Novel is written in the first person

>novel is written in the first person

>novel is written in the second person

>Novel isn't written

>novel is written

>thread contains an image of Kanye west

As if statues like this aren't worse, it is like the fedora of profile pictures, people use it to signal to others "look I'm smart and sophisticated"

you have to find the middle ground

>It's a novel by Hesse

>tumblr nose

Nothing inherently wrong with this. Book of the New Sun does this extremely well.

There are exceptions, but for the most part the first person POV is now strictly for children and immature adults. It was a legitimate way to tell a story back when, but the nature of respectable writing has changed and first person has become the perspective of the hyperemotional self-absorbed hack. First person is juvenile and unserious, and no adult male who wants to be taken seriously by other adult males should be writing in first person.

>inb4 is he trolling?
I'm not trolling, you 316 pages into my never-to-be-read diary of teenage angst, faggot. Stop writing in first person, write like an adult, you weak child.

>Writes angry paragraph somehow containing both sexism and homophobia about 1st person POV

>Calls others juvenile

>thinks sexism and homophobia are real
>threatened by meanies speaking in decisive tones on the internet
Don't post again until your balls drop.

>chapter is narrated by random named character that disappears afterwards

*unnamed

>novel

>taken seriously by other adult males
Sounds a bit gay tbpqfhwyfam. What kind of a childish show off wants to be taken seriously? The thing about real adults is, they miss being children. It's the child who wants to pretend so bad to be an adult.

>novel

White adult males are the only group that matters, and there's nothing gay about stating that. Otherwise it sounds like you agree that those who write in first person have issues being adults.

un homme qui dort is great.

"Adult" is a spook.

>anything ever

>novel's narrator changes between different characters within the story, sometimes continuing in the same timeline as the previous narration, or going back or forward in time in the new perspective and often giving no indication that the narrator has changed

if you can name the book i love you

Illuminatus!

Sound and the Fury? But the characters are indicated

>character eats too many carrots