THE MOTHERFUCKING INVISIBLE COMMITTEE

Who here hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_petition_against_age_of_consent_laws
spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/the-sexual-revolution-and-children-how-the-left-took-things-too-far-a-702679.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't read the others, but kinda, yeah.

Oh hey is that you, Butters? Been a long time.

I'd definitely recommend their other stuff. It's a great combination of analysis of modern societal conditions with insightful ideas on praxis and a rousing call to action. As you probably know anarchist writing can get pretty flowery and abstract and while that can be nice in moderation, it's refreshing to have something like this that's more down-to-earth. Among the best radical literature I've read.

>commie shit written by commie terrorists
not sure that hype would be the best word for it

Their other book was an absolute bore but I guess I'll shoplift the new one as well.

I will check them out. Thanks

>Commies
You have a natural dislike for tankies, user. Identify them and learn the differences properly. Like big lad, now.

"To Our Friends" and "The Coming Insurection" are interesting reads, but I can't say I'm on board with their proposals. I don't really like being around people that much. You have to like people to be interested in a commune or insurrection. They'd probably just say I'm a privileged lazy american, and they'd be right.

But I think their analysis of capitalism as perpetual crisis management is spot on.

is "now" a killing word?

Shut the fuck up, ugly as retard.

I can sum up the book: don't exercise in civic engagement. Same problem exists here as with most leftists is that they live in an echo chamber and have no idea the beliefs of the masses. They think most people are tired of social democracy, capitalism, the police force, but no, their just some fringe groups. We should still take them serious though.

they're* The reason we should take them serious is that criticism is good, as they can be right sometimes, and we should never underestimate an enemy.

That's a good point, and something I've thought about a lot since I too mostly prefer solitude. I would hope that anyone born after a hypothetical revolution would be better able to deal with communal living, but in truth there will always be a few of us who'd rather be alone. I think that technology, for all its problems, would help to enable a society in which people like us could be alone without going full Kaczynski, but even if that turns out not to be the case, I think I'd still go for it because some discomfort on my part would be a small price to pay when so many people's lives would be vastly improved.

My other concern would be that too much emphasis on insurrection or revolution is unhealthy because it implies this idea that all we need to do is overthrow the current oppressors and everything will be all right, when in reality it will take hard work and constant vigilance to ensure that any post-revolution society will be as fair as possible to everyone and not regress into any kind of hierarchy. I think the Invisible Committee is well aware of this, but like pretty much all radical writers they like to brand their works with the insurrectionary label, which can give the wrong idea to people who haven't actually read and digested the texts. But then that seems to be the cost of doing business in any Leftist circles. I can't count the number of people I see online who hit all the buzzwords like "the revolution" and "neoliberalism" and "the evils of capitalism" but really just want social democratic welfare states.

Just read Jaime Semprun instead, this opuscule is shitty and the only good things that these guys produced were Tiqqun, Coupat's Appel and L'insurrection qui vient.

really hoping when/if the economy is 'democratized' we can vote for FALC. I don't want to discuss how much of the scarcity is divided between who every single week. I just want a qt and some paints and a library.

so much communism today seems to be how we'll keep running consumerism

cool, more rehashed Situationist-era theory with shallow rhetorical flourishes

Can we please stop rehashing communism? It's over guys. The collapse is never happening. The revolution is never happening.

I'm more worried about creeping cultural marxism than about capitalism teebeeaitch.

They're quite stupid but I'll give this one a go as well.

t. have read the other two and they're quite dull. But they're short breezy edgy reads. If my hunch is correct, just sad old men in their thirties and forties who wish they were coming of age just about fifty years ago, oh the romance of it all! The most interesting thing about the books is how at bottom, they have absolutely no new or interesting ideas - hence their dullness.

"And then we had won and the neighborhood was still getting on fairly fine, but we, were pow-wowing about how to get the machines working again, and there was a big bowl of food right in the middle of the square and everyone only took a little bit!" Get real.

Yes, this is a fair and accurate, and more articulate representation of these little books than what I had just said here .

Their previous books were hilariously bad, I hope this will be as funny as "The Coming Insurrection"

>Leftunity.jpg
>putting the filename punchline in the image itself
>putting something different in the filename
how can you fuck this up so bad? otherwise i like the pic.

>Who here hype?

Take a fucking bath and then Read this instead.

>Semiotext(e)

dude i like pomo bullshit as next as they next guy, but come on that shit is just a place for professors to make their tenure bones by publishing some meaningless paper that will never be read or cited by anyone ever

I do have a vague interest in reading The Screwball Asses though, just because it sounds so degenerate and old-guard.

t. homo

Sloterdijk's Spheres seems interesting desu
it's at least a more serious philosophical project than the edgy pamphlets usually published there

>I can only think in bullshit conspiracies and buzzwords

Why don't people with pleb brains like you stay on /pol/, where you belong

stop justifying your pedophile shit with fancy eurotrash gibberish

Reminder the normalisation of pedophilia has been an avowed goal of marxists and the left since the 1960s

Foucault stated that the petition was signed by several philosophers including himself, Jacques Derrida, Louis Althusser, pediatrician and psychoanalyst Françoise Dolto, and also by people he described as belonging to a wide range of political positions.[1]

A similar letter was published in the paper Libération in 1979, supporting Gérard R., an accused child sex criminal awaiting his trial for eighteen months, signed by 63 persons, stating that Gérard R. lived with young girls aged 6 to 12 and that they were happy with the situation. The letter was later reproduced in the paper L'Express, in the issue of March 7, 2001.[4]

Michel Foucault stated that the petition was signed by himself, by the novelist/gay activist Guy Hocquenghem, the actor/play-writer/jurist Jean Danet, pediatrician and child psychoanalyst Françoise Dolto and also by people belonging to a wide range of political positions.[1]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_petition_against_age_of_consent_laws

Germany's left has its own tales of abuse. One of the goals of the German 1968 movement was the sexual liberation of children. For some, this meant overcoming all sexual inhibitions, creating a climate in which even pedophilia was considered progressive.

spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/the-sexual-revolution-and-children-how-the-left-took-things-too-far-a-702679.html

i think the cultural marxist crank guy who's always bitching about foucault probably got molested

>implying Saint Michel lui-meme didn't molest at least thousands of children and animals himself

and yet nobody has managed to actually debunk the guy. gee, maybe he's right and leftists are all in the child rape conspiracy.

Foucault was a right-winger though.

Psychobiography isn't how you do philosophy. Whatever moral crimes you might uncover, it doesn't fundamentally affect the philosophical arguments made by those people.

Further, why are Foucault and Sartre's sexual habits at all relevant to books written by other people, half a century later.

Stop derailing threads.

Foucault was obviously just expressing his sadomasochist perversions, every single word he wrote is about his gay bdsm fetishes and getting the alabama blacksnake at some parisian alley. liminal space=bath house power=getting literally fucked in the ass. The enlightenment project failed, postmodernism didn't help, I think we are due for a revival of Scholasticism and catholic dogma. We can safely dismiss Foucault as a sinner who strayed too far from the light and met a tragic end via GRIDS.

>tfw no freegan crustpunk insurrectionist gf to shoot heroin with