ITT: Books only good as a Young Adult

ITT: Books only good as a Young Adult

Anything written by Christopher Hitchens except his essays

>that book you will never get the same feelings from again

The Stranger.

Aw just read this :(

This

explain why only young adults would get the most benefit from it
what did you gain from it as a young adult?

this board is for those over the age of 18

harry potter was pretty gotdamn magical used to listen on a portable sony cd-player in bed as a kid the 2nd book from the media section of the library whoever voiced that shit did a bang up jon, rowling did a service to youth with that series. As an adult it doesn't serve its puporse too well though, unfortunately. I wish it did, ...but she never said it was intended for so called "mature" folk. They're still great books, i think, but I prefer to read other stuff now.

Seems like Orthodoxy is the way to go desu.

ITT:

A bunch of 16-24 year olds talking about things that only "young adults" like.

what is the point of your post?

You're all dumbfuck young adults.

I took the OP to mean that the book in question isn't necessarily "most beneficial" to young adults, but that it's something you'll like as a young adult and then, as you age, evolve your taste to the point where you no longer like it nearly as much as you did then.

To put it as briefly as I can, I think The Stranger and Camus' philosophy in general appeals to young adults and teenagers, especially in America, because it captures and validates a sort of suburban ennui that is very acutely onset I'd say from about 16-24. On top of that, it encourages a rebellious and individualistic attitude that can be very attractive to kids within or just coming out of the highly codified and conformist social atmosphere of high school.

To young people that are confused about their place in the world and quickly growing disillusioned about the various explicit and implicit dogmas that they were likely raised with, it's reassuring to be told, in essence, that it's okay and, in fact, inevitable to be confused, everyone is confused, and you need to carve out your own island of meaning against the inauthentic solutions of others. But as you actually begin to do that, you begin finding yourself further distant from the state of being that actually lead you to do it in the first place, and Camus eventually loses his relevance and power.

this. 16 y/o me was a huge camus fan

This edit is on par with those shitty left edits of comics. The originals aren't extraordinary, but the derivatives are always unfunny.

Harry Potter
All of Stephen King
Bob Morane

Any work by Ayn Rand or Anton Lavey

>harry potter
>ya
>can't be over 18
YA should be renamed tween cause the term has clearly lost all meaning.

Wizard of Earthsea. Admittedly it was the thing that got me into reading at age 6, but it is still pretty good.

anything by Hegel

herman hesse generally

As proven here: