What are some good examples of a true intellectual...

What are some good examples of a true intellectual, seeing as Veeky Forums likes to call internationally renowned tenured philosophy professors pseuds?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oration_on_the_Dignity_of_Man
twitter.com/AnonBabble

peterson for his views on trannies and leftism/postmodernism/cultural marxism

changed my life. I will not call you 'she', degenerate loser. I'm white and masculine, and you can't attack that, honey. Read Schopenhauer's on Women if you want to know why your inferior

Fito Paez

who?

Peterson never claims that women are inferior to men. You made that up.

*You're.

You go to universities to see the true intellectuals. Those whom you've heard about because they're popular with the masses only talk dumbed down things. That is unless they're talking politics, as the masses are more informed in that area than in other theoretical stuff and actually are interested. But they have to admit they're doing that, even if they have works in other fields (see Chomsky). Peterson is an inferior intellectual because he got famous for politics/self-help while never actually claiming to do that.

Noam Chomsky

>There are people who unironically believe this

I fail to see the problem, care to elaborate?

This, to be completely honest
The greatest living philosopher, for instance, are largely unknown to the masses, even those with a hobbyist interest in field. Only other academics appreciate and dialogue their work

Here's the correct answer. Feel free to ignore any other replies.

>analytic "philosophy"
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nigga if anything people criticize him for being too much of an intellectual

Wrong. You clearly haven't watched him argue with SJWs. When someone asks "what if someone asks you to refer to them as a different gender?" He flat out responds with "it depends on how they ask".

He isn't against transexuals, you're just an asshole.

Name 10 worthwhile philosophers unknown outside of academics

Kimberly Crenshaw

Intellectuals are THE FUCKING WORST, there's no such thing as a "true" intellectual because there's no such thing as a "false" intellectual; it's just self-aggrandizement from people who are smart enough to climb to the top of the meritocracy but still too dumb to realize that they don't have the answers to every last problem.

Wittgenstein, Bacon, Goethe, Leonardo, Newton were all insanely clever

Eco must surely be one of the most well-read people

oh and Cicero

The Greeks

Cmon guys,he is being ironic

Chomski is the precursor of the modern "alternative facts"-meme: he never lies, but he cherrypicks facts to present convincing but extremely oversimplified, easily digestible narratives that teenage underachievers eat up.

which tenured philosophy professor? and to be fair, philosophy is pre-law, so calling them pseuds is the least of it.

Yeah, that's a good list. I don't know much about Leonardo or Netwon, but I'll take your word. I would also add Aristotle, Posidonius, Pico della Mirandola, Leibniz, and Hegel.

not him but Newton's a big deal for English because his work on lenses is the first vernacular science book iirc.
>adding Aristotle to a list with Wittgenstein
made me kek, probably unintentional

What's the reason for the kek? That W's propositional logic over took A's? W never had encyclopedic knowledge, but his mind was inconceivably sharp; different reasons for them being on that list.

how have I never heard of Pico della Mirandola? what should I read?

cool image

No, Wittgenstein pointedly didn't read Aristotle. One of his contemporaries asked him about it casually, and Witty was like
>oh no the philosophy professor hasn't read aristotle OHNOES how *could* he
Witty could be a bit of a dick but it led to some hilarious exchanges.

The Oration on the Dignity of Man.
Hackett has a nice edition.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oration_on_the_Dignity_of_Man

Is there any benefit in studying the Kabbalah?

Chomsky

What you're referring to is probably his political activism, which is not the reason which I would label him an intellectual. His works in linguistics alone is enough to give him that title at the very least.

unironically one of the few intellectuals on youtube worth listening to

is that the guy who shoved a banana up his arse

It was a plantain

yea, and some other shit too