, sam harris, jordan peterson, slavoj zizek, richard dawkins, daniel dennett, potholer, norm mcdonald, joe rogan and bill maher. Put them in one room and livestream the results on youtube

I think the joke is a joke. He's secretly full tankie.

>secretly
That's just paranoia of yours.

Zizek is a great mind. Peterson is a mediocre US based psychologist. Weaboos used to praise Zizek as a father until this Kermit Frog Voiced faggot showed as a edge public figure weaboos could identify with.

nothing personnel, kid

Jordan Peterson is the Sam Harris of people who are like Sam Harris yet manage to be inferior to Sam Harris.

I mean how pathetic can you be

>I'd prefer it if you refered to me by female pronouns

>I REFUSE!!!!!!! THIS WILL BE MY CRUSADE!!!!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Zizek is a great mind.
Holy shit. There's someone out there who actually believes this.

Who knows, maybe underneath the jokes and the so on and so ons, a true psychopathic, misanthropic, monster lurks, ready to mass kill in the name of Lacan and Hegel

I hope we will never find out

Yeah i even read some of his books and tried to spend time understanding the hegelian and lacanian theoretical framework. Isn't THAT JUST crazy?

I kekd
Sam is the biggest vulgar meme

>Dennett
>meme
Thanks Veeky Forums.

No.

He is the Malcolm Gladwell of philosophy, I tried one of his books and have seen him in mentioned in other books, and most of what he does is introducing new words to look at things differently, but it is hardly profound from what I've seen

I wasn't criticizing, I hate him, I just wasn't aware he was a meme.

user... easy on the mental gymnastics

Ah I see,
Meme can mean different things,
From something popular to a joke
That's how I use it anyway

As a philosopher Peterson is a meme and I am saying this as an extreme reactionary. I do think he is legit as a erudite self-help guru.

Because philosophy isn't coaching.

Neither are great but I'd take Zizek reducing everything down to toilets and misc. Euro banter than someone who is like "Dude, you can fix your life by conceiving it in terms of a video game plot!"

>could very well deserve the same treatment as Hitler

could? what is the cut-off for being treated like hitler? because I can't think of a single thing that Hitler did which Stalin didn't also do

The "Proof itself, of any sort, is impossible without an axiom" is true, his conclusion seems stupid though.

Peterson has what, like 1 academic book. Zizek has more output than Habermas by now. Also unlike Paterson who can't understand his hated post-modernists, Zizek frequently gives a shout-out and incorporates right-wing thinkers in his writings.

zizek's whole career has been about assblasting derrideans and deleuzeans

youtube.com/watch?v=Ims9qUURMYI

also this
youtube.com/watch?v=tgSN5WykNz0

There's lots of legitimate criticisms of Peterson and followers. This is not one of them.

Peterson is opposed to non-binary gender pronouns, not transgendered individuals

cool

I'm not even sure that's true. It seems to me he just doesn't want the state to be able to coerce him into saying anything, it just so happens to be strange pronouns.

>things are true because feelings

Peterson is an actual scholar, Zizek has contributed nothing intellectually to the world.

G*d fucking damnit, I want to empty my balls inside Kuro.

Can we throw in Janusz Korwin-Mikke in too? If you really want a battle of the meme lords, you need KORWIN

Do you guys even public intellectual?

well he's erudite if you compare him to clinically retarded people like tony robbins

Don't mind the language I've chosen, I think we can agree that both were of the same class of horrible. I can agree with you that we shouldn't play number games, or whatever, and just call them for what they are.
But I have to say it makes it more difficult for some other nations, which do not have such obvious crimes.

id love to see a debate or even casual chat with both of them. Who could make that happen?

Who isn't a fucking meme at this point?

Veeky Forums just gives Peterson a hard time because he uploads his lectures to Youtube and because he doesn't conveniently support their ideology.

I think he has a lot of valuable things to say, especially in contributing to subverting the shitty Enlightenment dichotomy of scientific theism and scientific atheism.

you realize you can think someone is a moron AND not agree with the belief system they have?

theyre more or less the same when it comes to psychoanalytics and christianity

They only really differ in politics but thats not necessarily all that important

I do

Tbqh both of their opinions on christianity disgust me, but at least Zizek doesn't LARP as a christian.

Why? It's the best thing we've got in this world.

What's funny is they're doing the same thing for different crowds and their politics are the same. I guess the main way to be public intellectual these days is to try to be everyone's dad.

Depends on if you take the pragmatist route or not. If so, it is valid.

Foucault and Dugin are even memier.

I dont understand why people would have an issue with either Peterson or Zizek.

Sure Peterson can be a little self invalidating by attaching himself to some type of counter SJW ideology on the political scale but Zizek does the same, more or less, by larping as a Stalinist. Those points are the most irrelevant part of both of those men's ideas, theyre just tacked on bits of ideology that they either enjoy or have some type of relief in the same way as anybody else would. What is important about both is how they develop the idea of reality and the unconscious mind through the philosophical canon of psychoanalytics. There is no reason to hate either one or devalue one or the other for ideological reasons, in fact that idea of disliking one or the other because of their political ideology despite being very similar in their understanding and lecturing on pshycoanalytics and christianity is a fantastic example of the type of ideology Zizek is famous for critiquing.

This guy gets it.

so you agree that your autistic reasons are as moronic as peterson? cool.

I'm not sure you comprehended my post.

>Zizek's favorite movie is about incest
Hmm tough choice user..

you clearly didn't understand mine or it was a sad attempt at making some sort of comeback which doesn't make any sense.

Maybe we're just doomed to flounder in obscurity.

If you're going to LARP as an intellectual giving WITTY SHARP COMEBACKS try some basic reading comprehension skills first

I'm just making a joke. You're the one with no reading comprehension m8.

>finally get around to reading Zizek
>When the hegelian-marxist framwork of society interacts with capitalism the modern capitalist is in what we call the "salaried manager" in which he is judged by his "skill" and his "ability" which according to (insert random academic from the 90's here) is a faulty concept and an excuse for the "managerial bourgeois" to pay the lower "skilled" laborers less money due to them not having "ability" which is why the United States does nothing but import goods from other nations subjugating them through it's violent imperialism in nations such as Vietnam and the Philippines and so on and so on.

He's a fucking hack.
A funny hack. But I hack none the less.

You're doing it with every post. It's more sad than anything t b h.

Say what you will of Zizek but I don't see an International Journal of Peterson Studies anywhere

Veeky Forums gives Peterson a hard time because Peterson constantly says retarded shit like

Ur mom was pretty sad when I had to leave last night

>constantly

Even sadder to see your soft LARP shell crumble.

Yes. Every time he mentions Jung, for example, it's something retarded. The only reason he got famous was because he said something retarded.

Jung is like a mediocre high-fantasy fiction writer who decided to take his imagination literally.

Oh and let's not forget when Peterson starts talking about "postmodernism".

Give me a good example.

About his retarded interpretations of Jung? Every claim that he bases on Jung's idea of the collective unconscious and especially how it relates to evolution. I'd love to go through his Youtube lectures for choice quotes but I'm far too busy for that.

How convenient. Too busy reading Lacan or whatever the fuck

If you're at all familiar with his lectures you should know what I'm talking about already.

>Too busy reading
Yes, actually, I recommend it to you as well instead of clinging onto Youtube celebrities like Peterson

I am familiar with Peterson, but I fail to see how any of his claims about Jung and evolution are retarded.

Also, having to call Peterson a Youtube celebrity as an insult is pretty ridiculous. He's a highly respected psychologist. I could debase anyone by pointing out they fart or whatever. "Oh that guy? He's a farter. Can you believe people listen to him?"

>to_catch_a_predator.jpg

Friendly reminder that Peterson's understanding of postmodernism comes not from its primary sources, but from a book written by a randian.

Peterson but Zizek is the higher quality meme.

You're forgetting Rupi Kaur.

No, it isn't. Zizek's favorite movie is the Jack Benny version of To Be or Not To Be.

because dude communism lmao

> watching him try to build a case for moral objectivism and being spanked by real intellectuals

I almost died from second hand cringe. Memorising a thesaurus doesn't make you the smart apparently.

where did you watch that? i want 2watch2