It's never coming out, is it?

It's never coming out, is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2v2ege/spoilers_all_all_known_open_plotlines_of_asoiaf/
reddit.com/r/asoiaf/wiki/twow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nope

Memes aside, what are the odds that he actually dies before finishing the series?

it's likely

It's almost guaranteed

100%

Dude is 68 and not exactly in the best condition. Lets say he actually manages to finish WoW and get it published this year, you think he's going to last another 6+ years while he writes Dream of Spring?

It's over. The TV series ending will be the only ending we ever get, because the fat fuck has a clause in his contract specifying nobody can finish the series for him if he does die before writing it.

>clause in his contract specifying nobody can finish the series for him if he does die before writing it

Seriously? That is a pityful attempt at retaining some artistic integrity after you've already sold out your novels and all remaining ideas to a TV company in the hopes of getting money and fame. I keep losing respect for this fat man.

FINISH THE FAT FUCK YOU BOOK

>the fat fuck has a clause in his contract specifying nobody can finish the series for him if he does die before writing it
Never heard that before. Can you source me?

lmao do you fags actually like the shit he shovels out? are you genuinely sad that he won't shit down your throat with his fat pink mast and more she drank more she shat soap opera with swords?

you're all trash hahahahahahahaha

Pretty high, I still expect that he go full Robert Jordan.

Everybody already knows it's gay tho

What book is the tv show currently displaying?

I would guess around the sixth, it's a whole different timeline, though.

he's just said publicly that he doesn't want anyone to take it over. who knows what his contract says, I doubt that the market would let a series like ASOIAF sit unfinished forever

that sounds like something he would write

> Winds of Winter took so long to come out that I don't even like the books that much anymore.

People who read AGoT while pregnant have kids turning 21 in the next few months. I wonder how many original fans are even left, people's tastes change over 2 decades.

He's waiting for the cultural hysteria of the dogshit tv show to end and fade and then he'll drop all the final books at once

Screencap this

I honestly don't see him making it to 75, which is using a rather generously choosen pace. He's significantly overweight, sedantary, and old. Nobody beats death, espcially fat old fucks.

he doesn't have that good of taste lol

Not to mention, isn't there some rumor of him getting angry at people figuring out his twists? I'll bet he gave the HBO showrunners all the plans for his ORIGINAL ending, and in a fit of pique the ending of the books will be radically different.

I question how different his original vision is from where the show is at. I don't know if it makes me sound like a fedora but the feminist pandering seems disproportionately heavy handed atm and I wonder if his story included all that

The thing is, it's not just 'feminist pandering'. There have been big changes since season 2. GRRM requested that a character's name was changed because it wasn't the character he wrote after all the changes. Season 5 and 6 were trainwrecks because of all the massive changes.

Friendly reminder that the first four seasons of the show actually trump the books. After that the books are better (starting with Feast).

The first book and the first season are basically the same so I guess it's a tie?

They don't trump the books, but they are very faithful to the books for a TV series. They pretty much nailed all the important events, with some minor flaws. Season One is actually the best one, despite being mostly expositionary. Season had too much of "two people talking in a room about the same topics" and Robbs story was pure filler. Season three was carried by Jamie and Brienne. Season four started to display weaknesses in writing, but was so fully packed with climax after climax that those are almost forgettable. Season five and six are obviously a complete disaster.

I didn't actually think of A Feast for Crows as being so bad, Cersei was well written, and the book lives mostly from atmosphere, it just didn't have an ending. Dance of Dragons was a drop in quality, and looking at the excerpts from Winds of Winter it looks like that it's going downhill. Remember that the last chapter of ADwD was about Danaerys having diarrhea and the preview chapter of TWoW has Barristan in battle fighting with a naked woman whose tits bounce everytime she charges.

He said it's going to come out in 2017 in January. Now he's already saying it may be coming out in 2018, if he's lucky. My guess: He's barely written half of it and is out of ideas. He doesn't know how to connect the dots anymore, he repeatedly said he develops the storylines along the way, and now it's been grown over his head.

You can see he doesn't really want to write about these characters anymore, he just wants to start something new but he knows he can't since he only has ten years left max, so he's just in for the shekels now. Like he's publishing world books and anthology books before he even completed the story lmao

Nope, or it will end up being the last novel in the series at this pace. He frequently lashes out at fans hoping for a faster speed, attends cons all the time, and said he wrote himself into several knots and is struggling to get anything out. At this point he doesn't care, he's in the twilight of his life, making millions, and has the show to wrap up everything for him. Why exert effort for a novel you probably don't enjoy writing?

I would be somewhat disapointed, seeing that the book was so cool in the first place.
But would probably read it nonetheless

>genre fiction

He's getting tired of the series, so this will probably be his final project, whenever the fuck it comes out. He's an asshole. He's snarky in interviews, overly serious with his fans, and pissed that fame found his books. He just shouldn't have fucking agreed to the whole Game of Thrones thing, because obviously he doesn't enjoy it, even though his fans do.

>wrote himself into several knots
He would need four books at least to untie them. Remember how slow the plot moves in this series. Just look at this shit:
reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2v2ege/spoilers_all_all_known_open_plotlines_of_asoiaf/
Explain to me how he's gonna solve them within two books considering the pace of the story

What I find utterly hilarious is how he was discarding concerns about the show overtaking the books with a handwave, even up to season 4.
>what you mean they just needed two seasons for book three
>and they still have two huge tomes in front of them
Yeah gurm, except that literally NOTHING happens in these books and for someone who keeps bragging about his career in TV in the 80s you are being so fucking delusional to think they would faithfully adapt this into four seasons where Brienne goes into the hills and Danaerys shitting her guts out

What a fucking asshole

It probably will eventually. If not, someone needs to make him at gunpoint.

Is it the same as music industry where there is a 50 year period or something and then the copyright issues disappear?

He was sure that Brienne's wacky strolls through the countryside would fill episode after episode of first-grade televisual entertainment.

He's always been a failed TV writer who got lucky and then, when he had what he wanted all his life, rested on his laurels and called it a wrap. He just doesn't want to admit it because he must fear his fans will all bail on him.

He's literally literature's answer to Star Citizen/Grimoire at this point.

Who cares anyway? That twink boy Jon Snow and Daenerys Ex Machina will somehow defeat the big bad White Walkers and fuck forever and ever and everyone will be like "damn this is some good shit" only you'll see it all on HBO while the book form will never come out.

Then you'll see a ton of wannabe GoTs come out on television and somewhere GRRM will get a coronary and die and everyone will be like "LOL the guy is a case study on how NOT to be a successful writer" in between all the "RIP" posts.

The guy would rather talk about the shitty Jets Handegg team than what made him famous. How sad is that that you'd rather watch the fucking JETS then actually make money?

my preview chapter was Theon's. What edition do you have?

david lunch lol

I literally don't care anymore.

Who gives a fuck, it's trash literature...

>Then you'll see a ton of wannabe GoTs come out on television and somewhere
We already got those. Its fucking annoying

Jealous that your attempts at literary fiction have yet to be published, let alone make you wealthy?

Ah, so this is what the thought process of someone who indulges in trash literature looks like. Yes, I hate trash lit because I'm overwhelmed with jealousy, it's not that I find it to be drivel for the drooling plebs to gobble up.

>unironically using the word "pleb"

And for the record, I can't stand GoT (the show or the book).

Quick question though...why are you even in this thread? Just to grace us with your sophistication and knowledge? Aren't there countless threads dealing with pseudo-intellectual literary fiction for you to go jack off to?

Well to be honest, you're right, user. You like what you like, you made me realize that I'm bored at work and maliciously shitposting. Cheers.

I'd put it at about a 40% or 30% chance he finishes it.
He's an overweight old man, and he has a slower output than ever before. After the show ends he will be working on spin offs to keep that easy cash coming in. He's wealthy though, so that will help extend his life. At his current pace, assuming TWoW comes out next year, the final book wouldn't come out until like 2026.
I think he will die and someone else will cowrite the last book, splicing in and completing what he had.
I hope he finishes it though.

> Friendly reminder that the first four seasons of the show actually trump the books.

ehh... no

not with Normie Robb, Saint Tyrion and Religious Fanatic Stannis

Half Life 6 will come out sooner.

>he's wealthy so that will extend his life
Not with him. He uses his wealth to be more of a fat slob than ever before. Saying that he has 10 years left is generous.

>GRRM requested that a character's name was changed because it wasn't the character he wrote after all the changes.
Blatantly made this up.

that actually happened, thappireth guy -> Locke

Nope.

He's too busy enjoying hollywood.

I even saw him on a cameo for a show called preacher, where he's a jazz beatnik

It has been more than a year since I finished Dance of Dragons. I didn't watch the 6th season but am watching the 7th.
Should I reread everything when Winds of Winter comes out (or at least has a release date)? There's a bunch of stuff I don't remember quite well

and the idiotic invented arcs, where are my dragons, the rave at craster's...
they also fucked up ramsay snow (and theon) by not having him in winterfell on season 2.

>tfw we're stuck with shitty normie fillers
Why is he so slow? Gene Wolfe did better in 3 years.

I think it is losing my favorite thing in GoT: that it's not LotR.

I mean, in LotR and most fantasy universes (The Witcher doesn't btw) there is an objective villain, one dude (Sauron) who is undoubtedly a bad guy, a force of Evil itself.

The most awesome thing in Game of Thrones is that this is not that clear. We have people who like the Lannisters, people who like the Starks, people who prefer the Tyrells. There is not a "bad guy" and a "good guy".

But with all this white walker shit and all political relations becoming more polarized into two sides (Lannister vs Daenerys (if she joins Jon Snow)), it's becoming a "bad guy vs good guy" universe, and it is losing one of its best qualities. At least that is what I'm feeling with the show, I hope the book goes a different way, because it just seems it's going this way on TV because it draws more fans.

>muh moral ambiguity

Are you 12?

Yara vs dogs was worse

They don't. The show has the opposite problem of the books. The books need editing down, which the show does by necessity of the transition of books to the screen, but the show has taken it way to far. They have cut so much stuff, but added nothing.

fuck you cunt

I think he already wrote a lot of material for both WoW and the book after (I read this somewhere). I believe it is likely that we get the book next year.

don't worry, i'm sure the singularity is right around the corner and he will get digitized and live and write forever

just kidding he'll croak in 2 years tops

>winter is coming
>winter never comes

bravo gurm

Morally ambiguity is a bad thing in literature?

Are you 17?

Most jurisdictions have a death-plus-75-years term for published workd, or something close.

doesn't matter, we will still get the adventures of John, Stan, Dinarys, Salsa, Aria, Cersi, Jamie, Zion and the other inhabitants of Ouesteros fighting the caucasian walkers.

I know I'm linking to Reddit but they have them all over there.

reddit.com/r/asoiaf/wiki/twow

Don't want to buy it, could you please copy a sentence verbatim so I can find the chapter online? I'm intrigued by the bouncy tits.

i just finished shadow of the torturer and he's such a deceptively good prose stylist—not to mention the dash of thomism he uses. i'm scared to read more; he only has a limited amount of work and he's so close to death.