If literature is a primarily feminine hobby, then why are there no women on Veeky Forums?

If literature is a primarily feminine hobby, then why are there no women on Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_women_writers
youtube.com/watch?v=u1jzVJjk32E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm literally a woman.

women don't have penises, user

I literally have the other thing.

There's a lot of girls on this board. Just that they don't usually post and are just lurking.

Yes, we call that the 'boipucci', but it is the other thing only literally.

>they don't post
>somehow you know they are here

How do you know someone's gender through an anonymous post?

Why would I use my butt when I have a pikachu?

There are women on Veeky Forums. They just are kinda spooked by the various brands of male-dominated mental issues displayed here.

And literature is not primarily a feminine hobby. The number of notable female writers fits on a wikipedia page.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_women_writers

>being willfully obtuse
Women read for recreation in higher numbers than men. If you want to talk about what sorts of books they read, that's another topic. But we're obviously not talking about writers. No one on Veeky Forums is a write of note (other than Pynchon).

>50 shades
>twilight
>harry potter
>>>>>>>>>literature

Get yourself together user.

>Ready Player One
>GoT
>The Martian
>literature
>anime

ugs.. easy on the arrots

>posting an anime pic

Ok

>implying there are men on Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums is an anime site doofus

Did you mean to type 'carrots', user?
I don't see any carrots here maybe you should eat some to help your eyesight

i am a woman on the weekends

carrots don't help your eyesight, pseud, that was a scam of the Royal Air Force officers in ww2 who wanted more carrots

They are probably offline, reading.

go back to medical school brainlet

What did they want all those carrots for?

gran's recipe

>Non-american on Veeky Forums
>Women on Veeky Forums
>Non-white people on Veeky Forums
> Non-american women on Veeky Forums
>Non-white women on Veeky Forums
>Non-american non-white women on Veeky Forums

This board is likely to be very homogeneous

we have a lot of spics and some spics women, just check goodreads threads

They don't read literature, OP. They read Harry Potter and YA.

Hispanics are like half-white or quarter-white ; it doesn't count

They are probably offline, doing chest exercises.

youtube.com/watch?v=u1jzVJjk32E

Youre really fucking reaching, you know that?

?

Do you disagree with what I said?

I want to but I just don't know enough about hispanics to prove it.

Go on goodreads. It's mostly women, but they're all reading young adult trash. It's the few men on the site who read the classics.

Spics can be of any race, but they're mostly mixed white European and Native American. The lighter ones are more European, and the darker more Native.

>Spics can be of any race
this is your brain on american education

There's a difference between shitposting about books on an anime imageboard and actually reading/writing books.

Are you denying that that's the case? There are black and east Asian Hispanics. This was the president of Peru. "Hispanic" just refers to someone who comes from a primarily Spanish-speaking country.

aren't robots genderless?

He's right you fucking retard

Did you read what I wrote? I clearly made it known that you could criticize women for reading dross (remembering of course that even on Veeky Forums shit taste or just rank stupidity abound). Vapid people are attracted to social media. Women read more, hence more vapid women on goodreads.

LONDON

>if you close your eyes the world disappears

ofcourse, there have to be outliers.
fem user here. Joyce for the meme.

>ivanhoe
bless you user

post shelves

IS THAT TRIPSKANK???

there are.

Tao Lin wrote something of note.
Women read A LOT more than men recreationally, this includes philosophy and literary works, deal with it.

>this includes philosophy and literary works
Is there evidence for this, or do the numbers only include overall reading?

My camera is too grainy for this question to garner a response. but here it is anyways, good luck.

I'm not sure i know who trip skank is. First time posting.

Rob roy is a favorite.

old Veeky Forums trip with your skintone and hair

also post your goodreads

>Liberating Faith by Gottlieb
Sounds like libshit nanana i'm not listening to what is in the bible trash desu. Am I wrong?

No.

what works are literary is subjective, you can't really empirically test for that. I know that anecdotally, me, my sister, my mother, my aunt, my female cousin and my grandmother are the only ones that actively read literary works in my close family despite it having just as many men. They prefer things like political autobiographies, Guinness, and edutainment.

TEHYR'E ALL FUCKING READING!!!

A girl on Veeky Forums ?

Mirabile dictu! And a qt as well at least as far as I can tell.

sad, bro. sad.

>he hasn't subscribed to oecoevangelicalism

>old hag
>qt

do you actually believe that's unusual? like, I get the "no women on Veeky Forums xddddd" meme was funny in 2006, but it doesn't actually reflect reality at all. immature shock humor is not male exclusive.

You're right, it is anecdotal. In my own family the opposite's the case, and being on goodreads for years does confirm it to me.

Women are all in the cartoon boards and /lgbt/. You can just tell that this board is predominately male by the way people write.

Considering most female book enthusiasts are just retards that only fake it for social media points, it's allllll boys in here

>but it doesn't actually reflect reality at all

Proof?

I'm a "woman", technically

What do you mean "technically" ?

You're saying you can magically intuit that women are lurking the board in significant numbers

I don't know. I'm a woman, but it wasn't a topic as a kid, my parents never mentioned it and I was pretty isolated from everyone else, so I never learned to care, so I just don't. I'm not transgender, I just don't really feel like a women.

You're saying you can do the opposite?

I don't "feel" like a man. I just am one. How I feel about it is irrelevant because my gender was chosen for me at the moment of conception. If I was a woman I would be someone else completely. Every experience I've ever had has been shaped by my biological makeup and by the way society responds to biology.

That I can't magically intuit female lurkers? Yes

We must get to the bottom of this

>board full of mouthbreathing losers
>not many women

really gets the neurons tingling