What's the worst book you were required to read for primary school?

What's the worst book you were required to read for primary school?

you posted it

how the fuck could anyone think that was the worst shit theyve read

harry potter

Matthew Reilly's Ice Station. Which I didn't bother reading.

Queensland education is the worst in Australia, which already has a bad education system generally

Ulysses. The teach kept on complaining about it being all form and no real substance.

second grade btw

Fucking John Green. I also rememer The Turn of the Screw by Henry James being painfully boring, but I can't say it's bad because I was 15 or so.

Tfw went to top 100 ranked highschool nationwide and summer reading was Fault In Their Stars

And then I get to class and I have a Jewish teacher for the year

Like cmon John green was enough punishment for being alive already

I don't even think that we were required to read books in primary school in australia.
All I remember is spending a lot of time doing interactive choose your own adventure stories on the projector and watching shitty australian films.
Fuck australia.

We read it in my SENIOR year literature class. Fucking US public schools.

We also had of mice and men read to us by our teacher in my junior year.

Of Mice and Men.

I was glad when they killed that big bitch

Turn of The Screw is pretty good my man.

Nothing groundbreaking, but worth a read.

we weren't required to read books for primary school. i did anyway. they had to drag me out of the library that one time. "The King of the Copper Mountain".

you're fucking kidding me. they have sperg-level action spyshit as required reading in schools? that's like force-feeding people baked beans as part of a hospitality/chef's course.

yeah, i know how it is. i was in grade 2, seven years old, when Miss Durst made us read Gravity's Rainbow. pretty sure i was the only one in the class who finished it. most of the other kids used their copies of the books as paintbrushes.

>monster
>letters from rifka
>night
>snow treasure
>number the stars
>boy in the striped pajamas
Oyyyyyy Veeeeeeey

Christ they require kids to read the fault in the stars now?

The fuck is wrong with these teachers?

But anyway yeah, i really fucking hated A Wrinkle In Time. Meg started out as a fucking bitch. There's noting to indicate who she was before her father left. Then the other planets they go to serve NO fucking purpose whatsoever. It's only once they get to Camazotz does anything remotely interesting happen, but even so, the book doesn't want to give the least bit exposure to what the day to day life is like for the people actually living there, just vague warnings to the kids, who by the way, can't work as a unit for five fucking seconds. The minute any one of them wants to act another goes, "But mrs. Whatsit said we should stick together!" Fuck all those kids, I hope they all give into the hypnosis.

The Great Gilly Hopkins was pretty unbearable at the time, I can't really remember anything worse that was forced upon me to read.

The chocolate war

>required to read for primary school
Reading comprehension where art thou

They're doing that here in Ireland as well. Your teacher chooses what books you read though so as long as they're not retarded you're grand

Noughts and Crosses

Finnegans Wake in 2nd grade

>nothing groundbreaking
Exploring neurosis and the consequences of sexual abuse was a common theme in the late 19th century?

The Scarlet Letter.