Post ur fav nietzsche quotations

post ur fav nietzsche quotations

"Hey! You! Yes, you! The one reading this! Please help, I'm trapped in this book! I don't know how it happened, but I've become trapped in my own book! It smells so badly in here. Please get me out!"

-Fredrich Nietzsche

"I bet I could fuck that horse! Yiff yiff"

To human beings who are of any concern to me, I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities--I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished--I have no pity for them because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not: that one endures.

"everyone on Veeky Forums is a complete psued

Zarathustra is no longer a scholar.

"Plato is boring."

"Lo, this is the tarantula's den! Would'st thou see the tarantula itself? Here hangeth its web: touch this, so that it may tremble.
There cometh the tarantula willingly: Welcome, tarantula! Black on thy back is thy triangle and symbol; and I know also what is in thy soul.
Revenge is in thy soul: wherever thou bitest, there ariseth black scab; with revenge, thy poison maketh the soul giddy!
Thus do I speak unto you in parable, ye who make the soul giddy, ye preachers of equality! Tarantulas are ye unto me, and secretly revengeful ones!
But I will soon bring your hiding-places to the light: therefore do I laugh in your face my laughter of the height.
Therefore do I tear at your web, that your rage may lure you out of your den of lies, and that your revenge may leap forth from behind your word "justice."
Because, for man to be redeemed from revenge—that is for me the bridge to the highest hope, and a rainbow after long storms.
Otherwise, however, would the tarantulas have it. "Let it be very justice for the world to become full of the storms of our vengeance"—thus do they talk to one another.
"Vengeance will we use, and insult, against all who are not like us"—thus do the tarantula-hearts pledge themselves.
"And 'Will to Equality'—that itself shall henceforth be the name of virtue; and against all that hath power will we raise an outcry!"
Ye preachers of equality, the tyrant-frenzy of impotence crieth thus in you for "equality": your most secret tyrant-longings disguise themselves thus in virtue-words!
Fretted conceit and suppressed envy—perhaps your fathers' conceit and envy: in you break they forth as flame and frenzy of vengeance.
What the father hath hid cometh out in the son; and oft have I found in the son the father's revealed secret.
Inspired ones they resemble: but it is not the heart that inspireth them—but vengeance. And when they become subtle and cold, it is not spirit, but envy, that maketh them so.
Their jealousy leadeth them also into thinkers' paths; and this is the sign of their jealousy—they always go too far: so that their fatigue hath at last to go to sleep on the snow.
In all their lamentations soundeth vengeance, in all their eulogies is maleficence; and being judge seemeth to them bliss.
But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful!
They are people of bad race and lineage; out of their countenances peer the hangman and the sleuth-hound.
Distrust all those who talk much of their justice! Verily, in their souls not only honey is lacking.
And when they call themselves "the good and just," forget not, that for them to be Pharisees, nothing is lacking but—power!

How many times did he scream the german equivalent of "FUCK" at the top of his lungs after smashing his tootsies against a table leg/corner wall/counter?

My friends, I will not be mixed up and confounded with others.
There are those who preach my doctrine of life, and are at the same time preachers of equality, and tarantulas.
That they speak in favour of life, though they sit in their den, these poison-spiders, and withdrawn from life—is because they would thereby do injury.
To those would they thereby do injury who have power at present: for with those the preaching of death is still most at home.
Were it otherwise, then would the tarantulas teach otherwise: and they themselves were formerly the best world-maligners and heretic-burners.
With these preachers of equality will I not be mixed up and confounded. For thus speaketh justice unto me: "Men are not equal."
And neither shall they become so! What would be my love to the Superman, if I spake otherwise?
On a thousand bridges and piers shall they throng to the future, and always shall there be more war and inequality among them: thus doth my great love make me speak!
Inventors of figures and phantoms shall they be in their hostilities; and with those figures and phantoms shall they yet fight with each other the supreme fight!
Good and evil, and rich and poor, and high and low, and all names of values: weapons shall they be, and sounding signs, that life must again and again surpass itself!
Aloft will it build itself with columns and stairs—life itself into remote distances would it gaze, and out towards blissful beauties- therefore doth it require elevation!
And because it requireth elevation, therefore doth it require steps, and variance of steps and climbers! To rise striveth life, and in rising to surpass itself.
And just behold, my friends! Here where the tarantula's den is, riseth aloft an ancient temple's ruins—just behold it with enlightened eyes!
Verily, he who here towered aloft his thoughts in stone, knew as well as the wisest ones about the secret of life!
That there is struggle and inequality even in beauty, and war for power and supremacy: that doth he here teach us in the plainest parable.
How divinely do vault and arch here contrast in the struggle: how with light and shade they strive against each other, the divinely striving ones.—
Thus, steadfast and beautiful, let us also be enemies, my friends! Divinely will we strive against one another!—
Alas! There hath the tarantula bit me myself, mine old enemy! Divinely steadfast and beautiful, it hath bit me on the finger!
"Punishment must there be, and justice"—so thinketh it: "not gratuitously shall he here sing songs in honour of enmity!"
Yea, it hath revenged itself! And alas! now will it make my soul also dizzy with revenge!
That I may not turn dizzy, however, bind me fast, my friends, to this pillar! Rather will I be a pillar-saint than a whirl of vengeance!
Verily, no cyclone or whirlwind is Zarathustra: and if he be a dancer, he is not at all a tarantula-dancer!—
Thus spake Zarathustra."

174. Apart

Parliamentarianism—that is, public permission to choose between five basic political opinions—flatters and wins the favor of all those who would like to seem independent and individual, as if they fought for their opinions. Ultimately, however, it is indifferent whether the herd is commanded to have one opinion or permitted to have five. Whoever deviates from the five public opinions and stands apart will always have the whole herd against him.

Ich bin kein Mensch, ich bin Dynamit.

Throw roses into the abyss and say: 'here is my thanks to the monster who didn't succeed in swallowing me alive

From the Chapter "Why I am so Wise" in "Ecce Homo"

Here are a few more indications as to my morality. A heavy meal is digested more easily than an inadequate one. The first principle of a good digestion is that the stomach should become active as a whole. A man ought, therefore, to know the size of his stomach. For the same reasons all those interminable meals, which I call interrupted sacrificial feasts, and which are to be had at any table d'hôte, are strongly to be deprecated. Nothing should be eaten between meals, coffee should be given up—coffee makes one gloomy. Tea is beneficial only in the morning. It should be taken in small quantities, but very strong. It may be very harmful, and indispose you for the whole day, if it be taken the least bit too weak. Everybody has his own standard in this matter, often between the narrowest and most delicate limits. In an enervating climate tea is not a good beverage with which to start the day: an hour before taking it an excellent thing is to drink a cup of thick cocoa, freed from oil. Remain seated as little as possible, put no trust in any thought that is not born in the open, to the accompaniment of free bodily motion—nor in one in which even the muscles do not celebrate a feast. All prejudices take their origin in the intestines. A sedentary life, as I have already said elsewhere, is the real sin against the Holy Spirit.

"No one can build you the bridge on which you, and only you, must cross the river of life. There may be countless trails and bridges and demigods who would gladly carry you across; but only at the price of pawning and forgoing yourself. There is one path in the world that none can walk but you. Where does it lead? Don’t ask, walk!"

>This is the greatest error that has ever been committed, the essential fatality of error on earth: one believed one possessed a criterion of reality in the forms of reason--while in fact one possessed them in order to become master of reality, in order to misunderstand reality in a shrewd manner

Plato was right about everything.

-Nietzsche

"That which does not give you an ouchie is A-okay!"

-Fredrich Nittzcss

It's quite convenient to slander a dead man, isn't it? Aren't you just the perfect form of cowardliness? I suspect that you would tremble in fear if Plato were still alive. You did know that he had a passion for wrestling, didn't you? Don’t tell me you didn’t know that...And wherever Plato traversed, Socrates was not far behind. Ah yes, Socrates, the brutish scourge who laid waste to Potidaea. I can just imagine it, Socrates grinding your soul into dust laying on question after question revealing your intellectual feebleness to the world. I can see it now, your begging him to stop, your knees trembling and sweat pours from your brow...Once again, it's convenient of you to slander the dead. Maybe you should think things through before you go running your mouth, Tommy Tough Guy.

"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'Why doesn't Lou like me?'

"Seize the day by the titties"

- Fred Neetzsche

"I'm gay".

TNT

You've got it wrong, friendo. I'm no hater of Plato. I just happen to enjoy Feisty Freddy's savage put-downs. Speaking of which, calling Plato boring may be an insult, but it isn't slander. Plato often is quite boring. Have you read some of those dialogues? It's all "Yes, Socrates. I agree Socrates. I suppose you're right, Socrates." for line after line. What a snooze. When Plato's good, he's good, but when he's bad... I'd respect Mr. Forms more if he didn't strawman his opponents as much, and the dialogues weren't nearly as one-sided. Still, his intellectual achievements do merit admiration.

As for Socrates, mouthpiece of Plato, hero of the Peloponnesian War, and famous "lover of boys", yes I can see it now. My palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms spaghetti, as he approaches me, a glint in his eye. "Hey, baby. I haven't seen you around before? Where are you from? Any plans tonight? I bet you've never been with a war hero before. Wanna get wild? I really wanna penetrate the innermost depths of your soul and help you recall the knowledge you had when you were united with the forms in heaven, but you've since forgotten because of the trauma associated with your incarnation into a material body." I'd probably blush, stare at my feet, and mumble something stupid. Socrates was fucking smooth. Lay me bare, he would.

>He's dead so you can't criticize him!
But I'm pretty sure this is a pasta.

"The history of the moral sensations is the history of an error, the error of accountability, which rests of on the error of freedom of will."

This perfectly sums up what has always felt off about moralistic worldviews to me.

>reading nietzsche in english

kek

>You must be proud of your enemy: then the successes of your enemy are also your successes.

>War and courage have done more great things than charity. Not your sympathy but your bravery has saved the unfortunate.

>By our best enemies we do not want to be spared, nor by those whom we love from the ground up.

>The ancient savor of nobility is lacking in us, because the ancient slave is lacking in our sentiment.

>One has renounced the great life when one renounces war.

>Did you ever say yes to a pleasure? Then you also said yes to all pain. All things are linked, entwined, in love with one another.

nietzsche only published texts which didnt lose meaning when translated to latin and back. it's like using translate.google nowadays to check how robust your text is.
>but muh nietzschean antilogocentricism
he also admitted that he was polish, so reading him in german would be a mistake as a consequent antilogocentrist

>You must be proud of your enemy: then the successes of your enemy are also your successes.
disagree. one should only be proud of enemy, AFTER one has defeated him.

>admitted that he was polish
he *claimed* that he was polish, a claim that he almost certainly knew was nonsense.

"Much about your good people moves me to disgust, and it is not their evil I mean. How I wish they possessed a madness through which they could perish, like this pale criminal.
Truly I wish their madness were called truth or loyalty or justice: but they possess their virtue in order to live long and in a miserable ease."

From Thus Spoke Zarathustra

nope he wrote about encounters with poles in his diary desu and how they regularly identified him as /theirguy/.

He may have believed it, but it's still nonsense.

>Most scholars dispute Nietzsche's account of his family's origins. Hans von Müller debunked the genealogy put forward by Nietzsche's sister in favor of a Polish noble heritage.[98] Max Oehler, the curator of the Nietzsche Archive at Weimar, argued that all of Nietzsche's ancestors bore German names, even the wives' families.[94] Oehler claims that Nietzsche came from a long line of German Lutheran clergymen on both sides of his family, and modern scholars regard the claim of Nietzsche's Polish ancestry as a "pure invention".[99] Colli and Montinari, the editors of Nietzsche's assembled letters, gloss Nietzsche's claims as a "mistaken belief" and "without foundation."[100][101] The name Nietzsche itself is not a Polish name, but an exceptionally common one throughout central Germany, in this and cognate forms (such as Nitsche and Nitzke). The name derives from the forename Nikolaus, abbreviated to Nick; assimilated with the Slavic Nitz, it first became Nitsche and then Nietzsche.[94] It is not known why Nietzsche wanted to be thought of as Polish nobility. According to biographer R. J. Hollingdale, Nietzsche's propagation of the Polish ancestry myth may have been part of his "campaign against Germany".[94]

In before muh wikipedia, plenty of sources given in the entry.

Knowing Nietzsche, he probably wasn't making any distinction between the biological, metaphorical and symbolical when he wrote that he was Polish. He writes in symbols and he regularly moves past the philosophy disciple's error of separating them from what is "real". We don't know for certain what he was characterizing as Polish but you can infer that he meant that spiritually and culturally he was connected to the Polish more than the Germans. Him pulling a Polish surname similar to his in order to reinforce the claim further was just part of his intense roleplaying, if that makes sense.

What the fuck is this?

This is some spectacular pasta.

Thanks, user.

"fucking die"

it was pro-german to maintain that nietzsche was german. it's anti-german to maintain that nietzsche only larped as pole because he hated germans.
but proving that nietzsche was a pole has no major purpose for anybody.

I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best. — Friedrich Nietzsche

>but proving that nietzsche was a pole has no major purpose for anybody.
And yet it will be, if such evidence should appear.

"if you are going to see a woman bring a whip"-thus spoke zaratustra.
this is a poor tranlsation form my lenguage sorry.

kekd

People want philosophy to be easy; to be made out of easily remembered maxims and small wisdoms. To ask for a favourite Nietzsche quotation is like asking what is my favourite sentence by Joyce. I could name you one, but it is a petty question, and I would much rather tell you what my favourite book or short story would be.

"When a woman becomes a scholar there is usually something wrong with her sexual organs."

"DUDE WEED LMAO!"

fucka bitch in the ass. ay, ay, ay, ay - friedrich nietzsche

Zarathustra be cry

I like the table destroyers part from Zarathustra.
Bring it up myself fairly often too.

Here he says endurance is what proves one's worth. How is that not the slave morality he loathes so deeply?

he's not hegel bro
master-slave morality has nothing to do with the master-slave dialectic

>defeating

wew lad