Post books you immediately judge people for

Post books you immediately judge people for.

>pic related
If you have this I automatically assume you're an edgelord

y

What is it about that book that attracts such an audience? It does indeed seem that a lot of kids read it and think they're now commanders or some shit.

>Harry Potter
Literal manchildren
>1984
"Wow Orwell was so right we're literally living in a dystopia now!"
>Atlas shrugged
No explanation needed
>The Bible
Gullible idiots whose personalities range from stupid to ignorant, belief in religion is the absolute lowest of intellectual judgement.

>Gullible idiots whose personalities range from stupid to ignorant, belief in religion is the absolute lowest of intellectual judgement.
This is bait but lacking Socratic insight would be the actual lowest of intellectual judgement.

Because they've heard some line from the book in their video games about how you shouldn't trust anyone and think that quoting the book somehow makes you a strategic genius.

But doesn't bring a lot of knowledge concerning ancient warfare? If someone was writing a period piece, I imagine it's a worthwhile read along with other texts.

>The Greeks
This person is not capable of critical thought and just follows what everyone reads
>Infinite Jest
The same

>Atlas shrugged
>No explanation needed

But please do.

I think it's an important work because it shows what capitalists actually think/do/believe.

It doesn't really, it just says
>put your men in a good formation
>high ground good, low ground bad
>soldiers need to obey orders

Really no groundbreaking stuff

Why?

It's a must read. I play a lot of RTS, GSG, and simpler games like Chess. A lot of the wisdom from the book helps in those games.

What else would you suggest? I've already read Thucydides.

Honestly if you didn't read this plus Clausewitz you might as well kill yourself

How so? Few of the points are ever applicable to 98% of the population, the last 2% are either military officers or places where it's only vaguely relevant like business strategy.

I remember this horrendous smelling kid in my school would read a PDF of the Art of War while tabbing out to watch a clip from WWE every so often every lunch time in the library. He once told me he would kill our head teacher for being a 'paki' using what he'd learned by reading it. I threw a snowball at him that winter and he smacked me with his limp arm and chipped my front tooth then cried.

>wants Socratic insight
>fails to infer through logic what implies Christians lack Socratic insight

I know this is bait but..

You shouldn't have thrown a snowball at him

Most people who criticize Ayn Rand have often never read her books or given her the proper charity. This is not to indulge in the views of the Randian cult, since she's clearly not the greatest thing since sliced Aristotle, and her writing doesn't get better than half-decent, but she's obviously influential and touching on something significant. When a kid reads Anthem, they don't think "WTF I'm a capitalist now", they don't think "WTF what a capitalist pig", they think "what a cute story, and they lived happily ever after." The way indoctrinated liberals and communists look at Ayn Rand is nothing short of collective delusion necessary to recognize allies and enemies around them and fight an ideological war against conservatives and libertarians in the United States. And unfortunately, since liberals and communists dominate academia, it has led to the increase of juvenile, uncouth behavior in the collective bashing of Ayn Rand, with downstream effects on intellectual degeneration within academia and political discourse. These stupid virtue-signaling pseuds ruined education for us all who wanted a difference experience from high school.

The book is fine and useful. It's more to do with the kind of people who are drawn to reading it. Its fans have a negative stereotype.

>>The Bible
>Gullible idiots whose personalities range from stupid to ignorant

>ignorant
not ignorant about the bible, because unlike you, the person dedicated time to read it and know it before talking about. (you) are the ignorant

Oh wow man, you actually judge people because they own one of the most important written works of all time. Yeah, some people that buy it only do so for the edge points and the praise they will get when someone sees it but few people have actually read it.
Doesn't help that if you aren't interested in war or at least history, you will not get it as you will take everything it says at face value.
The book advises against "edge" too.

Reading the bible online or borrowing it from the library is alright. Ownership of the book on the other hand means supporting this archaic filth which dictates the thoughts of billions of people right now.
Anyone with just a tiny grasp of rational thinking would come to the realization that most religion is inherited from their parents, and not through rational thinking and careful observation of the world which we inhabit.

>Ownership of the book on the other hand means supporting this archaic filth
Why does ownership signify your statement and actual belief doesn't? I own a copy of the bible but I kinda have to for my studies.
Plus it's pretty cool once read like fiction if a bit annoying at parts.
Furthermore I do implore you to name a more infuential scripture.

>this level of sophistry

>Anyone with just a tiny grasp of rational thinking would come to the realization that most religion is inherited from their parents
>[citation needed]

I myself was born catholic, went to the church very few times throughout the years, my mother stills goes once a week for years and years, however she or my father never forced me or my sister to go. At the 7th grade, I became an atheist, 100% by myself, I wasn't around any atheists or nothing, I just start questioning religion and couldn't find any answers. After 4~5 years being atheist, I started to become more skeptical and was more of an agnostic. Although I always enjoyed subjects connected with religions, specially christianity (even when I was an atheist), after 1 year of agnosticism I read The Divine Comedy (my first Veeky Forums book) and when I finished, I was forced by Dante to start reading literature, studying philosophy and theology. So I did, and am still doing. Started reading The Bible on my own and started going after knowledge.

So, after years of being an atheist 100% by myself, I became a christianfag 100% by myself too.

That shit that people inherit religion for their parents is true, ok, but people will do whatever they think is right, you can't force any religion or atheism or whatever into a person if the person does not believe in it.

Also, what I found out to be very true: 90% of the atheists I knew were obnoxious and ignorant people, they said that old "muh knowledge", "muh I believe in science not in an imaginary friend", but at the same time, they couldn't stand to read 1 (one) single book on the subjet.

>atheism is about knowledge and proofs and science, but let them do the studying, I will just wait for some facebook post to keep regurgitating xD

do you even know what sophism is? I just said he is ignorant about the bible, unlike people who have read it.

Ignorant
adjective
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned:

2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact:
ignorant of the bible.

3. uninformed; unaware.

4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training:

This happens because people find it easier to just parrot things, rather than actually study their supposed beliefs. It's egoism and laziness, basically

>anime posters
LMAO!!!!

Anything written by Robert Green.

Any "red pill" literature.

Anyone who mentions infinite jest in conversation

>he thinks "owning" means "you paid for it"

>I myself was born catholic, went to the church very few times throughout the years, my mother stills goes once a week for years and years
This is a form of child abuse.

This is poor trolling

Children are innocent. They shouldn't be exposed to an evil bronze age book of fables.

>evil bronze age book of fables.
what are you even doing in Veeky Forums? you literally cannot come up with one influential writer that hasn't read, or hell, even hasn't mentioned/referenced the bible sometime in his works

Are you mexican? You have to go back. This applies to Spaniards from Europe as well.

Nah son I was raised super catholic too

The bible is a great book and worth studying, but any book becomes dangerous when you tell people that god wrote it.

I think it's important that people take ideas with a grain of salt, knowing that there could be other opinions. So when you tell people that one book is infallible, it sort of distorts that whole concept. That's where the evil comes from, not from the book itself.

>the American and his UScentrism

no, not mexican nor spanish. but I will give you a clue

>the walls of my house are made of concrete
>my country never suffered a school-shooting
>my country offers free and good state-college for those who can get in
>my country uses celcius and the metric system
>lots of people in my country can speak a second language
>the vast majority of the people is catholic, not protestant

: )

>most religion is inherited from their parents, and not through rational thinking and careful observation of the world which we inhabit.
No, dogma is inherited, religion is discovered. This is a very simplistic way of thinking

>

Sun Tzu is relevant to any person with the slightest agency over decisions in their life. If our incompetent media had an understanding of him, Trump wouldn't be able to humiliate and discredit them at every turn.

>Most people who criticize Ayn Rand have often never read her books or given her the proper charity
>given her the proper charity
Hmm

So am I supposed to not even be interested in a text written more than 2000 years ago? Or am I supposed to read it and immediatly throw it in the trash because I could not STAND THE SHAME that would mean someone discovering that I once read the Art of fucking War?
It's also not a terribly interesting book

That it's the base of contemporary atheism.

I will bet OP is a woman.

The Art of War is a stepping stone to On War by Clausewitz which deals more with what war is actually about: logistics.

This.