Patriarchy

Why are the works of female philosophers not recognized as much as men's works, even when they have been influential??

E.g.

>Anne Conway
English philosopher whose work, in the tradition of the Cambridge Platonists, was an influence on Gottfried Leibniz. Conway's thought is original as it is rationalist philosophy, with hallmarks of gynocentric concerns and patterns, and in that sense it was unique among seventeenth-century systems.[1]

>Damaris Cudworth Masham
English theological writer and advocate for women's education who is characterized as a proto-feminist. She overcame some weakness of eyesight and lack of access to formal higher education to win high regard among eminent thinkers of her time. With an extensive correspondence, she published two works, A Discourse Concerning the Love of God (1696) and Thoughts in reference to a Vertuous or Christian Life (1705). She is particularly noted for her long, mutually-influential friendship with the philosopher John Locke.

>Christine of Pizan
Her early and later allegorical and didactic treatises reflect both autobiographical information about her life and views and also her own individualized and humanist approach to the scholastic learned tradition of mythology, legend, and history she inherited from clerical scholars and to the genres and courtly or scholastic subjects of contemporary French and Italian poets she admired. Supported and encouraged by important royal French and English patrons, she influenced 15th-century English poetry. Her success stems from a wide range of innovative writing and rhetorical techniques that critically challenged renowned writers such as Jean de Meun, author of the Romance of the Rose, which she criticized as immoral.

>Elisabeth of the Palatinate
She influenced many key figures and philosophers, most notably René Descartes. She is most famous for questioning Descartes' idea of Dualism, or the mind being separate from the body, in addition to questioning his theories regarding communication between the mind and body. The written correspondence of Descartes and Elisabeth is regarded as an important philosophical document, giving insight into the theoretical debates of the 17th century.

nice bait of literally whomsts

I can't answer your question that well, and this place soon blows up, but most likely because philosophy is man dominated

>with hallmarks of gynocentric concerns and patterns
>gynocentric
And that's why women are MEMES, literal robots but the robots at least don't have rights, yet

>butler
b/c judith butler is describing the normative & perfectly inevitable state of affairs in semiotic wonderland. zizek already said this

we are all transsexuals now & pic rel knew it. fluidity > everything

smirking at the semiotic apocalypse seems somehow unbecoming

coherency > incoherency

this is not to shit on butler. she's way way smart & would flay me alive. but much of her work strikes me as being in the ocean and wryly commenting that water is wet

we all transsexuals now

deleuze > butler. gender is still metaphysics of difference

lol, look how ugly she is

anyway philosophy sucks, there are some manly women that make good writers like Marguerite Yourcenar, check her out

Nearly every "philosopher" here is a scholar or advocate of expansion of the feminine role. That's rhetorical thought, not philosophical. Also because these are observations on preexisting philosophy societal thought. It's commentary rather than explanation or an attempt to shift a cultural paradigm.

the few smart women tend to be masculine dykes. further proof that femeninity is inimical to intelligence

Fuck off with your feminist bullshit

I disagree with this, it reminds me of the sentiment of "post-race" societies.
Whitepeople: I'm not racist I don't even see race !
PoC: exactly (shrug)
I.e. More rhetorical evasion of the other from white males snug in an academic bunker

You kindly fuck off, this isn't a safe space. We should be able to discuss the whole political spectrum

>white males snug in an academic bunker

oh the keks
the keks
the keks

progressivism: not even once

It's kind of unlike you to resort to that kind of bullshit my dude.

>patriarchy

How many women do you genuinely think will stop giving a fuck about this once they finish college and get their first real job? My assumption is quite a lot.

you know what? you're right. i've shitposted too much today & i'm starting to sound stupid.

retracted then. b/c you're right. gotta make it look classy & academic politics a meme

thank ye kindly my man

>white males snug in an academic gas chamber
now we're getting there

She's not ugly. She's older, but she's still quite handsome.

Very good
Hey no problem what did your face look like before you had a face?

Why does he wear that stupid girard suit?

dumb af ofc. landscape portrait of sterility sentimentality & fear. like many of the rest. as thoroughly uninteresting as a can of tomatoes

it's always been a fucking dumb-looking site for a stream of signifiers heading nowhere but clouds & circles

tasteful & elegiac silence ftw

So much depends upon
A can of red tomatoes
Wet with juice

Can we get some sort of joint statement by the community of color on whether they want their hue to be seen or not? If yes, it will also be noted on crime stats. If not, their achievements will not be specifically emphasized. Can't have that cake and eat it too.

they call him randy warhol
& when he comes off the top buckle
and delivers the Flying Elbow Smash
the audience is horrified
and covered with peeled tomato fragments
this tiny room
in an old high-school gymnasium somewhere
in delaware perhaps
the site of an awful & obscene mystery
the townsfolk were horrified
children avert your eyes

nothing to see here - rupi kaur

>have i yet atoned
>have i made it yet sufficiently plain
>that i have no fucking idea what i am saying
>or doing with myself
>on this ridiculous planet

Representation is not black and white. First of all, no one is seriously suggesting that the problem with crime statistics is one of representation, although this does tend to compound the problem. Any thinking person of color knows that neoliberal virtue signaling is not the way forward.

Doubt is an essential part of faith after all is said and done. To have one without the other is to have a body without organs. You are probably one of the wisest posters on Veeky Forums; more than likely this site is just an exercise for you but will you die without regrets?

>wisest

i still love this place tho

Could we at least turn this bait into something worthwhile?

Once women understand that their under-representation in certain fields is due to the quality of their contributions rather than prejudice, the sooner they're be able to progress. Anyone who works in any sort of creative field knows how often women coast on their male coworkers, and how men oblige because they want to sleep with them. Men patronize and flatter women, which creates an environment of reliance that isn't conducive to good work.

How may women do you actually know irl?

>the problem with men acting in cowardly sycophantic ways is women
>I can't be myself because these whores seduce me hijabs when???
>I am unhappy with the world but can only describe my unhappiness in ever recursive spirals, the less I see the less I want to see it's too painful
Fucking k.y.s

debating non falsifiable shit post-Platonist philosophy is so gay. Stop making up shit. If it cannot be reached a priori it's fraud/posturing.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. I'm saying that the problem are the men who patronize, and the society at large that views that patronization as synonymous with being accepting and helpful, rather than understanding the condescension for what it really is: a retarded conscious or unconscious attempt at seduction.

Women understand this, which is why they get so upset over being objectified. They want to be perceived as coworkers rather than potential partners, and men are doing a terrible job of doing that.

You're projecting how can you make such broad statements and feel like you've said anything omg. Women do face prejudice and the fact that you pass it off as flattery is so fucking stupid. Look at the world outside of your incredibly narrow experience some time friend.

>women do face prejudice
That's fucking absurd. I don't know if you live in South America or some shit, but in the east coast of the United States women aren't being discriminated against in any institutional manner. Individual cases of discrimination will always exist, but you can't make broad statements about living in a patriarchal society based on anecdotes and exceptions.

>how can you make such broad statements
>Women do face prejudice
> Look at the world outside of your incredibly narrow experience
absolute bait

the opportunities to judge people on the value of their contributions become fewer and fewer, unfortunately. the pussy will continue to be the autowin both socially and professionally in the foreseeable future.

>be Judith Butler
>öaadfjöalsdkfj qeörlkjfadf öaldkfjaödsfj poqweirudas ölakdjfölajdf muh performancitivity
>adfadöflkjqwer dösflkjreotiu ölkdfadsfu aösdlkfjadsf; adöflkjaeroui - adölkfadf - åwer50asödlkfj
>nutriding Failistinians
>despite she'd be thrown out of a window for being a barren dyke