What does Veeky Forums think of Bob Dylan

So what do you guys think of Bob Dylan? Brilliant lyricist or pretentious fuckwad?

inb4 Nobel

Blake?

Kike

>Blonde on blonde
>Highway 66 revisited
>Freewhelin'
>Desire
>Blood on the Tracks

He's an absolute God

hello blake

woah did you guys hear that song where he mentioned BOTH TS Eliot AND Ezra Pound? Truly a master of verbal form :)

my favorite member of the beatles

i don't know if i would deify him...and i think the nobel was a mistake..... but these are fantastic albums with extraordinarily good lyrics

If you ever heard the story about him kicking Phil Ochs out of his limo for giving his honest opinion about the latest Dylan album, when Dylan *asked Ochs* what he thought, then you know my answer.

He is a bit of an asshole but you have to separate the artist from the works

This. Shows how based Bob is desu

Who are you and how do you know my name

this is your conscience

wow I wish there were a music board or somewhere to talk about music and musicians

Well, I didn't mean to imply Brilliant Lyricist and Pretentious Fuckwad were mutually exclusive. But I'll take Phil Ochs, Tom Paxton, Pete Seeger, or Woody Gutherie over Dylan any day. That's just my taste.

Lyrics are poetry, get your head out of your ass

Can I have a bit more information than that? If you have a way to contact me please do so because I'm not about to go on a manhunt to figure out who you are.

>Brilliant lyricist

Thing about Bob is that most of his lyrics - there are a few exceptions - standing alone, are not god-tier.

It's when he sets them against a melody, and *sings* them, that they become god-tier.

For the Veeky Forumserati, his autobiography, Chronicles, is real good. It's funny and it's got that poetry thing popping up when you least expect it, and all sorts of odd and striking images and deep dives into the soul and the bricks on the sidewalk. (Did he ever release a second part?)

What an insult to poetry!
Do you think it's okay to post anything with lyrics on here then? Ought I post about the new Phoenix album? After all, "lyrics are poetry!" They even use sentences split between lines!

boogerpenis

i take the cover image of jwh as a loose parody of the beatles, with bob posed calmly, smilingly and superiorly as himself.

Goddamn brilliant. I don't even care how much people like to stroke his cock.
>Gates of Eden
>It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
>Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
>Queen Jane Approximately
>Masters of War
Are some the best songs ever written, and hold up damned well on their own as poetry

>You that build
>You that build
>You that build
>You that hide
>You that hide
All in a row. Great poetry?

Great songs

>I don't even care how much people like to stroke his cock.

Some interview I read with Jabob fils, if memory serves. When he was a teen, famous people whom he idolized came to visit his dad, and they were trembling and nervous. It opened his eyes up.

I love you

drifting speed

Anime not drugs am I right?

Nigger

Who is this Blake

a meme

CChec