"Well, come straight over here to us, why don’t you? You won’t come? It’s worth your while, I assure you."

>"Well, come straight over here to us, why don’t you? You won’t come? It’s worth your while, I assure you."
>"Where do you mean, and who all are you?"
>"Over here," he said, showing me an open door and an enclosed area just facing the wall. "A lot of us spend our time here. There are quite a few besides ourselves, and they’re all good-looking"

>"First I’d like to hear what I’m coming in for, and the name of the bestlooking member."
>"Each of us has a different opinion on who that is, Socrates."
>"So tell me, Hippothales, who do you think it is?"
>He blushed at the question, so I said, "Aha! You don’t have to answer that, Hippothales, for me to tell whether you’re in love with any of these boys or not, I can see that you are not only in love but pretty far gone too."

Why were the Greeks so fucking gay? Y'all told me to start with them but damn, I can't get over all the faggotry.

Women can't into rationality and honor.

>who is Joan of Arc

An exception that proves the rule?

>who is Marie Curie

Two exceptions?

The Athenians were hella into gay ephebophilia. You just have to accept it and take on board the philosophy.

Will he try for a third?

>who is Lynn Margulis?

>who is Elizabeth I of England

>who is Catherine the Great?

I was thinking that it would be more subtile. I guess I was wrong. I hate faggots so goddamn much.

Holy... I want more.

Neither rational nor honorable. Admirable regardless.

>Joan of Arc
>not honorable

>Who is Willa Cather

>your were never fucked by hot daddy cock in your prime teen years and now at 24 and balding none of them want you.

>Who is Juana Ines de la Cruz

Pretty sure the whole "start with the greeks" thing is a meme right? Like yeah it doesn't hurt to read it if you like it, and even if it's not really your thing it is still worth it to read a couple important works, but seriously does anyone really NEED to sift through fifty obscure ancient philosophical manuals before they can crack open a hard copy of Green Eggs and Ham?

If you really don't like the Greeks then seriously, don't even bother, spend a couple of hours on Wikipedia and then read something you actually enjoy.

>Who is your mother?

That some image, representation or depiction of something is an acceptable substitute for that thing - the central fallacy of Greek thought.

>"I mean, here he is, completely fixated on this boy and totally unable to say anything more original to him than any child could say.How ridiculous can you get? All he can think of to say or write is stuff the whole city goes around singing—poems about Democrates and the boy’s grandfather Lysis and all his ancestors, their wealth and their stables and their victories at the Pythian, Isthmian, and Nemean Games in the chariot races and the horseback races. And then he gets into the really ancient history. Just the day before yesterday he was reciting some poem to us about Heracles being entertained by one of their ancestors because he was related to the hero—something about him being a son of Zeus and the daughter of their deme’s founding father—old women’s spinning-songs, really. This is the sort of thing he recites and sings, Socrates, and forces us to listen to."