>Cormac McCarthy
>DFW
>Milton
>The Bible
>Plato and Aristotle
>Plotinus

This

Wardine be cry

This post really activates my pineal gland.

wtc editions of the dialogues/ republic/ laws with commentary in that vein?

Who is the last guy?

Murrah Bookchin, you should read the next revolution

wa la

Its a meme you dippy dog

>
Dubliners is ultraplebby.

I liked better the old one.
>Plato's complete works
>Aristotle's Complete Works
>Discourse on the method
>Plato's complete works

Was Stalin the true philosopher-king?

>Stalin read many books. And each time we saw each other he would ask me what am I reading at the moment and what do I think of it. Right before the entrance to his cabinet, on the floor there was a tower of books. He would look through them and set aside those which he would put in his personal library in the Kremlin. I don't know what happened to it now.

>He always read books with a pencil in his hand, marking something. The majority of his books were philosophical works and our classics. He liked Gogol', Salti'kov-Shedrin, Tolstoy, Leskov, had works of Esenin, Mayakovsky, Pasternak, Bulgakov (famous Russian writers). The last one Stalin respected and told us: "This writer shows that heroes were not only in the Red Army. Heroes are those who love their Motherland more then life itself. And such, unfortunately, didn't fight only on our side." In fact Stalin payed special attention to education of Russian language and literature. Knowing who we want to be when we grow up he asked us: "So you will be in the military. And what is the most important subject for a soldier?" We began naming diffrent subjects: mathematics, physics, fitness training. And he told us: "No. Russian Language and Literature. You have to speak so that everyone could understand you and in extreme battle conditions you have to speak brief. And you too have to understand what you are being told. A military must be able to express himself both verbally and in writing. In war you will face such situations, which you have never faced before. You will have to make decisions. And if you read a lot, then in your memory you will find a hint how to act and what to do. Literature will help you."

>He always picked books to read himself. He looked through and read a huge amount of literature. I never counted exactly how many, but I always seen him reading and writing from dawn to dusk. He would be brought new documents and old ones would be taken away. There was a Commissar of the Artillery Command - Georgi' Savchenko, who even knew Stalins parents, and knew Stalin himself very well. He wrote that Stalin read 500 pages a day. I think that's true.

The path to true self-realization

kek, I like this list.

Is the symposium really that l-lewd?

5th one down is literally what I'm working toward

jej

Nah, the last one should be Being and Time.

Surely there should be another tier with his letters to Nora?

I started with this spoke zarathustra ama

What did he mean by this?

same

Rowling
Murakami
Tolstoy
Joyce
Pynchon
Spot The Dog

Upboats!!

The amount of people in this thread not knowing how to use the meme is sad. The top image is the smartest thing to do not the dumbest. It's a parody on dumbass things people do that they think is smarter.

What is this Bugs... meme? Is it a reference to Liu Cixin?

latest forced meme

Damn, here I was thinking it was a reference to my favorite contemporary Chinese sci-fi trilogy.

In another thread The OP's picture was a fat bugs bunny, and then the OP samefag replied to it and said "bugs...Easy on the carrots. Then he samefagged it 50 times with various fake replies such as, funniest post ever, I don't know why I find this funny! Include me in the screenshot! and so on.

No to be a philosopher king is more than a love of knowledge. You have to be content with a simple life, and Stalin did not live to be this. He lived for godhood and greatness. With men clapping for minutes on end from fear of death.

you're having a laff if you think "Do I do SS or SL?" Veeky Forums is better than Veeky Forums

Sjw spotted

tragically this, Veeky Forums is a shadow of its former self, I can't even post there any more

philosopher is a lover of "wisdom" not knowledge. The two are not the same.

>symposium
>not re-reading the Phaedo twice every single day

Wait what?

Hating Hemingway and Mishima.

It's supposed to be ironic.

the filename.

Fyodor
Smerdy
Dmitri
Ivan
Alyosha
Lizaveta

Improved for you, m8

>more then

jean baudrillard

Luke
James
Peter
Paul
Matthew
John

>Paul
>not best apostle
What is wrong with you?

you must be really gay

Im 12. Is this unironic?

I was too lazy to think of a specific topic

Great

Pretty good.

Great

*bzzzzzt*
Ooh, sorry no, the category we were looking for was New Testament Authors. Authors.
Martin, you have control of the board
But seriously don''t even joke that Paul would go above either of those Gospel writers

>not knowing how this meme works

fuck you dublineers as a whole beats portrait all day every day

>Derailing an entire thread by giving health advice to a fictional rabbit
kekd

kek I swear I almost did put some piece of the letters

This. Total cancer samefaggotry and I've seen him in multiple threads.