Are there any good autobiographies to read?

Are there any good autobiographies to read?

Pic last one I read.

I kind of wish Faulkner had a book cover with him stapling something to his chest

Finally got around to reading /ourguy/ Norm's memoir last night - phenomenal. I always see it get brought up around here so if you haven't already done so, I recommend reading it.
The ending was honest-to-god the hardest I've laughed at something in a long time.

ok, thanks publisher's employee.

I liked the book, but the ending was easily the worst part of it.

Didn't know Norm had a book, might look into that one. Thanks!

Speak, Memory and Autobiography of Malcolm X are the most Veeky Forums autobiographies I've read

This and Steve Martin's autobiographies.

Fyi, the ending is Norm writing a really long run on sentence that basically says the publisher required the book to be xxx words so he has to keep typing until he gets the word count in for a bunch of pages and calls Adam a bridge living homo pumper and rodney dangerfield was actually really nice to him and most of the book is complete bs but you should have figured that out by now and this goes on for two pages or something and you get the idea.

Andre Agassi's

Been meaning to read that, I love pic related when it comes to sports autobiographies. Been interested in Matt Hughe's book next though.

Obligatory.

Anyone else excited for the inevitable autobiography of Trump?

junky and queer by burroughs

I'd peruse that.

Confessions of a Young Man by George Moore

Autobiography by Miles Davis
Beneath the Underdog by Charlie Mingus (brilliantly meshes autobiography with an unreliable narrator)
Something Like an Autobiography by Akira Kurosawa
Memes and shitposts aside, Malcolm X's Autobiography was also pretty interesting to me, but I usually am interested in the civil rights movement and Islam - his relationship with the Nation of Islam and how it soured; his trip to Mecca; his earlier disdain for other civil rights activists and his time in prison made for very interesting highlights for me.

How is Steve-o's book, OP?

Genuinely curious, I remember he mentioned in an interview how he used to be a circus performer and that his dad hated him so Steve-o would do gay things to annoy his dad.

I assume he has some unpleasant drug stories too. And that pre-throat cancer thing he has.

>Autobiography by Miles Davis
This is great, he's attacking everyone right and left but at the same time he also shits on himself for being an asshole

Yeah, but not just that, there's plenty of times he takes shots at people he clearly loves and respects too. Miles really was a fascinating person.

The time he confronts a comedian on an airplane because of a comment he made 10 years ago or something about Miles and his band being a group of spear-throwers was amazing.

I don't really get Jackass, are they all homosexual masochists or not?

Stop Time by Frank Conroy
This Boy's Life by Tobias Wolff
Childhood A Memory of a Place by Harry Crews
The Astonished Man by Blaise Cendrars
Life by Keith Richards

they're postmodern performance artists who really like poopy

Steve Martin can play the shit out of the banjo, if you weren't aware.