How to /Egyptian lit/

How to get into old Egyptian lit like pic related?

I wish there was an ancient egyptian Veeky Forums chart. All I can say OP is just read it like you would any other book. Only bumping because I'd like to see some nifty reccs too.

>translation

gross

Refer to the middle and right side of the chart.

See

thanks, m8s

Black Athena

It helps to have a real grasp of their systems of magic, and for that I would read Aleister Crowley & the Hidden God by Kenneth Grant.

user, the Hittites were from Anatolia and spoke an Indoeuropean language, might as well add The Horse, Wheel and Language by David W. Anthony, and Indoeuropean Poetry and Myth by M.L. West, so we get most of ye olden Mediterranean in the Bronze Age covered, and any user reading all that stuff is more than ready to move on to the Ancient Greece, Phoenicia and Ancient India for that matter.

It's not my chart, but you have to agree that it is very well done. I disagree with your idea that we need to expand to general Indo-European peoples stuff if we include the Hittites simply because the Hittites were politically relevant in an era of mostly Egyptian, Assyrian, etc. empires. Maybe a better word could be "Begin with the Bronze Age" chart, and we could expand that to include "Investigate with the Indus Valley" charts and whatnot kek.

Also early Phoenicians are covered with the Semitic chart, and we already have two prominent "Start with the Greeks" charts. If they were merged into two (including more background history, excluding more "appreciate the literature's context" fluff), then they would be perfect.

Picture 1 is the best "Start with the Greeks" chart, although it is missing in background historical context IMO.

Here is pic 2, good additional historical sources and coverage of plays but too much "here's Odysseus's world xD" and incomplete coverage of Greek philosophy

See what I mean by "a synthesis is needed"? I'm terrible at editing so I don't want to do it myself

I've been meaning to update it anyway, "begin with the bronze age" is a good name, let's go with that.

aleister crowley knew about as much of the Egyptian's magical tradition as we do, ie. zero. he made shit up, you know.

he was famous for it.

why does everyone make "the tale of sinuhe" out to be an epic, when only about two hundred words of it survive?

Not an epic, just a good example of ancient poetry

This is the final version, for real this time.

Kenneth Grant wrote the book and cites authorities on ancient Egyptian religion, Crowley not included among them--his work is reserved for another section of the book. Great comment on a book you clearly haven't read, retard.

what changed?

Quick question - what made you decide to put the sumerian mythology as the starting point over the Sumerians text?

The rest of it is focusing on mythology and poetry, plus Sumerian Mythology is a lot shorter. I thought it made a lot more sense as a starting point, plus it provides a foundation for all the Babylonian myths better than a huge book on Sumerian society does.