Man travels a dying world on horseback

>Man travels a dying world on horseback
Any books for this feel?

Lord of the Rings duhh

>God I hope my shitty meme will stick let's find out

op... easy on the stale memes

Ultima VI Prima strategy guide

Bugs, take it easy you're getting fat because of your caloric intake of vegetables, namely the orange kind.

fun fact: carrots are actually purple: orange carrots are a result of selective breeding; done to honor a... dutch king (?) because orange was his favorite color.

this fact wasn't fun. fuck you

>Man travels a dying world on horseback

fun fact: if you peel an avocado seed, it looks like a brain. As it oxidizes, it turns red, then rust red along the "valleys", so it looks like a bloody brain.

I got all kinds of vegetable facts. I can go on for hours.

You know the first fact wasn't fun, and second one wasn't either, but the fact that you know enough of them to go on for hours is pretty neat.

it's like one autistic trait in itself is nothing impressive, but a full array of them united in one body actually is.

ALL MY FACTS ARE FUN, FUCK YOU
Also I know a lot more fun facts about a lot of other things. Vegetables are one of the few topics I actually don't give a shit about.

Fun fact: Tomatoes are part of the nightshade family. For hundreds of years, people thought they were poisonous, and didn't eat them. One guy figured it out and called a town gathering where he announced he'd eat an entire bucket of them. Hundreds of people turned up to watch this crazy asshole kill himself.

Sub fun fact: a reason people thought tomatoes were poisonous for so long was because people used to use lead plates, and the acidic tomato juices would absorb the toxicity.

Severian rides a horse in Book of the New Sun

>lead plates

You're so fucking adorable, dude.

ok, i retract my previous statement. These facts are actually pretty fun

One of my happiest memories as a teenager was playing GTA: San Andreas, particularly when I was travelling around Flint County, Whetstone and the desert area to the north. When it was approaching dusk and I was in some pick-up truck or 4x4 just driving down these rural desert roads or through the wilderness with A Horse With No Name by America playing I was in heaven. In the small desert town of Las Barrancas there were ruins of an old Pueblo town carved into the side of the rock, and even though it had no role in the greater narrative of the game I'd often make the effort to drive there by the time it got dark, park up my truck so that it was out of sight and spend some time in the ruins. I'd often end my 6-star police pursuits in these ruins and take a last stand there.

bugsy be... careful of the le carrots my brother!!!

lola bunny hoppin on my dick

Fine, china that used lead paints, then.

thanks!

yay!

YAAAAYYYY!!!!!!

One thing I loved to do with one of my best friend was go to that giant mountain in the northwest or so, and then spawn one of those like hoverboats and you can fucking fly of the mountain, like glide through. And wed sing the harry potter theme will police helicopters and ground troops would shoot at us and wed be like "ehehehehe cant get us".

The wed go and find and FUCK hot harry potter girls.

Last fun fact: apples have only been farmed for around 2300 years. In fact, in the original Hebrew version of Adam and Eve, the eaten fruit is described as being purple in colour.

Biblical fun fact: All the animals in the garden spoke Hebrew.

Also why last fun fact??? user can you come back later today and make another thread with some fun veggie facts??? im vegetarian now too so i need 2 aquaint myself with my new lafstyle

Read the Lord of the Rings in the perspective of the Dunedain / Aragorn.

i second this motion user.

where do you get these facts

i second this too

fun fact: scientists discovered 2000 year old seeds and successfully grew ancient gourds

fun fact: corn used to look like your typical wheat plants. The large corns we have today are, again, due to thousands of years of selected breeding.

fun fact: 5000 years ago the potato plant was called the softened stone tree and nobody understood why they were softer than real stones but one guy in a village said you could power cars with them one day and he was potatoed to death for taking allah's name in vain

are you trying to implying my fun facts aren't facts?

because fun fact: ancient farmers used to wrap up their seeds in blue cloth. Scientists couldn't figure out why, until they compared seeds stored in white cloth to seeds stored in blue cloth. The seeds stored in blue cloth sprouted significantly earlier than the control group.

dont listen to the nay sayers or satirists user, keep given us those facts

No problem! Don't know how many veggie facts I still got.

but...

fun fact: the coveted purple dye of ancient times, which was only available to the filthy rich was actually made from snails.

Keep going please

more more. keep me comin

Alright, I'll be back, but I'm taking a break to make lunch.

fun fact: mummies used to be exported en masse from egypt to be used a fuel -on trains and privately- also as fun party activities, where mummies would be dissected in the middle of the room for the novelty of it.

Kay i need to study today as well. But at the end of the day well make big thread, maybe with all kinds of facts. itll be fact party.

Fake and gay. Did you get your ""facts"" from the discount clickbait title outlet?

Book of the New Sun
Although he's on foot most of the time. You should read it anyway because it's the best dying earth (maybe sci-fi) has to offer

GTA San Andreas was probably my favourite game, I have so many memories just with driving and listening to music. The map was really nice, it wasn't too small, and it wasn't too big, it was just enough to spend some time exploring it, but not getting too bored.

sweet, sounds fun

No. Actually, I think I got that fact from a wizard book I had when I was 12. It was like a fuzzy monster ball with zipper teeth and when you opened it up it had a little book inside. It was full of weird shit, like how to slice a banana without peeling it. For some reason, that fact was in there. I learned the thing with the plates years later.

fun fact: goldstone isn't a naturally occurring stone. It's actually glass and copper, the production of which was discovered sometime in the 17 hundreds in venice.

bugs..

I agree, and the map was very diverse in terms of environment and culture. Whereas the GTA that came after that (the one in New York) was pretty big, it had close to no rural regions and everywhere was pretty much the same in terms of the type of vehicles, people and so on.

In San Andreas you had the black ghettos of Grove Street, the wealthy supercar-filled streets of Hollywood, the hick backwaters, the desert towns and ranches, the Yakuza backstreets of San Francisco, the more touristy areas of the North Bay and then the small wealthy community just across the Golden Gate Bridge, you had the mobsters and the wacko degenerates in Las Vegas. It was relatively small but the size was really in the detail and diversity. The subsequent GTAs have just focused on one city and then added some anonymous rural areas around it so people don't protest. The next GTA will be set in Chicago, with a Detroit-like side city included and a lot of rust belt regional towns. I just hope they manage to capture the fun of San Andreas, where humour and solidarity was often more important than tribal warfare and countless shoot-em-ups.

Honestly I think that San Andreas was the last good GTA, with all that world-builidng and humour, and great gameplay. They humour and serious elements were really balanced.

>it's a based Veggie-Fact-Poster thread

Keep em coming

oh god... the carrots...

The Gunslinger by Steven King. Don't read anything else in the series. It's a waste of time.

Orange wasn't his favorite colour it's the National colour of the Netherlands because the Stadhouder was from the House of Orange. This was a place name but the house chose the colour later because of it

What was his favorite color then?

I really really like that picture

Blood Meridian
The Road
Outer Dark

>usually orange in colour, though purple, black, red, white, and yellow cultivars exist.
your pedantry isn't even correct

As much as I hate recommending this book, The Dark Tower series from Stephen King.
Though there is no horse (except in THAT one book)

book of the dying sun

LETS HAVE SOME MORE VEGGIE FACTS PLEASE. LETS EXHAUST THEM. I WANT A MASTERS DEGREE IN VEGGIE FACTS

avocado original nahuatl name ( ahuacatl) means testicle.

Red Dead Redemption (both the original and the zombie DLC) :^)

>The Road
No horses
>Blood Meridian
Is the world dying? No