Books about the mind palace ?

What book should I pick up in order to learn about creating a mind palace ?
What books should I read about memory in general ?
Give me your best answers Veeky Forums

Foer - Moonwalking with Einstein
Yates - The Art of Memory

Can a beginner learn from these ?

Does anyone have experience with memory training ? How hard is it to achieve ?

Cannot remember

>self-help books

come on dude, I thought we went over this..

What do you mean ? first time posting.

lurk more

Thanks, ordering the books now

Casanova's Memoirs has a section on his technique, he had the Bible memorized. I can't recall which volume it's in, but it may be the one with Voltaire.

Shit. Just read Dominic O'Brien, he is the GOAT of memorization. Although his system takes a while, it has great return.

2nding yates

derren browns "tricks of the mind" has a small section devoted to mnemonic methods

Kek

If you get the Yates also pick up her Giordano Bruno and the Hermetic Tradition (part of the same series that concludes with Theatre of the World) which is fantastic.

Memorize the Faith by Kevin Vost worked well for me. He has a couple different "Memorize This" books that are worth looking into.

The method of loci is shockingly easy. I've always considered myself to have a bad memory but I was able to remember the names of all 73 books of the Bible like it was nothing. I can list off every name in any order.

Its a good thing this is about self help.

POETICS OF SPACE

Most all Bachelard's good. L'air et les Songes has perhaps the best essay on Nietzsche I have ever read. All the 'element' books are good, however.

>first time posting
lol and it wasn't even a get

the yates one - how do u even know what it is without having read it first?

Cheers m8

lmao

Rhetorica ad Herennium