Writing while drunk: yay or nay? I never tried it

Writing while drunk: yay or nay? I never tried it.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B074CR8LJT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not as fun as it sounds, honestly just about any substance just gets in the way if you're really into your work. Don't rely on them.

Fully drunk? You'll write nothing of merit. If your brain is having a hard time making your mouth work properly, then the higher-reasoning and motor control you need to write is pretty much fucked.
Although have been tipsy and come up with some good pieces. The difference there being that I wasn't really drunk. I had casually had a few pints over the course of an evening. Even then it all need some serious editing the next morning.
Alcohol, in moderate amounts, can be good for quelling your inhibitions so that you just sit down and write, but it shouldn't be a crutch or a necessity for your writing.

It starts to read an awfully lot like a 15 year old retard wrote it if you write while drunk. Nothing but shit. You do not think nearly as much as you should do on what you're writing, and you write needlessly vulgar things you wouldn't of written whilst sober.

>there is a difference between being drunk and being tipsy xD
Absolute idiot. If you are affected by alcohol, you are drunk. No matter how little the effect is.

In university I went to a "drunk creative writing" club, and it was great fun.
I doubt you'd be able to write anything of depth while drunk though.

What said. Not as fun as it sounds. Reading while drunk is nice though. Or reading while getting drunk, more like.

Do you remember any of what you read the day afterwards?

Getting a little bit stoned helps me set up the foundation. And I can actually focus better on it.
But you should try these things yourself what works for me isn't necessarily working for others.

Yes, of course. How much do you drink when you get drunk?

As usual, looking at the lives of the great writers of the past, one can quickly discover that alcoholism is not inherently adverse to art. That's it: disregard who says that your writing will get better or worse, since it depends on the individual.
Personally, getting shitfaced makes me useless. There's a treshold, and if I go past that I turn into an idiot. Also drinking often dulls me out: like for most drugs, alcohol is better when there's no tolerance.

For me, nothing gets the brain going like caffeine...or a little bit of adderall.

It depends on "what kind" of drunk you are. I wouldn't get hammered, but I have written a large amount of good poems, some of which have been published, under the greater or lesser influence of alcohol, marijuana, and speed. (usually separately, rarely together).

>doesn't know about the relationship between BAC and impairment level
>Isn't aware of the difference between physical and mental impairment
It's like you've never even gotten an Aggravated DWI and had to go to a bunch of classes to get your license back.

>~t. Bill W.

I always find my own drunk writing funny because it's never much more than a string of "nigger nigger nigger nigger" and puns. Wouldn't recommend writing seriously while drunk, though. You can't think as well.

>I always find my own drunk writing funny because it's never much more than a string of "nigger nigger nigger nigger" and puns.
If that's what you write while drinking you probably are a terrible writer whilst sober. I can write "decently" when drunk. I don't turn into a complete fucking retard like you apparently do. It's just that I don't write as well as when I'm sober.

a literal neckbeard

No fucking way, I like to have my working memory intact so I can actually, you know, think.

>muh flowing feelings
faggot.

About a third of a regular glass. I would imagine that you can't concentrate very well and that you don't know what's going on when you're drunk. It's hard enough to remember what you've read when you're sober lol.

Hey, not everybody is affected by alcohol, or any drug, in the same way. It is said that Churchill probably had a high enough BAC to be considered "buzzed" all day throughout a large part of his adult life, including as prime minister. Yes, it is usually difficult for women and children to think after a few drinks.

Being mentally impaired still makes you act like an idiot. I feel that if alcohol has done something to change you, you are drunk.

yeh, maybe if you're a friggin rehtahd

>churchill
opinion discarded.

How About
>Hemmingway
>Fitzgerald
>FDR
>Thompson
>Faulkner
>Joyce
>Poe
>Fleming
>(insert your favorite author here)

>Opinion
>On a board called Veeky Forums
>post something without injecting opinion
>user discards opinion I never stated to begin with
Never change, shitpostchan.

When I'm drunk there's nothing less interesting than writing, I'm a bit looser but I can't really write anything more complex than rambling narration.

When I'm stoned I feel super interested in my writing and while I may get too pretentious and need to edit like crazy later it seems more productive to me overall.

Writing sober with a cup of coffee is probably best though.

Writing while drinking? Or drinking while writing?

This is a thread for adults

That's it.

Wrote 99% of my book shit faced.

Tomorrow it sells for $0.00 for five days if you want a copy.

Also, leave some asshole reviews on it if you do read it. I want to see people's reactions when they check if it's worth reading haha.

amazon.com/dp/B074CR8LJT

I'll be ordering it tomorrow then. Better not let me down boneroni.

if you're not a pussy bitch and can't stay awake while fully blotto then it's the only way.

When I'm drunk and write I tend to write for 15-20 minutes and then move on to something else. I find my attention span and vocabulary is stunted by alcohol.