I've been researching some books to buy as I'm not a reader but want to try. Out of these...

I've been researching some books to buy as I'm not a reader but want to try. Out of these, which would you recommend most?:
>The Stranger - Albert Camus
>Nausea - Jean-Paul Satre
>The Prince - Niccolo Machiavelli
>The Outsider - Albert Camus
>The Double and The Gambler - Fyodor Dostoevsky
>The Manuscript Found in Saragossa - Jan Potocki
>Steppenwolf - Hermann Hesse
>The Glass Bead Game - Hermann Hesse

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
archive.org/details/prince_pa_librivox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buying books
the prince

Woah to choose between those should come down to who you are right now OP...

Why start with books like those if you're not already a reader? You will only get bored and never read anything again. Pick up something like Martian by Andy Weir or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams instead.

lol

kek

>Buying books written by dead people
Just go to the library fgt

gen.lib.rus.ec/

Buy books used.
If you're american/british you can get them extremely cheaply on ebay/abebooks or are 2nd hand bookstores if you can be bothered.
I'd recommend getting the dostoevsky edition with the double and notes from underground though.
I would recommend starting with the stranger though.

Well I have read some books, and so I found a website that shows books you might enjoy based on ones you read. I put in Metamorphasis by Franz Kafka and the ones I listed came up. I think they all sound interesting but I'm scared that I will get bored, like you said. I'll go for Martian then. Not interested in Hitchhiker's -- really hated the film.

Great choice. The Martian will be considered a classic in a few decades.

>hated the film

You'll like the books then.

Prince audiobook free in case you ever decide to read it: archive.org/details/prince_pa_librivox

Camus and Hesse are an easy start

Id recommend Dostoyevskys Underground Man over the Double, it might be intimidating if you are just starting but its a short read.

or just go to the library. It will encourage you to finish the book before the due date.

Kek

Regarding Hesse, start with Steppenwolf. Read The Glass Bead Game if you really liked Steppenwolf or if you thought it was interesting but too angsty.

out of those, I've only read the stranger. nausea is on my shelf to be read, and although I can't say anything about it, it is not that big and neither is the gambler by dosto. I'd recommend the stranger, it is a good entry point to actual literature, it is pretty good but still very short and not hard, which can be a good incentive for you to read more.

don't know about the rest, but cross out the prince, no point reading it loosely like this, without context or background.

no idea about the 2 by hesse or that manuscript

link ?

Whyncha read more Kafka, user

NO:
>Nausea - Jean-Paul Satre
>The Prince - Niccolo Machiavelli
>The Double and The Gambler - Fyodor Dostoevsky
>The Manuscript Found in Saragossa - Jan Potocki
>Steppenwolf - Hermann Hesse
>The Glass Bead Game - Hermann Hesse

YES:
>Aristotle - The Organon
>Plato - Complete Works

But really. Dostoevsky's The Idiot and Brothers K. Hesse is okay too. Forget Camus and Sartre.

dont go for the martian you fucking coco suycker

read THE STRANGER, NAUSEA, lmao THE OUTSIDER IS THE STRNANER, and CRIME AND PUNISHMENT by dosto

dint read the fucking martian read big boy books there's no reason you'd get bored. the guy telling you to read the martian or hithcikers guide is a fucking KEK

A friend sent me a pdf of The Stranger. It takes only two or three hours to read, and is a pleasure from start to finish. I'd definitely recommend starting there.

Most of those have the advantage of being short, so pick one at random and move on to the next one.