College cunts

uni thread? I'll start pls no bully

history major

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_by_number_of_billionaire_alumni
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing wrong with public schools tbqh.

UCLA class of '05 here; was a poli-sci major.

South Littleton State Metropolitan at Littleton here

Double majored in photography and smoking that kush

University of Otago

Who /NZ/ here

Oh shit nigger same here

[email protected]

;^)

Going to University of Chicago in the fall

Southern Connecticut state university
Psych major

these threads should be deleted on sight but i'll post anyway.

OP here, I almost went there, got offered a nice scholarship. Centre seemed really nice but I don't think I could cope with the size of the place, I'd probably sperg out then immediately ruin my social life for the next four years

Things do get around, but there are enough autists to find your circle. It's disgustingly fratty here though

I graduated a while ago, but I was a Georgia Tech compsci major.

I wish I had taken more English classes. But, at least my English Composition class taught Douglas Coupland and let me write a paper on AI.

I feel you dog I go to Bama, basically the frat capital of the world. It can get annoying but I feel like it's almost preferable to the alternative (frat free hyper feminist dystopian consent contracts rape)

Stand aside mortals.

UChicago here

Hi

the life of the mind, eh? you want to be a scholar, eh? rigor and all that schmuck? let me tell you something. ill tell you a bit little something about you. U at UChicago, freshmanon, ill tell U about rigor and that schmuck, that mind and scholar. ill tell that schmuck freshmanon at the rigorous university of chicago that the university of rigor is a world class Chicago research institution and that those so called ```$cholars''' tell the freshmanon schmuck they best be ready oh yes ready those scholars--them--yes ready for vigorous and i mean vigorous yes intellectually rigorous intellectual inquiry. wha'd'ya think 'bout that? youre fucking dead, kiddo

La Trobe University

Any Melbourne fags?

anyone fall for the st. john's meme? i'm considering applying to their MALA program

Harvard Kennedy School gents...

AI here

University of Auckland alumni

pls no bully.
i'll buy you sushi at the bridge

What do you do now?

>goes to Oxford
>doesn't use a comma to set off a direct address

U-Sydney here.

Hear about those anti-Chinese posters at Monash and Melbourne?

Economics major

Purchase College, Economics
Who were your professors last semester?

I start August 11

>paying money to read books

What college you at? I'm at Linacre

I'm an Oxonian, but I'm trying to get a teaching position at a university in my home-country Belgium.

Lol, what a joke.

I'm a third year physics major at Tech right now. They changed that restaurant to a terribly overpriced organic place that I've only tried once. They did build a big dining complex next to folk/caldwell that opens in the fall, though.
I like my school. It's composed entirely of the kids who coasted by high school without trying with perfect grades, then got here and hit a wall, so if you dig deep enough into literally 95% of students here you'll find inadequacy-fueled depression and suicidal thoughts hidden at various depths. Sounds awful but makes for a surprisingly interesting environment. I just wish there were more kids who gave a fuck about the humanities, nobody here reads real books except my girlfriend.

Transfering to Syracuse University for international relations/political science - any Syracusans?

I have a friend starting his freshman year here in the fall any words for him or should I just send him your post?

starting in sept

more like
>paying money to be a part of an academic community that has a proper appreciation for the western canon

Probably a long shot.
Doing a BA with English and Philosophy majors.

I'm doing the exact same thing.

what's up, my fellow relevant people

Freshman? I'm a senior, you're in for a fuckin treat

>Penn
Nice try

Fellas,
I'm meeting with a lecturer today about an essay in working with and just general stuff. I want to get some general advice and maybe ask about the possibility for doing honours.
How do impress an english lecturer? Shes running my Victorian literature class and already knows me by name from the few brief chats we've had.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_by_number_of_billionaire_alumni

>implying you're going to Wharton
Nice try

Step 1. Know what the fuck you're talking about

Step 2. Tie it into her own personal/professional work/focus/viewpoint

Step 3. Treat her like a person, not like she's the Queen. Lose a bit of formality or you'll just come across as unpersonable. Don't kick your feet up or call her dude or whatever, but don't be rigid and boring.

Greetings fellow Quaker!

Ayyy what's good

>penn
unironically thinking youre on our level
if youre not in wharton youre not even smart
if you are then btfo this board >>>biz

Not that guy but I'm at CAS. It's not what I thought it would be but it's not a bad place to study. I guess the Latin diploma is what I'm paying for...

A military institute in Brazil.
Merchant Marine.

who here /average state school with terrible humanities departments/?

You have to study STEM at my school or else you will be wasting your money

See you next semester newfriend ;^)

It's the opposite here, at least in the engineering school unless you're in mechanical I believe

Fuck these threads.I managed to completely tank my GPA through lack of motivation and depression, ruining what portion of my life was not yet ruined. It's not hard to completely fuck your shit up if you are depressed, never study, and don't show up to class. Especially if you are not in a shitty meme major like English literature and can't just bullshit your way into an A. I graduated community college in 2016 with a GPA of 2.184 for Computer Science. The only college in the state that accepted me was a terrible normalfag infested party school, Radford University. The average person here is the stereotypical dude bro and club whore, I am completely isolated from everyone else. Even the pretense (which was at least present in community college) of making friends and finding a lover, are thrown out the window. I hate every second of my time spent here.

Now I'm clammering to raise my GPA (which I elevated to a 2.4 this semester with a GPA of 3.6) above the 2.5 threshold so I can apply to a slightly better school, ODU, in Fall of 2018. Literally no other college in the state will accept me, the required GPA is a 3.0 for my major, so VCU, etc are all out. Someone HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE.

Pic Related in 2013
Carnegie Mellon Currently for an MBA

History

Hi

>black people passing onto Forbes in the middle of the day
>Chinese kids driving BMWs like madmen
>Asian girls taking the elevator up one floor in Wean
>constant threat of catching autism
Fuck that place

girl I knew went to your university.
She gave me a wristband that had some meaning she said but jsut wanted me to have something of her so Id be constanly reminded of her.

She means absolutely nothing to me now but I wear that wristband all the time.
WOuld almost say its my favorite possesion.

hello, I do German and Italian.
How do you find the uni?

I studied history + social policy at edinburgh. ( I thought social policy would be advantageous....thought i could get a shitty civil service job)

I work as a "clerical officer" in the NHS now.....I drink every night and smoke weed every morning to deal with it.....valium too.

enjoy the ride.

Oh fuck, I did the same thing in my first stint in college. What were your standardized test scores? I'm really hoping I can salvage this shit since I have test scores that should qualify me for scholarships at many unis.

girl i knew wnt to that university she gave me a mean blowjob i still miss her

UT Austin for undergrad. Starting this year :)

I didn't take the SAT because I knew I was going into CC. Very, very, VERY stupid of me, but I was only 16 so cut me a break. Had I taken the SAT, I could have gotten into some much better schools instead of following the CC meme. After you have more than 30 credits at University, and you are past a certain age (usually 22( colleges don't ask for your scores, so my scores, even if they existed wouldn't help me at all. How many credits have you attempted?

Who /startedwiththegreeks/ here.

What's your major, friend? How do you like Austin?

I've got, I think, 15 on my record but they were all considered dropped or etc. I have an aggregate 32 ACT score, don't have an SAT. The uni I'm applying for is still asking for my test results so I assume they do want them.
I'm not even pushing for a scholarship, I just want to make sure I'm not outright dropped due to shitty psychological circumstances a year ago. I'll bite the bullet on student loans; in my state there's really no other way out than getting a degree.

>
>i did this same thing in my bachelors, i think i was subconsciously trying to block myself from going to grad school, or maybe i was even conscious of it slightly...of course back in the 00s the economy hadn't totally tanked and it was still possible to get a job with having a phd from from a top 5 school, back then you could just squeek by with a bachelors from a decent state uni and still live a middle class life, fast forword ten years later and you can't get a job making coffee with a bachelors. well, i have a job but it's a job that to advance you need to have a networking personality that naturally sucks up to people with power instinctively, damn i wish i was like that, now that i've been working in a hierarchical organization for a while it's amazing how some people just naturally flock to the most powerful person and suck their dick, metaphorically or otherwise, and are then reward with all the choice assignment and jobs, oh and the other thing is there are non-negotiable rules that you need a masters to ever really get to a comfortable salary, man should definitely kill myself but it's so awkward to be found dead, maybe if i pretend to od by accident, idk i never used heroin what if i just give myself brain damage

college fucking blows and undergraduates at good universities are the worst most insufferable boring bland mindless braindead pieces of fucking garbage shit you could possibly imagine

it's literally high school 2.0, it's a bunch of 19 years old getting coffee and, somehow, simultaneously being ambitionless bare-minimum turds while also thinking they're the VANGUARD OF THE NEW SOCIAL REVOLUTION because they are young. it's literally just high school, IT'S JUST HIGH SCHOOL FOR THESE horrible children

t. teaches undergrads

You're so early on in your college career that things are very easily salvageable, literally just apply to every college in the state and see what happens. I'm fucked though.
What?
Well, I could see that being the case, but what does that have to do with the post you quoted?

>implying its not like that at every school

Going to college for anything outside of STEM or business is a waste of time.

>What?
i just woke up and still had that "must kill self" mood one gets immediately after snapping back to consciousness

any other /nyu/ folks here? just finished undergrad

that feel when no qt3.14159 intellectual girlfriend

I just graduated and need to do my GREs, what would you guys recommend? Any tips as to content, especially if you struggle with math? I want to do both the standard one and the literature focused one, which aren't very far apart in time here. How long should one prepare?

aaaahhhhh a fairfielder
which bar do the students tend to go to
im home for the summer

Magoosh. Or just buy any of the myriad prep books off Amazon.

Do the practice tests under test conditions, and don't cheat yourself. It's literal high school-level math, so if you can't at least manage a 165 you're probably just a brainlet (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I am double majoring in business and music! Austin is fine, but it is rather hot, with the Texas weather and all. It is also unique in that it doesn't feel like the rest of Texas; Austin
has its own ambiance to it, which can be seen with UT's student body. The place is just as liberal as california

That's why I'm in the online program. Same degree, don't have to deal with all the riff raff

Christ I would rather just not go to university than attend Radford

Learn a trade or something, you clearly are not a scholar

Second on Magoosh, helped me get a 700 on the GMAT

polysci and film

Clearly? Based on what? Having depression? I would bet that I'm much smarter than you.

yeah so am I, and idk the levee maybe, or just anywhere in town/black rock

St. Edward's University
End my life

Unless of course I get off the waitlist for Reed College

>clammering

Mooi, ik wou ook naar Leuven gaan maar ben uiteindelijk in Gent gaan studeren

You got me. Did you notice the other problems too?

>Based on what?
Based on your fucking grades, Radford

Wow, it's almost like you didn't bother to read the post. I offered justification for that, what is your counter argument?

>Late-July
>waitlist
Oh god how torturous. Also I hope you like mega hipsters because Reed is full of em

They're probably full anyway, but it would have been nice to attend Reed. I live in an ultra conservative third world shithole so it would have been a good change for me.

same bro

>history major

literally fucking why. you can do that on your own.

Yeah. Weird shit

I'm going next fall

>thinks that a history degree is about studying history, and not about historiography and becoming a historian

Why talk about things you're ignorant about?