Consciousness, Reality, and the Power of Word

Do you believe in the power of Words and Intent? Does what you say impact the reality of yourself and others on a level that is not only heard, but felt beyond audible words?

Can words and literature shape our perception, and reality itself? If it were so, would you change the things you say?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8
youtube.com/watch?v=PDW9Lqj8hmc
plato.stanford.edu/entries/consciousness-intentionality/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priming_(psychology)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When ever I'm doing something shit, I tend not to realise it's shit until i say the words "this is shit" in my mind. After that point the task becomes unbearable or causes associated pains of body and emotion. I tend now to never thing bad of any task i'm given and i don't mind doing them now.

these are the things that inspired this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8

youtube.com/watch?v=PDW9Lqj8hmc

plato.stanford.edu/entries/consciousness-intentionality/

Good topic. How you verbalize things inwardly and outwardly very much as an affect on your psyche.

This is also why meditation is so vital to our psychological wellbeing.

Language is the womb of consciousness--without language there is no existence.

Breathe in
Breathe out
Breathe in
It's a language so old to you that you don't even have to think about it. Persistence is the language of existence, for it always wishes to be. Listen closely to your DNA, and hear a language spoken long before you became I. Life is existence in reform. Ever changing, yet ever being. A star, broken down and scattered across worlds. Fusing and spawning itself as it fuels to be. Purposely forgetting its continuity for the experience it brings to light of dark.

>Language is the womb of consciousness--without language there is no existence.

Disagre.

Language is just a tool like any other that we have allowed to shape our minds to excessive degrees. All language does is allow us to interface with the world a little more deeply than if we ran on pure instinct like an animal.

You're too narrow.
Your vision--blended together from two eyes, your olfactory system, your skin, your digestive tract, and your endocrine system--you are an idea born in a brain constantly receiving input and diligently organising it so that it may be viewed by I (the idea of you). It's all a language; it's your body communicating with the forces it interacts with. I (the idea of you) stems from the language of your brain, which interprets the collected signals as reality--existence and consciousness. But consciousness isn't just a language spoken by your brain, but by the universe as well--don't forget your brain is of course a part of the universe. Music can make you hallucinate--as in experience something that isn't there--which this idea alone shows how the universe communicates with itself in different tongues. You just have to be open to the words.

I dont really disagree, but I recognize we're talking from two different angles. I prefer a more...practical approach.

Your definition of language is bullshit

do you even psychology 101?

Yeah.. What a conclusive point you've presented me.
It's really not.

Yeah, I was a little exaggerated from practical implications. But the overtones are still there. Existence is, at its core, a language. So of course the words you say everyday impact your being in ways that often seem imperceptible at first, but will come to shape you and how those around perceive you. Which, in itself, is altering reality and it's perception.

This user may not be a Phd in psychology, however there is nothing wrong with his idea of language. Reason being, as the human being is a person, the person is only a side effect of being human. What is a human; Skin, flesh, bones, nerves, digestive systems, blood purification systems, air filtration systems, and a brain. Of these things, which is primary? We have a skeleton to hold us upright, muscles to move, eyes to see, nerves to sense pain and coordinate movement, and intestines to absorb nutrients into our blood, which is purified by our kidneys, and lungs to keep take in oxygen to keep our muscles working better. ALL of these things that our body does is not for the sake of the body, but of the brain. The brain needs electricity from our nerves, clean oxygenated blood, and nutrients to build muscle to make it easier for our brain to get the nutrients it needs to sustain itself. Humans are merely a vessel for the brain to carry itself. Why should language be any different than other parts of our bodies? We use language to convey ideas, manipulate others, deceive ourselves to satisfy our brains(desires). The brain WANTS to be happy, it wants to feel sad, it wants to put itself in an advantageous position by using language to maneuverer through the obstacles that are Other humans brains.

It is the cause of idealogical dilemmas, and wars, and even this conversation. The brain is constantly in a state of survival and even now in this thread, our brains are conveying their intent to justify, rationalize, normalize, and quantify things that we feel as individuals, we need to satisfy our desire to validate our perceptions and intentions.

Language is more than a tool, it is the very essence of the human experience. For the brain needs no language to process information, but the words we use can express that information as ideas and concepts, to convey them to ourselves and others.

>my face when my brain wrote this

Hell-lo. good mourning. Well come.

Bliss sings or be-lessings?

Spells are spelt.

Dont let yourself be weakened for the weekend.

Thats amazing what this brain does wow i imagine the penis also wants to be happy ha ha so why dont you suck my dick you fucking pseud.

I get your sticking up for the guy, but you only took in about a part of what he was saying, and missed the core concept of what he was saying.

Why do pseuds pick the topic at hand to talk about whatever they're thinking about at the moment?

>Hey guys I just realized a certain subtle layer to life that I never did before, this thread is about language, so I'm grouping all of that under the definition of "language" and fuck you you stuffy close-minded academic if you don't accept that.

When you learn something new it changed your perspective, that should be obvious.
>Reality itself
No, also who said language is limited to words? Animal's use body language all the time.

as body language is not a facet of verbal language, and it doesnt correlate to intelligent thought in the same way it does to instinctual thought of an animal.

But answer this. Is the instinctual thoughts of an animal any different than a conscious choice an animal makes? how would anyone know the difference? and How much of a humans thoughts and actions are instinctual rather than conscious? How could we know the difference? weve become so civilized, can we even recognize when our instincts take over?

How much of those instincts can we derive from speech. You use words to lie to your boss if you call off sick to go to a game. You sugarcoat for your children to keep them calm.

"you're dying and theres nothing that can be done". "You're body is undergoing various changes that are not in favor of life, and there are very few options to change this."
How would you like your doctor to speak to you? How would each of those statements change how you feel?

You just changed the subject to freewill

There are ideas that can't be explained through language, this is why there is art my dude.

Wow, I guess art doesn't speak to people.

Please read .
It was pertinent, just too large for to realize it was.

Feel the will-to-be speak to you:
Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Once you've found the breath you've lost--
Breathe in.
Breathe out.

You're thinking too fast, too sporadic. Slow down. Think of before instinct--a stem--and awareness--a bud. Breathe in. Feel the roots. Breathe out--what do they say? Persistence is the language of existence. Reform, reface, reinterpret. Breathe in. Feel the roots. Breathe out--what do they say?

speech and intent IS of free will, and the conscious effort we make to perpetuate our will into the world. the subject hasnt changed.

Art doesnt speak, but the intent of the artist does influence the consciousness of the observer.

>Art doesnt speak, but the intent of the artist does influence the consciousness of the observer.

You realize what you just said, right? And what would you say is the purpose of art?

through art, an artist can convey an idea to an audience. The art itself can subjectively "speak", but only by the intentions of the artist.

You wouldnt be trying to suggest "muh feelings", would you?

"Florida effect" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priming_(psychology)

Just imagine the possibilities.

Art is subjective. See the London thread that's active currently.

You say feelings sarcastically, but for, returning to music, a sound to draw an emotion from you it must mean there is an inherent connection between the sound and the emotion. Nothing in the wild sounds like a piano or a trumpet, but their sounds can resonate your being. That is a language, a level of communication above (or below) your waking comprehension. It's beyond primal, and stems to primordial. Harmony and melody, beats and rhythms, it's communication.

I hear music in the wind, and trees. The splashing of water, the croak of frogs, and the chirping of birds. Nature is as music to my soul.

this is a technique that has been utilized in propaganda media, as well as a method of brainwashing in various instances. If Certain words that are associated with eachother are removed, you could supplant them with any words you want to trigger a response from the target to mirror your suggested words.

For a Prime example, watch CNN and Fox news, and compare their language and use of particular words.

Exactly. Nature is the instrumentals which make the music that is your soul.